• ◕‿‿◕
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 8
  • No boost
    • Twitter - RymdSegel
  • Fursona Species: Feline
DiRT 3
« on: August 04, 2011, 05:01:07 pm »
Well, I was kinda excited about this game, after that worthless DiRT2 I really hoped that Codemasters would bring back a REAL rally game like the Colin Mac Rae 2005 or something similar with some good physics. Or at least better than DiRT2...

They did it better than DiRT2, much better.
The feeling in this game is far more exciting and there is actually some really sweet things, like when you hit something and spin, it's not just to get it in the right direction and then drive away, like it was in DiRT2. No, when you crash, spin or whatever, you really do it, you can't do much to stop it, and the screen gets all blurry so you can't really see where you're going. I like that, it makes it more real. I also like that they brought back the snow tracks :D AND they got all the fun cars from the 90's and 80's.

Of course since this game seems to be a game that Ken Block been a part of it has these stupid Raid, Rally Cross etc. events but the gymkhana is kind of OK, and I can see why they put all those events in the game but WHY ARE THE LIKE THE MOST IMPORTANT!?! IT'S A FRIKKIN' RALLY GAME! And the pacenotes, they are worthless, they are only in good use in hairpins and such things but GOD they're bad D:
Another negative point is that the grip is really strange, on tarmac it's okay but man, on snow it's like driving on gravel or something like that, HAVE YOU EVER DRIVEN ON SNOW, BLOCK??

Oh, kind of forgot about the graphics, they are nice, the cars are an a good average but you can spot flaws on them sometimes, and the surrounding is very good, I mean, if you drive you don't look at is much but you still notice it and I think it looks good enough.

To sum up, I like this game a bit, it's still too arcade-like to be my type of game but it offers me at the same time a pretty nice challenge.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:06:38 pm by RymdSegel »
Sometimes the fake can be more real than the real.

Offline Sleek

• MoonMoon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 119
  • Gonna Get The Thing
    • DeviantArt - SleekHusky
    • FurAffinity - Sleek34
    • Twitter - SleekHusky
    • Weasyl - SleekHusky
  • Fursona Species: Huskeh
Re: DiRT 3
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 05:07:24 pm »
Plus all the DLC pretty much costs as much as the game.
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/They/Them/Their
I try to manage some semi-official gaming events for this forum.
Twitch.tv livestreamer here
FT's Twitch Channel here

Offline RymdSegel

• ◕‿‿◕
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 8
  • No boost
    • Twitter - RymdSegel
  • Fursona Species: Feline
Re: DiRT 3
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 05:09:58 pm »
It does?
I haven't checked that really but that sucks :(

Ah, remembered one more thing, get a proper steering wheel (forcefeedback!) if you get this game, it's almost impossible to go fast the a keyboard, you'll just waste hours of practice.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:12:29 pm by RymdSegel »
Sometimes the fake can be more real than the real.