Author Topic: My schools dress code. WARNING  (Read 4313 times)

Offline Larsen

• You could be next
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 21
  • I Want Crazy
    • DeviantArt - AnimalLarsen
    • Twitter - @musleh_yusef
  • Fursona Species: dog/wolf
My schools dress code. WARNING
« on: August 10, 2011, 09:08:34 pm »
this is my PUBLIC schools dress code. oh and I live in louisiana and I am a junior in high school

1. you must wear a solid  navy blue or white collar shirt AND IT MUST BE TUCKED IN AT ALL TIMES, if you are cought with it untucked you get a detention, i wish i was kidding
2. Must wear a solid color belt
3. you must wear khaki shorts or pants
4. must have white socks on, no other colors allowed
5. boys can not have hair that goes below the eyebrows, and we cant have earings.
and the list goes on and on.....

and teachers have to wright you up if you break any dress codes, i swear my first hour teacher has eyes like a hawk.

oh and no cell phones are allowed, if you are caught with it teachers take it away from you and you can't get it back till the next day
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:29:00 pm by LoveITorLeaveIT »
#Ifeelpretty

Offline zspartancats

• Spartan
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 59
  • I AM A RHINO!
    • DeviantArt - zspartancats
    • FurAffinity - zspartancats
    • LiveJournal - zspartancats
  • Fursona Species: Rhino
Re: My schools dress code. WARNING
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 09:43:18 pm »
Ouch.

That is a strict dress code.  Dress code aren't that bad if you think about it. It stops that stupid, your not cool if you don't wear name brand clothing crap. 

Based on my School's JROTC program, the school had lower write ups on uniform day. People always got into less trouble on uniform day.

I can understand why people hate uniforms but they do more good than harm.

Offline bishop14

• MVP
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Fursona Species: Siberian Husky, Wolf
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 09:53:40 pm »
ok dont wanna seem like im trying to 1up u but....
Mine is
1.White button-up dress shirt
2. Green (yes verrry green) dress pants
3. Black belt
4.Argyle socks
5. Brown dress shoes
6. and if that wasnt enough, a green tie with white stripes
....EVERY...SINGLE ...DAY... :evil:
Leave it all on the basketball court in practice and performance with no regrets, because you never want to look back and think of what could have been.....

Offline Lowen

• Red Level
  • Fursona Species: American Badger
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 10:03:17 pm »
Ouch, man.
So glad my schools dress code is just common since...

Offline Trystero

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 38
    • FurAffinity - trystero
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Belgian Shepherd)
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 10:37:17 pm »
Our dress code is also somewhat strict
1. Black dress shoes
2. Black socks
3. Grey pants
4. Black (no brown, white, etc) belt
5. White Oxford shirt
6. Red school tie
7. Dark blue blazer
Not having one of these articles results in an immediate detention. How lovely.  :sad-fox:

Offline Nick

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 10
  • Take everything one step at a time
    • DeviantArt - nickrocks3636
    • FurAffinity - nickrocks3636
    • My Blog in South Korea
  • Fursona Species: Grey Wolf
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 11:46:59 pm »
ouch sounds like it sucks. At least my school as common sence. This is out dress code direct from the student handbook.

Shirts/blouses/tops must meet the top of the pants. If skin is
exposed between the top and pants, this is not appropriate.
Feel free to message me anytime. I'm here for everyone

Offline Roofus

• Resident Grumpy Old Fur
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 86
  • Whatupwidat?
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 12:08:45 am »
Speaking as someone who was schooled in a country where everyone wears a uniform I just a had a wee bit of a schadenfreudegasm reading these.

*gets a flashback of a teacher yelling "Jones, tuck your shirt in!" - the key is to roll it up so it looks like it's tucked in...*

Offline Larsen

• You could be next
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 21
  • I Want Crazy
    • DeviantArt - AnimalLarsen
    • Twitter - @musleh_yusef
  • Fursona Species: dog/wolf
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 12:44:26 am »
yeah most people roll up their shirts, or people buy really small shirts so it looks like it's tucked in.
#Ifeelpretty

Offline Zackspeedling

• The 4th Survivor
  • Orange Level
  • The Death cannont die...
  • Fursona Species: polar bear
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 03:00:58 am »
I remember when I was a sophomoric in HS they almost put a dress code on us. I went home and told my mom I may be getting a lot of dentitions/suspended and when she asked why I told her they might put a dress code on us and I was not going to follow. She just laughed

If the school ever did put one on where i used to go I would NOT follow it. Dress codes are a schools way of trying to suppress your individuality and do not support it.

Offline SmirGel

• Scott "The Biker Kid" Taylor
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 41
  • METAL means music and image, truth and freedom
    • FurAffinity - daa123
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 04:05:28 am »
Finnish school dress code = do not wear anything that insults teachers or students. that's all have fun :D

Offline Tyla

• Green Level
  • Candies: 23
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 05:01:37 am »
I was lucky. They didn't really bother with me. I typically had one of the button undone on my shirt and never had a jumper on, which was only talked about later. Mainly by the dickish teachers. I ended up cutting off the buttons when they got too strict, but hey, it worked! And my mum had already proclaimed she's not paying for their absurdly overpriced uniforms.

Offline scipio austra

• Red Level
  • Candies: 5
    • FurAffinity - www.furaffinity.net/user/scipioaustra/
  • Fursona Species: husky
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 07:39:54 am »

this is my PUBLIC schools dress code. oh and I live in louisiana and I am a junior in high school

1. you must wear a solid  navy blue or white collar shirt AND IT MUST BE TUCKED IN AT ALL TIMES, if you are cought with it untucked you get a detention, i wish i was kidding
2. Must wear a solid color belt
3. you must wear khaki shorts or pants
4. must have white socks on, no other colors allowed
5. boys can not have hair that goes below the eyebrows, and we cant have earings.
and the list goes on and on.....

and teachers have to wright you up if you break any dress codes, i swear my first hour teacher has eyes like a hawk.

That's pretty bad for a public school

We have a pretty decent winter uniform, grey pants white shirt and blue and black diagonal stripped tie blue blazer and boater
the summer uniform sucks though khaki shirt and khaki shorts, that can't have elastic, they have to have these useless adjusters that make no difference. we have knee high khaki socks and we only have blazer free days when it gets over 40
"When you enjoy something, you must never let logic get too much in the way. Like the villains in all the James Bond movies. Whenever Bond breaks into the complex: 'Ah, Mr. Bond, welcome, come in. Let me show you my entire evil plan and then put you in a death machine that doesn't work'."
-- Jerry Seinfeld, "Sein Language"

まいにち ふわふわ こむぎの ゆうわく。

Offline Chrys

• (future) Eccentric
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 9
    • DeviantArt - Ki-wolf
    • FurAffinity - four-leafclover
  • Fursona Species: Masked Palm Civet X Jungle Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 07:43:14 am »
We have uniforms of insane strictness, you even have to buy things from a particular store or they're not right
For winter:
-Charcoal blazer, embroidered with school crest
-White shirt; pointed collar, button sleeves (no cuff links), tucked in o'course
-Black, red and green striped tie
-Woolen jumper; green for yrs 11 &12, red for 9 & 10
-Green and red tartan skirt, I go to a girls school, no trousers :(
-knee high black sock OR black tights (can't wear both)
-Black T-bar shoes
-One piercing in each earlobe is permitted but you can only wear small silver or gold studs
-No other jewelry, unless it is for religious purposed but it can't be visible
-No make-up, no nail polish, no unnatural hair-dye etc.
-Probably more but I can't be bothered
And we have a whole different one for summer!
My current (public) school is tame compared to my old (catholic) one, I shiver just thinking about it. My brother's school have standardised hair-styles, as well as belts and a few other things, they have to wear shorts in term 1 & 4; rain, hail or shine.
Sorry, I don't get to complain about uniforms much, everyone suffers them down here
Hopefully the above post made sense...

Artings!~http://www.furaffinity.net/user/four-leafclover/

Offline Roofus

• Blue Level
  • Whatupwidat?
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 09:17:50 am »
Dress codes are a schools way of trying to suppress your individuality and do not support it.

It's not to do with that, at least it isn't over here; it's to make every student the same to avoid poorer kids having the piss ripped out of them for not wearing fashionable stuff.

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 06:06:44 pm »
I've just recently left secondary school and will be starting college later this year. While in primary, the dress code was:

*Vest
*Shirt
*Jumper
*Pants
*Sand Shoes

In secondary school, the dress code was:

*Shirt (tucked in)
*Tie
*Jumper
*Blazer
*Pants
*black shoes

When I go to college, I will no longer have to adhere to a strict dress code except for having to wear boots when working with basic livestock and laboratory coat when working with exotics. Of course, I'll be going to an animal welfare college. I really can't wait to go.

Dress codes are a schools way of trying to suppress your individuality and do not support it.

It's not to do with that, at least it isn't over here; it's to make every student the same to avoid poorer kids having the piss ripped out of them for not wearing fashionable stuff.
The ironic part being that uniforms cost a fucking fortune, themselves. Or at least they do over here. Besides, cliques will still form for other superficial things like; possessions, interests, technology, mannerisms, etc. They're an inevitable part of Human nature. School uniforms seem like an attempt to suppress part of that and teach children that in order to get along everyone must conform to the same standards. I think it makes more sense to teach them head on to accept other fashions and appearances instead of magically expecting the problem to go away by  forcing everybody to dress the same way. The only valid argument I think there is for School uniforms is the fact that they increase security and safety.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 06:21:33 pm by Gage »
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Minimoose1441

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 18
  • *Insert snappy comeback here*
    • DeviantArt - minimoose1441
    • FurAffinity - Minimoose1441
    • SoFurry Account
  • Fursona Species: Red Wolf
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 06:29:38 pm »
I used to have to wear a uniform back in England. Im allmost sure all schools there do. Once I moved to Canada, my school didnt require anything and it was a nice change. Honnestly, I dont think it was that much of a change itself. It was nice to not have to get a shirt and tie on every morning, but as said, you now needed to get brand name stuff that looked good, not so much in earlier grades, but in the later ones.
  • Site Donor

The best website ever.

Offline bishop14

• MVP
  • Red Level
  • Fursona Species: Siberian Husky, Wolf
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 06:35:32 pm »
I used to have to wear a uniform back in England. Im allmost sure all schools there do. Once I moved to Canada, my school didnt require anything and it was a nice change. Honnestly, I dont think it was that much of a change itself. It was nice to not have to get a shirt and tie on every morning, but as said, you now needed to get brand name stuff that looked good, not so much in earlier grades, but in the later ones.
idk id kill to not have a uniform, the thing tat bothers me the most is i always have to bring a change of clothes for basketball practice (or lifting&conditioning in off season((what off season??(((ignore that instide joke))))) )and that really pisses me off
Leave it all on the basketball court in practice and performance with no regrets, because you never want to look back and think of what could have been.....

Offline Orpheus

• Physically im 18. Mentally, thats another question...
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 44
  • Tacky, yet delightfully refined.
    • FurAffinity - orpheusfox
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 10:21:10 pm »
We dont have a uniform at my school. If we did, there would be hell to pay. I like wearing my cargo shorts, T-shirt, and keychain with a glowstick on it.

Its funny, they actually called me up to the office and tried mo make me remove the glowstick from my keychain, because it symbolizes a "raver" and raving is bad. right? I started to laugh, simply told them no, and said i enjoy my activity. (Note, i do not do the "extracurricular" activities commonly associated with raving.)
    Honor, Courage, Commitment.  

Offline Roofus

• Blue Level
  • Whatupwidat?
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 12:13:07 am »

(Note, i do not do the "extracurricular" activities commonly associated with raving.)

Then you're the only one...I've only ever been to a rave sober/straight once - dullest night of my life :D

But err...yeah. Don't do drugs kids. They're not cool and they make you puke and sleep with skanks....

Offline Spade Blackcat

• The man who arranges the blocks.
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 0
    • FurAffinity - TheMagicNipples
  • Fursona Species: Cat
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 04:04:14 am »

5. boys can not have hair that goes below the eyebrows

My hair goes down to my shoulders... I don't think I can enroll there. :alexxwhatadrag: