Poll

Do you watch My Little Pony: Frendship is Magic?

Yes, and I consider myself a brony/pegasister.
Yes, but I do not call myself a brony/pegasister.
No, but I have no problem with people who do watch the show.
No, and I think bronies are weird.

Author Topic: FT's Official My Little Pony Thread  (Read 94445 times)

Offline Tempo

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 5
    • DeviantArt - Sytren
    • FurAffinity - UrsydeCaffe
  • Fursona Species: Kamchatka Bear
Re: What else does MLP have?
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2011, 04:29:41 am »
Sweetie Bell's voice, blew me away, yo. I hope her cutie mark has something to do with that amazing, awesome, gospel talent.

If the show keeps continuing, I noticed Friday are when new ones come out, April 8 is friday and mah burthday :DDD That be the most awesome birthday gift evah lul

Thats it, I hope they sell mugs, I want a Sweetie Bell, Apple Bloom and Derpy Hooves mug nao. >:U

EDIT: Can't forget Macintosh, can never forget Big Mac. Eeeup.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 04:33:54 am by OsaShay »
"If you're afraid to fall you fall because you're afraid, everything is choice" - Daniel Ilabaca

Offline a ghost

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 78
  • oooo
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2011, 01:53:48 pm »
I'm probably going to be bombarded with angry looks, but what is with all this hype about MLP in the furry fandom? I've already watched two episodes of them, and while I think the art style is okay and stuff, I don't understand why even the most manly of men are going absolutely gaga while I, one of the gayest people in the existence of gayness, see it as just another children's cartoon? Is there some kind of brainwashing technique that I am missing? Because it for real seems that way.
  • Flag - wallpaper
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline D

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2011, 02:02:35 pm »
ok then......I just watched an episode of MLP, at 3:18 AM and was COMPLETELY MIND BLOWN.
It was kinda like, watching the yellow submarine all over again....with better animation.....and ponies......and without the beatles or a yellow submarine. regardless, I got a strange urge to watch more now.

Yellow submarine is epic

THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT THE YELLOW SUBMARINE!
or ponies, I love both
yay

Offline Taily

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 93
    • FurAffinity - Taily
    • Awkward Paws
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2011, 02:49:40 pm »
I'm probably going to be bombarded with angry looks, but what is with all this hype about MLP in the furry fandom? I've already watched two episodes of them, and while I think the art style is okay and stuff, I don't understand why even the most manly of men are going absolutely gaga while I, one of the gayest people in the existence of gayness, see it as just another children's cartoon? Is there some kind of brainwashing technique that I am missing? Because it for real seems that way.

... Maybe it's like a reverse effect.
The manly men like it, while the gayest of the gay are repelled by it...?

Offline Sanguine

• Advocate of Male Lingerie
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 6
  • Everyone needs a tail for a pillow.
    • FurAffinity - sanguine_reyna
  • Fursona Species: Red Panda
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2011, 02:50:26 pm »
I MADE AN MLP SIG FOR ME AND BRITISH BROS ON EQUESTRIA FORUMS!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Inside this room, all of my dreams become reality, and some of my realities become dreams."

Offline Taily

• Blue Level
    • FurAffinity - Taily
    • Awkward Paws
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2011, 02:54:51 pm »
SO MUCH AMAZING FACIAL HAIR

GGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2011, 02:57:47 pm »
Though it is nice to see that this show is spreading appreciation for ungulates across the internet. But after recently watching five episodes of the show, it simply comes across as any other children's TV show. I really don't understand the appeal. I was considering giving into this current fad and...

http://www.determinismsucks.net/archive/1289025672474s.jpg

making this my avatar here because I found it funny and thoroughly support it's message. But I don't think it's really PG-13 enough for this forum and I thought I should be stronger-willed since I don't really even like the show that much.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 03:02:59 pm by Gage »
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Taily

• Blue Level
    • FurAffinity - Taily
    • Awkward Paws
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2011, 03:00:29 pm »
Though it is nice to see that this show is spreading appreciation for ungulates across the internet. But after recently watching five episodes of the show, it simply comes across as any other children's TV show. I really don't understand the appeal. I was considering giving into this current fad and...

http://www.determinismsucks.net/archive/1289025672474s.jpg

my avatar here, because I found it funny and thoroughly support it's message. But I don't think it's really PG-13 enough for this forum and I thought I should be stronger-willed since I don't really even like the show that much.

Yeah, that's a bit of a "mature" icon.
STILL HILARIOUS THOUGH C:

Offline a ghost

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 78
  • oooo
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2011, 03:12:09 pm »

... Maybe it's like a reverse effect.
The manly men like it, while the gayest of the gay are repelled by it...?
Possibly...but what about the females?  :glamourspaz:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 04:23:29 pm by Alexx »
  • Flag - wallpaper
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Hale Laocon

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 84
    • FurAffinity - halelaocon
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Germ. Shep)
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2011, 05:41:05 pm »
I love this fruity show even though I've only seen 2 episodes.
You probably just have to open your mind to its story and characters to find the appeal to it, otherwise it's essentially just a kid's show most people wouldn't bother with simply cause it's a kid's show. A little girl's show, even.
I don't even truely give the show a chance myself mostly cause it's an 'ATTACK ON MY PRIDE AS A GUY WHO DOESN'T WATCH LITTLE GIRLS' SHOWS <:I' but the essences of the show are akin to what I used to watch and enjoy (a la Powerpuff Girls and retro toons that I enjoyed)
Despite that, compared to most of the children's show I see on TV nowadays, MLP doesn't treat its target demographic like dumbasses. Faust intended to make a show that steadies a dominantly female cast not preoccupied with shit little girls shouldn't even care about like boys or THE PASSION FOR FASHION 8D, with seemingly rounded characters and a plot that's also steady (something we don't see much in Western animations). The typical formulaic 'holy shit let's end this with a lesson' thing wasn't even Faust's idea to do. It was Hasbro.
Not to mention, MLP has an admirable tendency to get shit past the radar which most kids wouldn't get but older audiences would via obscure references.
Now if you'll excuse me this whole 'probing a little girl's show' thing has made my existantialism quiver cause confound them ponies they drive me to drink <:I
also this http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/hale_laocon/HaleMLP.png cause them ponies look so damn cute and I wanted a MyLittleHomieBrony Hale but none of those little 'cutie marks' on the ass cheek cause like idk I couldn't even figure that crap out.
  • Award - Beta Tester
Message me if you wanna play the new exo zombies on xbox one :3

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Cookies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2011, 05:58:10 pm »
The cutie marks spawned from the original series, because the characters were so damn identical that the only way to tell them apart was the random little tattoo on their butts, which often had little to no bearing on their "personality".  In the process of revamping the show, and giving some character to the characters, these had to worked into the show's universe somehow, because they're an integral part of what sets MLP toys apart.  So, the backstory is that when a pony starts to discover who they really are, what their special skills/traits are, and what sets them apart from other ponies, they get a cutie mark, a magical little tattoo on their butts to show the world what makes them special.  Unfortunately, since many of the ponies' designs are left over from the original series, where the only design guidance was "OMG GIRLY SHIT!", some of them have to be a bit abstract.  Which is why the teacher-pony's mark is three smiling flowers, for example.  The ones designed by Faust & crew, like Trixie and those bully-dudes from the Sonic Rainboom episode, tend to have much more concrete cutie marks.

So, if you want to give your pony-sona a cutie mark, just think of something special about yourself, and draw it as a little butt-icon.  For example, if AK were to have a pony-sona, his cutie mark would probably be a gun, or crosshairs, or something similar :-)
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline EnriqueTSB

• Champion of Sombreros!
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 52
  • This exactly fills the limit of this text box yay!
    • FurAffinity - enriquetsb
    • Twitter - enriquetsb
  • Fursona Species: Jaguarundi
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2011, 12:01:39 am »
also this http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/hale_laocon/HaleMLP.png cause them ponies look so damn cute and I wanted a MyLittleHomieBrony Hale but none of those little 'cutie marks' on the ass cheek cause like idk I couldn't even figure that crap out.
HALE'S A BLANK FLAAAAAANK

And on a note to you NEEEEEIGH-sayers, I think a good part of its popularity across the net is that people went in expecting something horrible, and it completely blew those expectations away.  It's a good show on its own, but the guilty pleasure effect of "Oh god this is supposed to be horrible but it's so good" is probably one reason for the widespread fanbase.  And also, it's always refreshing to see good, multi-dimensional characters dealing with real-world problems in a childrens' show, and there's always that nostalgia for earlier times when you're watching cartoons.  Just a few theories for everyone wondering why the hell it's so popular.  Also, as Hale said, they throw in plenty of gags for older audiences as well.

btw, @Alexx, I really don't see the gay <=> pony link. 
  • Award - Beta Tester
"Everybody walks past a thousand story ideas every day. The good writers are the ones who see five or six of them. Most people don't see any."
--Orson Scott Card

Offline Seth

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 50
    • DeviantArt - SethMongoose
    • FurAffinity - Safaia
  • Fursona Species: Yellow Mongoose/Reindeer Hybrid
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2011, 01:24:32 am »
The more I watch, the more I like Rainbow Dash. So now my favorite pony is pretty much a tie between Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. I was gonna change to one of the Fluttershy avatars, but now I don't know what to do. ._.

Anyway, I'm quickly catching up. But I'm gonna be sad when I do catch up so I'm kinda trying to pace myself.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:34:44 am by Seth »

Offline lucien

• i sold my hands for food
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 204
  • so please feed me.
    • DeviantArt - m0rtuum
    • FurAffinity - spazzeh
    • Twitter - onlygxdforgives
  • Fursona Species: african lion
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2011, 01:53:55 am »
YOU GUYS. ON THE SUBJECT OF CUTIE MARKS.
I NEED SOME HELP.

Here is my Pony!fursona.

IDK what his cutie mark shoud be ;~~~;
I REFUSE TO KEEP IT AS THE BIRDEMIC BIRD BECAUSE LOL. WHY.

BUT YEAH. SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE NEAT.

He also doesn't have a name but I feel like asking about that would be too much lol.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline D

• Yellow Level
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2011, 03:14:22 am »
^ A T.A.R.D.I.S?

Offline Furr-E

• Oh the Huge Manatee!
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 8
  • B-E-A-UUUUUUUUUTIFULLLL!!!!!
  • Fursona Species: Albino Husky/Wolf/Wusky
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2011, 06:36:39 pm »
^ A T.A.R.D.I.S?

i second this idea :)

i love the idea of having marks that would show our traits and things like that, maybe avoid the name cutie marks however if they existed rofl
God knows what mine would be... probably a computer or something :P
What would you guys have hmmmmmmmm?
I abuse the word lol and smiley's :P :) :D ;)

Always know where your towels is....

This is more intense than that time I forgot how  to sit down...

GT : Sniper2Hyper

Offline Taily

• Blue Level
    • FurAffinity - Taily
    • Awkward Paws
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2011, 07:03:05 pm »
Mine would probably be something boring like a pencil and paper, because of my cartooning and all that.

But if I wanted to get all non-clich

Offline D

• Yellow Level
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2011, 07:56:34 pm »
Mine would most likely be the Apple logo, but then again, corporate branding and all

APPLE WILL PAY ME! THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!
PEOPLE, GET THIS CUTIE MARK THING GOING NOW!

Other ones would be a particle accelerator or a telescope

Offline AK

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 95
  • I need a fix, cos' I'm going down
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2011, 08:19:44 pm »
So, if you want to give your pony-sona a cutie mark, just think of something special about yourself, and draw it as a little butt-icon.  For example, if AK were to have a pony-sona, his cutie mark would probably be a gun, or crosshairs, or something similar :-)
Yes. If I were to have one.

>.>
Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?

Ron Paul in 2012

Offline Seth

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 50
    • DeviantArt - SethMongoose
    • FurAffinity - Safaia
  • Fursona Species: Yellow Mongoose/Reindeer Hybrid
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2011, 09:33:30 pm »
I think we all know mine would have something to do with One Piece. =p