Author Topic: Terraria  (Read 5298 times)

Offline zspartancats

• Spartan
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 59
  • I AM A RHINO!
    • DeviantArt - zspartancats
    • FurAffinity - zspartancats
    • LiveJournal - zspartancats
  • Fursona Species: Rhino
Re: Terraria
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 07:12:16 pm »
I just bought it, its like the thrill of playing Minecraft for the first time.

You have no idea what to do and its all just crazy fun.

Offline Scix

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Fursona Species: Horse
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 11:27:36 pm »
I love it. I've been playing for about 2 weeks, and have full aqadmantium armor, and most of the high-end ranged weapons.

Good memories:
I remember on my friends server, the first time we managed to beat the eye of ctulhu with our gold weapons. That was one of the best fights I've had in the game. The arena we made for it has coated in gravestones. Now, we farm the wall of flesh alone to get its weapons. I think it gets better the further you get, but eventually, you think back and miss the fights you had.

Bad memories:
Hardmode becomes a bit tedious, especially with pixies flying around with that awful noise.

I still think I like it better than minecraft, mostly for the graphics, and the massive amounts of items. Things have shape in this game, not only blocks making everything.
Yellow level, yay!
Gamertag: Telesyntetikas
Second Life: Scix Azov
Steam: sk501

Offline EclipsetheWolf

• FT's resident geek!
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 19
  • Fursuit SOON!
  • Fursona Species: Main: wolf
Terraria
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2014, 07:29:57 am »
I was wondering since i stopped playing this game because none of my friends have it, if some of us could get together and start a server.
I havent played since before the hardmode thing so i might be a total noob after the first three bosses  :fox-:P:

i think i might have made a server... its dedicated but i want someone to test it out
i have the ip, but for safety reasons pm me on steam of FT for it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 07:39:56 am by Eclipsethewolf »

FCWf3a A C- D+++ H+ M? P++ R T++ W- Z- Sm RLCT a- cn++++ d+ e- f+ h* i++ j p+ sm

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 109
  • Boop
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2014, 07:35:01 am »
... Darn it... Right after my gaming time is up... If only you posted sooner I would've joined you

Offline EclipsetheWolf

• FT's resident geek!
  • Yellow Level
  • Fursuit SOON!
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2014, 07:43:46 am »
its ok if the server actually works (bacause it almost never works with my friends) then you can just join anytime

FCWf3a A C- D+++ H+ M? P++ R T++ W- Z- Sm RLCT a- cn++++ d+ e- f+ h* i++ j p+ sm

Offline EclipsetheWolf

• FT's resident geek!
  • Yellow Level
  • Fursuit SOON!
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2014, 07:55:15 am »
some issues have arisen and it is not dedicated so if you want to play message me on something like steam or here and i can start it up

Offline Ashton Snowpaw

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 15
  • P-play with m-me? p-please?
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2014, 10:20:46 am »
I will use a new character for your server, and together, we shall slay any opposition!
Remember, "People are not against you, they are for themselves" - unknown

Offline EclipsetheWolf

• FT's resident geek!
  • Yellow Level
  • Fursuit SOON!
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2014, 10:27:59 pm »
Soo... Yeah the server didn't work out, me and shards tried it but it ended up flopping because I couldn't port forward and we just had some fun times on his server.

Offline Raccoaster

• A second-hand goods enthusiast
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 72
  • Raccoaster is kill
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2014, 04:40:49 pm »
Anybody excited for update 1.3? I can hardly contain myself.
Coaster element of the forever :p

Skyrush's stengel dive! The most intense element I have ever experienced that combines unbelievable laterals with thigh crushing airtime. Insane is an understatement.
RIDE POV LINK(Element at 0:41)

Offline Spooky Azkre

• Work in Progress
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 254
  • Legend
    • DeviantArt - Afrodens
    • Main Site
  • Fursona Species: 'Kitsune'
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2014, 05:52:02 pm »

I had no idea that another update was coming so soon!
I've hardly even tried to find all the spoilers, but it looks awesome!

I'm glad I decided to wait till the next update before starting a series on the game. :fox-;):
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: They/She/He

Main site --> http://azkre.tumblr.com/

Offline Raccoaster

• Blue Level
  • Raccoaster is kill
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2014, 09:12:55 pm »
Make it a multiplayer series  :fox-;):

Skyrush's stengel dive! The most intense element I have ever experienced that combines unbelievable laterals with thigh crushing airtime. Insane is an understatement.

Offline Raccoaster

• Blue Level
  • Raccoaster is kill
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2015, 12:57:25 am »
Sorry for bumping this thread but....

TERRARIA 1.3 IS OUT!

The biggest update yet, nearly doubling content, completely free is you have purchased Terraria at any point. These devs are friggin amazing. Cannot thank them enough. I highly recommend you guys check this game out.

Offline Eriadam

• The Scarfed One
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 245
  • Tell me if you need help. I am always there for ya
  • Fursona Species: Light-Blue Wolf
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2015, 03:07:56 am »
I love Terraria 1.3! Me and Assan are currently playing it, exploring what's new! I think that if more people would want to, we could play in bigger group from time to time, if people are up for it  :fox-:):

''And if you can’t see anything beautiful about yourself
Get a better mirror
Look a little closer, Stare a little longer
Because there’s something inside you, that made you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit''

Offline Spooky Azkre

• Work in Progress
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 254
  • Legend
    • DeviantArt - Afrodens
    • Main Site
  • Fursona Species: 'Kitsune'
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2015, 09:10:48 am »
Either I totally forgot about this thread or never knew about it...

Anyways, 1.3 is amazing, and I'm glad I started playing this game again, I forgot how fun it was; I don't think I've played since, like August...
I might be interested in joining that group if we are serious about it, especially now that multiplayer is so easy to do now-- wait, are servers still limited to 4 players?
At any rate, I started a series with Tod; having a lot of fun, but it's hard to keep from playing Terraria off camera-- I don't want to get any achievements while not recording~
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: They/She/He

Main site --> http://azkre.tumblr.com/

Offline Eriadam

• The Scarfed One
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 245
  • Tell me if you need help. I am always there for ya
  • Fursona Species: Light-Blue Wolf
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2015, 12:15:33 pm »
Either I totally forgot about this thread or never knew about it...

Anyways, 1.3 is amazing, and I'm glad I started playing this game again, I forgot how fun it was; I don't think I've played since, like August...
I might be interested in joining that group if we are serious about it, especially now that multiplayer is so easy to do now-- wait, are servers still limited to 4 players?
At any rate, I started a series with Tod; having a lot of fun, but it's hard to keep from playing Terraria off camera-- I don't want to get any achievements while not recording~

If you wanna you can play with us - We play whenever everyone is up, and we just do what we want - progressing through the game progress. We can also start everything from scratch, since Tabasco may be joining too. Just contact me if you wanna play  :fox-:):

''And if you can’t see anything beautiful about yourself
Get a better mirror
Look a little closer, Stare a little longer
Because there’s something inside you, that made you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit''

Offline Ngm1998

• *Slams face on table*
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 51
  • IM BACK BB
    • DeviantArt - ngm1998
    • FurAffinity - mewlover187
  • Fursona Species: Shiny mew
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2015, 04:58:37 am »
I would like to join as well if thats ok if you are all starting fresh ^^ Maybe trying out the new expert mode?
  • Pronouns: Her/She/Hers
MEWS, MEWS EVERYWHERE!

IM AN ENIGMA!!!

Trans pride~ <3

Offline Paz

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 81
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2015, 10:20:57 pm »
I play on xbl and I have it on steam.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
You ever wonder why we're here?

Offline Raccoaster

• Blue Level
  • Raccoaster is kill
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2015, 02:22:28 am »
As I'm getting through this new patch I have learned one new thing, Medusas can go burn in the fiery pits of the underworld. Every Time I'm going down my helevador one comes and turns me to stone. Couple seconds later I die of fall damage and try not to flip the table. EVERY DANG TIME. They really need to nerf that mob so there is at least some way to dodge or block it. Seriously getting on my nerves.

Offline Cadmus

• if life ain't just a joke...
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 154
  • ...then why am I laughing?
  • Fursona Species: angel dragon
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2015, 01:57:41 pm »
for the whole ''minecraft did it first'' argument, yes it did.

but minecraft is more focused on building and creativity, while terraria is more geared towards being about dungeoncrawling and bosses.

both are great games, but I prefer terraria.
  • Pronouns: her, hers, she etc
icon is by awkward rage
pondering if it's safe to eat the pringles since 2000

chibis by nagi

Offline The not scary Dave

• INFP Personality~
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 64
  • [icon by a friend named Shaidz on dA]
    • DeviantArt - Adadave
    • Twitter - @AdadaveE
  • Fursona Species: A Fox with a werid mind
Terraria Help:
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2017, 05:16:39 pm »
I got this game gifted to me back in like... December and didn't open it up until a couple weeks ago. I understand I'm late on getting this game since I remember seeing someone playing back when I was in 7th grade nearly 4 years ago.

I've been watching some videos on it and I did watch a tutorial guide although after a while I got lost because the guy was suddenly with other people and then fighting weird body part monster bosses like eye of Cuthulu and all (honestly... it makes me laugh)

I did have one character and a world where I was lost and not really knowing what happened. Then I joined with a friend who basically threw a bunch of armour and materials at me and well... he's surprised I wasn't liking playing with him because I was just lost and suddenly we're fighting bosses when I was dying a lot.

I started a new world and character that's just blank and no one really is gonna be in that world or see that character since I want to kinda learn better since I was confused. I was liking building houses (much like minecraft I was more of a builder than interested in bosses or OP armor)

But I guess I'm still confused. I've seen all these items and I have a hard time keeping track of what I can and can't make or what things do really. I know there's things with NPC's which i think is cool and was thinking I'd make a village of sorts XD I just don't know how to attract them or make them spawn besides the initial guide. Because I guess I'm so late to getting on this game I don't know many people I can play along and discover with since it seems people would rather throw items at me and such than playing along and working to find those items. I remember with minecraft I was playing it with friends who were also new to it and we all learned together...

The friend I played with seemed more interested in fighting bosses and mining than doing anything else and I think he's frustrated I didn't want to play with him yesturday but I really wasn't in the mood and not enjoying the game at the time...

Anyways Main questions:

what are some tips for building?
how do you attract NPC's?
What type of armors can you make?  I doubt platinum is the highest it goes.
Where can I Find guides to make all the items everywhere less confusing?
Any tips for managing inventory? I feel like I forget things in chests and because I don't know what I need to make I have to put everything in my inventory to figure it out. Problem is I can't fit everything in there eventually...
I've seen there's servers but I feel like with terraria this wouldn't work? It feels more like a game built for a few people or even more single player...

thanks.
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - homoflexible
  • Pronouns: He/His/Him They/them

Reality is the things that, no matter how hard you try, won't cease to exist.
Plz don't be werid XP -> http://www.thiscrush.com/~adadave