Author Topic: Aeon Flux - "A Flux of Energy"  (Read 454 times)

Offline PsychoEm14

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 4
  • Proud to be a Scorpio!
  • Fursona Species: Fox
Aeon Flux - "A Flux of Energy"
« on: February 24, 2011, 01:39:56 pm »
In a parallel universe, where humanity has been reduced to a population of approximately 5000, Aeon Flux risks her life in order to eliminate the tyranical government.
This is the setting of Aeon Flux, a film with an obvious sci-fi theme that features very weel done special effects. Aeon, the main character, is a woman who seems to respect all the rules imposed by the totalitarian regime. No one knows her secret life, though - she is one of the Monicans, a group of rebels who are trying to overthrow the current leader.
Even though the plot is lacking in originality and has many holes - I found myself in a state of utter confusion a few times, being it either "Wait, what?" or "That doesn't make any sense." - seeing it was an enjoyable enough experience. I was down-right mesmerized by the leading actor's performance. All through-out the film, Charlize Theron kept a very imposing figure. Also, she was her own stuntman/stuntwoman.
The costumes, hairstyles, scenery and furniture were very fitting, overall, giving everything a futuristic look. In some scenes you could notice some very weird looking flowers, very lovely coloured. Now that I think about it, most of the colours were very intense, sometimes oversaturated. It created a modern, hi-tech atmosphere.
Is the dystopian world of Aeon Flux a glimpse of the future? Surely not, but we do have to be careful not to find ourselves in Aeon's place. But if that actually happens, let's all hope that the events are eons away from us.

Should I/want me to keep writing reviews? Please leave a comment with the answer to this question, along with any mistakes you find, your opinions/suggestions or if you have any questions.
When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you, and your best friend will be there.