Author Topic: Acceptable Conduct, And An Apology  (Read 805 times)

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Acceptable Conduct, And An Apology
« on: June 10, 2011, 09:55:55 pm »
Recently, there've been concerns regarding the general conduct of some forum members, including high-ranking members of the site's staff team.  The exact details are irrelevant, but unfortunately, it was brought to my attention that these concerns are not entirely unfounded.  A recent off-site incident made this abundantly clear.

I wanted to offer an apology to anyone who's felt unwelcome or unwanted here, because that's exactly the opposite of FT's mission.  We're like a furry school; everyone is welcome here, so long as they're willing to learn and grow as both a person and as a member of the furry community.  To that end, we have a pretty rigorous staff screening process, but we all have real lives beyond FT, and as is common with human nature, we're emotional beings succeptible to frustration and burn-out.  However, staff here are held to a higher standard of conduct, much like teachers in a school, so we have to handle those emotions in a mature manner.

If you don't know what this is in reference to, it's not important, you didn't miss anything.  If you did witness the incident to which this post refers, please note that all parties involved have been disciplined appropriately, and such behaviour will not be tolerated.  If you have any questions or concerns regarding these sorts of issues, please direct them to Hale or myself, we'll be happy to discuss anything you'd like to talk about, although details of disciplinary actions against other members are always strictly confidential.

Lastly, if you've felt unwelcome, unwanted, or bullied in any way during your time on FT, even if it was something that happened off-site, we'd like to know about it so we can try to make it right somehow.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3