Author Topic: Signature Size Limits  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Cookies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Re: Signature Size Limits
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 06:03:10 pm »
We don't have a set maximum because, as pointed out above, everyone has a different idea of what's an acceptable size.  And, if we say a number, people will panic and assume it's a hard-set limit, when it's just a guideline.  For example, if we say that our guideline is 250px, people will panic if someone has a sig image that's 251px.

And, even if we did, we couldn't enforce it using the character limit, because the displayed size of a signature is in no way related to the number of characters in it.  For example, my signature is almost a thousand characters, yet it's only seven lines tall.  On the other side of the coin, it only takes about 20-30 characters to insert a Giant Image of Doom.

We're currently in the process of discussing this, and any changes to current policies will be posted in this thread.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Fvzzball

• Take THAT Darwin! Natural selection doesn't win today!!
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 16
  • Never be afraid
Re: Signature Size Limits
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 10:18:20 am »
Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit. Please remove the 1200 character limit.  Please remove the 1200 character limit.

*Note: the above is exactly 1200 characters so yes a signature size limit is needed.*