Author Topic: Mobile Site  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Arctic_Fox

• Red Level
  • Candies: 5
  • Fursona Species: Fox
Mobile Site
« on: March 06, 2011, 10:43:38 am »
I don't always have my computer near me but I do have a touch and a smartphone but the problem is the loading times. To load the entire site takes a few min and I know a lot of websites fixed that by making a mobile version of the site ex. Facebook, twiter, etc. So is there a chance that we might see a mobile site soon??

Offline Snowy

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 21
  • My first attempt at a Avatar
    • FurAffinity - Snowy_Owl
  • Fursona Species: Bubo scandiacus
Re: Mobile Site
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:52:55 pm »
my ipod loads the normal site just fine on an internet thats slower than 3g (my school's download averages at max .2Mb/s) so hmmm
but i think they have talked about it
My Furcode Click to Decode it:
FAO3a A-- C D+ H- P R T W-- Z- Sm RLCT* a- cm++++ d? e- f- h* i++ j++ p sm-
GT: warrocks
Summoner name(LOL): Cook7v
AWWW my sig was too big :( :(

Offline Hale Laocon

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 83
    • FurAffinity - halelaocon
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Germ. Shep)
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 12:56:07 pm »
This thread should help, and I use the less-detailed mobile version of the site since I don't have internet at home or on a regular basis, but you'll find it sacrifices a lot of features of the full site for simplicity.
http://www.furryteens.org/forum/index.php?topic=8635.0
  • Award - Beta Tester
Message me if you wanna play the new exo zombies on xbox one :3

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 06:58:12 pm »
When I use my phone for this site, it runs a mobile version, which runs a lot better. There's also an option to use the "actual site" which is 100% like having it on a computer. So check for that

Offline Malakai

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
    • DeviantArt - MalakaiWox
  • Fursona Species: Wox
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 01:31:03 am »
The only things I do not like about the mobile version, is the threads(or replies) per page, and no images. I also can't find to edit my profile.  I have been experimenting with Skweezer, which removes content (CSS, XHTML (format)) But it doesn't work to well still. My phone is a crummy old Samsung from StraightTalk, though >.< . I would be delighted to see improvements in the mobile version of this site :x
we now live in the "Anthropocene"? ..Exellent!

Offline Cole

• The one with the gun.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 37
  • Icon by Sparrow
    • FurAffinity - thefraiser
  • Fursona Species: Arctic Wolf
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 04:51:58 pm »
whoa there's a mobile site? I mean, i've been using my phone almost the entire time, but i've been using the actual site so the only thing i can't do is upload pictures. I might try it out sometime, but my phone can run the real site, so i'll stick with that
I return from the dead like Lazarus... just without the wrappings and rotting flesh. Not cool.

Offline Malakai

• Red Level
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 05:32:26 pm »
Yeah. at the footer of the real site, it'll say something like 'XHTML (Linebreak) WAP2" Wap is the mobile, but you can't veiw profiles or such. As right now, I haven't a clue as to how many points/Cookies I have. It's just the basics, but I'm happy with that. Or you can try m.furryteens.org . I'm not sure, but that should work right.

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 06:12:23 pm »
At the moment, there is no "m.furryteens.org", but it's on the to-do list.  As for improving the WAP version, that isn't going to happen, for two reasons.  Number one, it's designed for the lowest-level phone browsers, which are incapable of running the full version of the site, so there really isn't much that can be added.  And number two, that's a pretty extensive modification to the site, and extensive modifications mean we can't readily apply security patches and upgrades to the forum code.

However, there will be a small-screen layout option in the works, which will be able to scale down to the size of most smartphone browsers, and it will be accessible via m.furryteens.org, as well as a layout selection tool.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Malakai

• Red Level
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 06:27:31 pm »
(To Natasha. (can't quote)) Alright, understood. Sounds great though! Skweezer is doing decent, as I have 74% of the exlclusive content removed from the page. So that and the WAP version will be fine for me :)

Offline Scix

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 5
  • Fursona Species: Horse
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 09:39:30 pm »
I usually go on FT with my droid. Not really any problems, except for some reason I can only post if I hit preview first.
Yellow level, yay!
Gamertag: Telesyntetikas
Second Life: Scix Azov
Steam: sk501