Poll

Do you watch My Little Pony: Frendship is Magic?

Yes, and I consider myself a brony/pegasister.
Yes, but I do not call myself a brony/pegasister.
No, but I have no problem with people who do watch the show.
No, and I think bronies are weird.

Author Topic: FT's Official My Little Pony Thread  (Read 94786 times)

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 62
  • :D
    • FurAffinity - HaddockWolf
  • Fursona Species: Dracocatwolf, Illogical Tribrid from another dimension
Re: FT's Official My Little Pony Thread
« Reply #460 on: August 26, 2012, 05:34:45 am »
That awkward moment where your the only non-brony on a "furry" forum :P
"In the end we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -Dr. MLK Jr.
Every person is born a white canvas, and each person we touch, each person we talk to, they impart a shade of their color upon you. and these mixes of colors blend into a unique shade that is you - Alexander (me)

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #461 on: August 31, 2012, 01:16:04 am »
I just thought I'd post this. :D

Relax, I'll contend that you're far from the only user which doesn't like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. And even if you were, I'm sure that nobody here would pressure you to watch it.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Larsen

• You could be next
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 21
  • I Want Crazy
    • DeviantArt - AnimalLarsen
    • Twitter - @musleh_yusef
  • Fursona Species: dog/wolf
« Reply #462 on: August 31, 2012, 03:23:52 am »
I just thought I'd post this. :D

Relax, I'll contend that you're far from the only user which doesn't like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. And even if you were, I'm sure that nobody here would pressure you to watch it.

I don't like MLP either, just backing you up.
#Ifeelpretty

Offline Skiggy the Skag

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 26
« Reply #463 on: September 02, 2012, 02:53:41 am »
I keep hearing more and more about this, I've seen little bits and pieces on youtube, I know most of the characters as well as their personas. YouTube takes forever to load on my phone(my only source for internet).
Could someone tell me what network the show airs on? I'd like to give it a decent chance.

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 595
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #464 on: September 02, 2012, 01:10:33 pm »
I keep hearing more and more about this, I've seen little bits and pieces on youtube, I know most of the characters as well as their personas. YouTube takes forever to load on my phone(my only source for internet).
Could someone tell me what network the show airs on? I'd like to give it a decent chance.

Its on The Hub :3
Youtube doesn't load longer videos for me now, so a friend suggest I watch from this website: Dailymotion
They have all the episodes c:
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Skiggy the Skag

• Green Level
« Reply #465 on: September 02, 2012, 07:04:12 pm »
Thanks! I'll find the hub later(if it's on dish), and catch some of it.

Offline Juno fox

• For the furs!
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 4
  • I'm gonna be somebody some day
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Bronies? Anyone?
« Reply #466 on: September 28, 2012, 02:38:50 pm »
During the past summer a friend of mine introduced my to mlp fim and I loved it. Every bit of it is filled with creativity in manner that's delightful for eyes and ears of all ages so the question is  what do you think of the show? :fox-:):

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Hoofies down here.
Re: Bronies? Anyone?
« Reply #467 on: September 28, 2012, 03:14:39 pm »
During the past summer a friend of mine introduced my to mlp fim and I loved it. Every bit of it is filled with creativity in manner that's delightful for eyes and ears of all ages so the question is  what do you think of the show? :fox-:):
Merged thread with another existing thread of the same topic. You can discuss both My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Bronies here.

But yeah, from what I've seen of it, I that think the show is of good quality. I don't think it is a quality TV series rivaling the likes of Game of Thrones or really deserving of the attention it has been receiving over the internet. However I have appreciated it for what it is. A good TV show tailored towards children when so many seem to be utter shite these days. As for bronies, I tolerate them and overall feel neutral towards the fanbase. But I would be lying if I didn't say that they annoy me from time to time, as many fandoms do.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 09:04:32 pm by Gage »
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor

Offline Skiggy the Skag

• Green Level
« Reply #468 on: September 29, 2012, 02:01:10 am »
Mods are asleep, post ponies.
I watched it, and after questioning my masculinity, I think it's alright. I think it's a nice show, but how does it warrant such a massive fandom? Is there a deeper purpose? I mean this respectively, but what's the big deal? It just seems like a typical children's show. Again, I mean this respectively.

Offline Larsen

• You could be next
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 21
  • I Want Crazy
    • DeviantArt - AnimalLarsen
    • Twitter - @musleh_yusef
  • Fursona Species: dog/wolf
« Reply #469 on: September 29, 2012, 06:04:43 pm »
I watched it, and after questioning my masculinity, I think it's alright. I think it's a nice show, but how does it warrant such a massive fandom? Is there a deeper purpose? I mean this respectively, but what's the big deal? It just seems like a typical children's show. Again, I mean this respectively.

People like it because it's an average cartoon show with some moral value (that's why I don't like it, boring and predictable). But why some people (more of the older fans) praise it likes its a gift from heaven is because they want to be "different" and want to go against societies "norms". The show is overrated, that's about it.
#Ifeelpretty

Offline Blaidd

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 101
  • Fursona Species: a piece of fecal matter
« Reply #470 on: September 30, 2012, 03:10:52 pm »

Well, being a brony, I can tell you that it is partially because of the show. But I also have to say that a large part of it is the fandom and the people in it. There is literally so much positivity from all the participating fans that you can hardly find any pony related video with more dislikes than likes, even including troll videos. You get so many supportive people in the community, that you can look at critiques and only see positive feedback. I also like the ideology a lot of people associate with bronies, such as "Love and Tolerate" and such.

I think the reason that the fandom started up so big in the first place, spawning from it just being a joke, was the fact that fans were forced to defend themselves for liking the show. I would say that, if most of society were to say that Spongebob was only meant for little girls to watch, then you would get a lot of people standing up for it, saying that both genders and people of all ages should be able to watch it without getting ridiculed. Then again, females aren't shunned like males are for doing things seen as male, like playing sports for example, or wearing boys clothing, whereas a male would instantly be looked down upon for doing ballet or wearing girls clothes.

Not only that, but the show itself is interactive with it's fans, including all the male ones. From things like including Derpy, a background character that was initially believed to be an animation error, was included in several episodes later, and is even expected to get her own episode, to things like allowing people to upload entire episodes to YouTube or sell products based off of the show and characters without pushing any lawsuits. And the voice actors, animators, and people like the writers of the show interact with the fans as well, a lot of them even showing up to events such as conventions.

All in all, it's just about being able to share an interest with people who are like you and open minded enough to try out something that isn't initially thought of as acceptable in today's society.
  • Pronouns: They/Them He/Him

Offline Nael Oran

• That guy with the... thingy... you know...
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 18
  • Being a programmer is hard... But I'll get there.
    • DeviantArt - Nael-Oran
    • FurAffinity - Nael-Oran
    • Twitter - Nael Oran
  • Fursona Species: Silver Fox
« Reply #471 on: September 30, 2012, 04:36:41 pm »
Just realized Alex is still using the same image i drew for him over a year or two ago... Might be time to update. TO MAH BOOK!!!

On another note, Its an OK show... I can honestly say that I like it, and I'm anticipating the next season... Not really a brony persay, but HAVE drawn myself a pony. This show IMO, is in itself, the savior of modern cartoon. The ones I've seen lately are going straight to the crapper, and Anime is slowly replacing it...
It seems like humans have forgotten that they are animals at heart... We furries awakened to that truth...

What could that mean?

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Hoofies down here.
« Reply #472 on: November 08, 2012, 08:32:03 am »
http://www.fourthestatenewspaper.com/off-the-wall/2012/11/07/michael-bay-to-make-my-little-pony-movie-bronies-aim-to-halt-production-with-online-petition/

In an unexpected turn of events, Michael Bay has announced interest in directing a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic movie. It looks like we can expect My Little Pony exploding into a cinema near us sometime very soon!

8)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:36:01 am by Gage »
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor

Offline Emerald Night

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 14
  • Fursona Species: Unicorn
« Reply #473 on: November 08, 2012, 08:58:12 am »
http://www.fourthestatenewspaper.com/off-the-wall/2012/11/07/michael-bay-to-make-my-little-pony-movie-bronies-aim-to-halt-production-with-online-petition/

In an unexpected turn of events, Michael Bay has announced interest in directing a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic movie. It looks like we can expect My Little Pony exploding into a cinema near us sometime very soon!

8)

This made my day.

Why didn't I know about this thread earlier?
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Offline Blaidd

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 101
  • Fursona Species: a piece of fecal matter
« Reply #474 on: November 08, 2012, 11:31:48 pm »

8)

Haha, omygosh! That is just too good!

On related notes, new ponies are coming! IN TWO DAYS!!!1! I've invited over a couple of friends this weekend just so we can catch it right as it airs.

It. Is going. To be. Fun.
  • Pronouns: They/Them He/Him

Offline rvb123

• PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals.
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • I enjoy lucid dreaming, Doctor Who, and Cake.
  • Fursona Species: Pudu
« Reply #475 on: November 17, 2012, 04:10:22 pm »
My favorite pony is fluttershy as I am a very shy individual.  :fox-:):
I'm that centrist, pagan, pansexual, babyfur, psychology nerd that your extremist conservative grandparents, that you may or may not have, warned you about. Now fear my adjective filled personage!

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Hoofies down here.
« Reply #476 on: November 17, 2012, 05:37:17 pm »
Did anyone see the most recent episode? I just happened to watch it with a couple of friends. It was actually a pretty good episode, one of the best I've ever seen, actually. It touched upon important topics such as responsibility and having to make tough decisions. But even more importantly I think it touches upon the ethics of cloning (a subject I'm quite interested in), as Pinkie Pie clones herself multiple times to evade having to make difficult decisions. Some of my favourite parts included:

« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 06:09:57 pm by Gage »
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 595
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #477 on: November 17, 2012, 05:46:30 pm »

I haven't seen the whole thing yet, but I LOVE this omg <3
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Goat angst

• Your crazy ruler
  • Cookies: 114
  • Mmmmm goat angst~
    • DeviantArt - crazymonkey45
    • FurAffinity - crazywolf45
  • Fursona Species: Crazy and spooky goat angst
« Reply #478 on: November 17, 2012, 05:51:28 pm »

I haven't seen the whole thing yet, but I LOVE this omg <3

I want to see this one it looks, so amusing!
  • Award - Beta Tester

Tacos are the best kind of weapons!

Offline LANCIFROST

• Let's go!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 103
  • A' suh dudes!
    • DeviantArt - Spartan329
    • FurAffinity - LanceThyla
    • Twitter - Lancifur
    • Weasyl - Lance
    • My Tumblr.
  • Fursona Species: Thylacine
« Reply #479 on: December 07, 2012, 03:05:20 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijzMnFr-8Tc

I'm just going to drop this here for fellow Lyra lovers.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - usa
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - pansexual