Poll

What is the best type of music in your opinion?

Classic Rock
44 (10.2%)
Rock
89 (20.6%)
Metal
75 (17.3%)
Tech
62 (14.3%)
Dubstep
48 (11.1%)
Pop
27 (6.2%)
Funk
7 (1.6%)
Jazz
23 (5.3%)
Rap
12 (2.8%)
Hip-Hop
18 (4.2%)
Latin
4 (0.9%)
Blues
9 (2.1%)
African
1 (0.2%)
Country
8 (1.8%)
Religous
6 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 190

Author Topic: What's your favorite genre of music?  (Read 35718 times)

Offline Jinx

• Insanity is just delightful...
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubt...
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: What's your favorite genre of music?
« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2013, 10:38:40 am »
So many.... Tech Death, Death Metal, Alternative Metal, Nu Metal, Grunge, Thrash Metal, Funk Rock, 90s Rap and a lot more...
Hope is the first step to disappointment...

Offline Proto

• Luckiest fox alive
  • Cookies: 230
  • This is super sweet!
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #141 on: August 31, 2013, 01:23:24 pm »
Power Metal, Death Metal, Classic Rock and Chiptunes
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
:redvelvet:  :pawheart:  :proto:
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline Tigran

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 12
  • Fursona Species: White Tiger
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2013, 02:28:20 pm »
definitely trance and hardstyle  :fox-:P:
"You are waiting for someone, someone from a half-remembered dream. Don't you want to take a leap of faith? Or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone."

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 186
Why is your favorite music genre your favorite?
« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2013, 09:10:26 pm »
My favorite genre of music is Thrash Metal because it's powerful, furious, badarse music. I love the lyrics; they can be crazy, fun and violent, or really deep and thought provoking. I love the sound; amazing, wailing guitar solos, with drums pounding faster than my heart and thundering bass. But also, Thrash Metal is my favorite because the bands have such interesting, and at times, inspiring histories. Every person from my favorite Thrash bands I always look up to and love to the death. They're like my family that I've never met. Thrash Metal is my happy music. It's my best friend. It's my salvation. It's there for me. It changed my life.
is it wrong that I cried while typing this...? ; _ ;
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 09:13:03 pm by weblacie »
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 273
Re: Why is your favorite music genre your favorite?
« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2013, 09:24:31 pm »
I don't really have a favorite genre but i do know that my favorite music genres are types where there is usually a vibe that i can feel that actually gives me some sort of feelings. It also allows me to visualize in my head the beats that i really like. It would be like if i didn't have the physical hurdles i had to cross, i would be able to make music in similar fashion to the styles i like. The music i like does inspire me and gives me a vivid image that partially runs my crazy imagination when active. it also makes me want to sing (when applicable i mean how do you sing in some electric songs?)
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Proto

• Luckiest fox alive
  • Cookies: 230
  • This is super sweet!
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2013, 11:55:53 pm »
I'd say that I love Power Metal because I can feel the POWER!! But really, everything from the guitar, which I always end up following with my air-guitar, the drums, that make me feel more alive, the bass, that keeps everything going smoothly, the keyboard, that makes me wonder how is it humanly possible to give so much tunes at the same time, to some of the less used instruments, like the violin, which makes me feel like I'm living the story from the song. Then there're the lyrics, that can tell fantastic or tragic stories, long journeys or to simply give you lessons in life, and then we got the artists, who for some reason are very charismatic and how they interact with their fans (Ok, I'm only sure that Dragonforce is like that, but there must be many other bands that are friendly with their fans)

TL;DR Power Metal makes me feel more alive than normal

BTW, Lacie, there's nothing wrong with expressing what you just wrote with tears, and now I share with you this Metal moment *epic metal hug* (Why is there no emoticon for that?)
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
:redvelvet:  :pawheart:  :proto:
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #146 on: September 08, 2013, 12:05:31 am »
I'd say that I love Power Metal because I can feel the POWER!! But really, everything from the guitar, which I always end up following with my air-guitar, the drums, that make me feel more alive, the bass, that keeps everything going smoothly, the keyboard, that makes me wonder how is it humanly possible to give so much tunes at the same time, to some of the less used instruments, like the violin, which makes me feel like I'm living the story from the song. Then there're the lyrics, that can tell fantastic or tragic stories, long journeys or to simply give you lessons in life, and then we got the artists, who for some reason are very charismatic and how they interact with their fans (Ok, I'm only sure that Dragonforce is like that, but there must be many other bands that are friendly with their fans)

TL;DR Power Metal makes me feel more alive than normal

BTW, Lacie, there's nothing wrong with expressing what you just wrote with tears, and now I share with you this Metal moment *epic metal hug* (Why is there no emoticon for that?)

I agree with your feels with Power~

-metal hugs back- \m/
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #147 on: September 08, 2013, 08:34:50 pm »
i have no favorite. when i find music that i like, its either the lyrics, the beat or usally a combo of both :3
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #148 on: September 08, 2013, 08:45:43 pm »
i have no favorite. when i find music that i like, its either the lyrics, the beat or usally a combo of both :3

Heh, I always judge by lyrics. xD

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #149 on: September 08, 2013, 08:50:42 pm »

Heh, I always judge by lyrics. xD
I usually judge by lyrics as well (unless there are none) but not by the actual ones, just the ones that i appear to hear.

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 213
« Reply #150 on: September 08, 2013, 09:42:08 pm »
It's difficult to define why I like a particular music genre. Except when feeling melancholy and writing expressively, then I will be listening to a sad song, like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y03P7zDUFxM&list=FLwScFoh96k3IRIV4pgEn63A&index=36

That track was played on repeat when I wrote The Power of Forgiveness, a true story. This is why for me, music is so strongly evocative that often I can't stop crying when writing until its very end.

Offline Cerule Vulpes

• Old oldoldoldold bleh
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 29
  • Lord I am old...
    • Science-Sexual (my tumblr)
Favorite Type Of Music?
« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2013, 12:28:43 pm »
Tell me all about your musical preferences, specifically why; It's for... science?

I can start if that'd be something yall'd like.

Orchestral/Symphonic: for when I need to study or if I'm feelin' fancy.
Punk: if I need to punch stuff, I mean really this music is all about being a bad mammajamma and it's great when you need to incite that mood.
Grunge: When I'm feeling grungy, trashy, helps me come to terms with the fact that I'm not a perfect person and I'm okay with that.
Indy: this is what I listen to during those odd times when I'm feeling happy about everything, usually spring time music.
Classic Rock: when I need to get stuff done around the house.

I'm sure there are others out there I should detail like Regge and that sort of thing but you know I can put them all in one post that'd just make too much sense.

Tell me your preferences and why you like to listen to them?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:50:17 am by Natasha Softpaw »
GENETIC ENGINEERING ahasfdjashdfglwadsjhfg

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
Re: Music?
« Reply #152 on: October 06, 2013, 12:34:41 pm »
Thrash Metal, New Wave of British Heavy Metal, Power Metal, Glam Metal, Arena Rock, Progressive Rock, Classic Rock, Art Rock, Pop Rock, Synth Pop (80's), Classical, R&B, Jazz, Classic Country, anything with real instruments in it.

All of this music gives me such good feels.

And yes. I'm a music purist. xD

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #153 on: October 06, 2013, 01:28:27 pm »
I can listen to almost any genre of music for any situation.

When I'm doing work I can listen to soft rock to punk to metal to alternative to jazz...

I'm not really of much help for this am I?

Offline Phalia Prez

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 1
    • FurAffinity - Star~gazeR
  • Fursona Species: Domestic Cat
« Reply #154 on: October 06, 2013, 08:55:28 pm »
I listen to a wide range of music.

I have a lot of upbeat songs without any lyrics at all, things like happy tunes of classical music or some upbeat electronic music. Those always cheer me up and make me want to dance when Im already happy.
Then a little bit of everything else, I listen to this because I honestly enjoy pretty much anything and its a reflection of the many influences my friends have on me. I get most of my music from them :P

Offline zspartancats

• Spartan
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 59
  • I AM A RHINO!
    • DeviantArt - zspartancats
    • FurAffinity - zspartancats
    • LiveJournal - zspartancats
  • Fursona Species: Rhino
« Reply #155 on: October 06, 2013, 10:39:45 pm »
Metal or specifically power metal. Something about the pace of this genre's music just makes me want to do something. Its may go to genre for exercising.

House is my genre to listen on a car ride. The music just makes my minds get up and move! The repetition of the music keeps my minds going and just gets me in a good mood.

Pop is purely for getting into that "feeling good" moment where nothing could rain on your parade. Its just catch music with a little cheesy after taste.

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2013, 10:40:44 pm »
I like dub step because I just feel like Im Floating on the tunes. Just beautiful. I like metal and stuff cause it gets me pumped up. Other stuff gets me relaxed and just all around chill.
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2013, 10:42:50 pm »
Electronic stuff (so i heard its called electronica O.o) because it really wants to make me move and it helps me visualize ideas

Then there are a few bands that i like that are just all over the place

Offline DWSCALNH

• Dancer. Writer. Musician.
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • People walking, it makes the world spin.
  • Fursona Species: Shark
« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2013, 12:18:05 am »
I love Dubtep and electronica/techno. It always makes me happy even if it's a dark depressing song. Honestly, I like any song with no particular favourite artist.
There are people who make things happen, people who watch things happen, and people who wonder what happened.
Sometimes, I wonder if people were an accident.

Kik: DWSCALNH

Offline vanaity

• not a member anymore
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 14
Re: Favorite Type Of Music?
« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2013, 01:51:51 pm »
i like
-dark ambient & dark ritual ambient
-harsh noise.
-drone metal
-funeral doom.