Author Topic: My schools dress code. WARNING  (Read 4565 times)

Offline moosemouse

• Brofessional
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 24
    • FurAffinity - moosemouse
  • Fursona Species: Silver fox
Re: My schools dress code. WARNING
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 10:59:41 pm »
Wow. I think your administration board needs to have a nice slap to the face waiting in its incoming mailbox for each of its members.

Seriously. My school dress code is basically wear what you want, granted you dress enough to the point where you don't look like you're selling your body in the locker rooms. We've had some people dress strangely, such as wearing a banana costume to school, and my friend went to school in drag, but your school has some definite issues with their administration.
[placeholder]

Offline Zackspeedling

• The 4th Survivor
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • The Death cannont die...
  • Fursona Species: polar bear
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2011, 02:20:47 am »
Dress codes are a schools way of trying to suppress your individuality and do not support it.

It's not to do with that, at least it isn't over here; it's to make every student the same to avoid poorer kids having the piss ripped out of them for not wearing fashionable stuff.
I cant even remember the last time I hear of someone getting bullied for not having "fashionable stuff".Hell when I was in school I had a video game shirt on every day. To me its just the schools way of trying to control every kid in the building and I laugh at them for doing so. Also uniforms cast a buttfuck let me know how many parents refuse to pay for them that should be a good laugh to read the schools response.

Offline nope

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 6
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2011, 06:05:38 am »
I feel so lucky. The only dress code I have at my school is you cant wear tank tops, hats, open toed shoes, and your pants lower than your but (there was a weird fad).

5. boys can not have hair that goes below the eyebrows

Remind me not to enroll in your school.

Offline Daniel A. Skirtandzy

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 162
    • FurAffinity - Skirtandzy1
    • LiveJournal - Skirtandzy
    • Twitter - Skirtandzy
  • Fursona Species: Domestic Cat
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2011, 08:50:14 am »
Dress codes are a schools way of trying to suppress your individuality and do not support it.

It's not to do with that, at least it isn't over here; it's to make every student the same to avoid poorer kids having the piss ripped out of them for not wearing fashionable stuff.
I cant even remember the last time I hear of someone getting bullied for not having "fashionable stuff".Hell when I was in school I had a video game shirt on every day. To me its just the schools way of trying to control every kid in the building and I laugh at them for doing so. Also uniforms cast a buttfuck let me know how many parents refuse to pay for them that should be a good laugh to read the schools response.

I'm going to have to side with Roofus on this one. While it is generally not a knock down-drag out brawl over something like fashion, there is still plenty of behind the scenes harrassment because of clothing choice. The one school I was at, if your outfit was not all name brand and expensive, you were seen as a lesser being to a large portion of the student body.
  • Flag - lawyer
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor

Offline Kelly

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 16
  • Fursona Species: husky
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2011, 12:39:42 pm »
We had a dress code, but I hated it. I understand the logic behind it, but it's too cold here for me to wear a thin uniform in the winter (and too hot in the summer), so I rebelled against it. Didn't go well; they gave me no honors at graduation and some people were irritated, but I felt I needed adequate clothing. The code is a lot worse now; I feel bad for the students.
Watch "Missing Lynx"

Offline Stail

• The official FT smart-ass
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 1
  • Yes. Quite.
  • Fursona Species: Arctic Wolf
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 03:46:26 pm »
Finnish school dress code = do not wear anything that insults teachers or students. that's all have fun :D

Where do you live? I live in Finland, and the dress code is: wear anything you want. That's it.
If I make a bad joke,remember to laugh sarcastically so that I may do the same.

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 594
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 04:49:00 pm »
Its funny, they actually called me up to the office and tried mo make me remove the glowstick from my keychain, because it symbolizes a "raver" and raving is bad. right? I started to laugh, simply told them no, and said i enjoy my activity. (Note, i do not do the "extracurricular" activities commonly associated with raving.)

Hahaha, my friend got sent to the office for wearing kandi. But I got away with it (see below)

Having dress codes for PUBLIC school is so weird to me.
Looking at these posts, apparently my high school was really lax. Obviously you couldn't come to school wearing booty shorts or shirtless, but really most of the rules we DID have weren't even enforced. Like, tank tops had to have a strap width of three fingers...nott that enforced.

It was also a matter of whether the administration liked you xD Girls who wore skimpy outfits every day were more likely to get called out on it, while the few times I wore something ~revealing~, nobody seemed to care. As a matter of fact, the hall monitor (she's the person in charge of dress codes, for the most part) loved my outfits, thus I could get away with my mass amounts of kandi, fluffy legwarmers, and the occassional glowstick ;D
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Gribz

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 8
    • FurAffinity - Gribz
  • Fursona Species: Black Panther
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 07:04:23 pm »
It must suck having a dress code like that. luckly for me, were i go, you can wear just about anything you want. within reason that is, so nothing too skimpy or offensive or whatever, and you can't have your face covered (like with a mask or something) for security reasons. I've never experianced any harassment for clothing, but i go to a pretty accepting school.
If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat them as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming.

We're not retreating, we're advancing in a different direction!

Offline N-Dash-A

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 10
  • (>o.o)> - <(o.o<) - (>o.o)> - <(o.o<)  Dancing.
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2011, 08:08:54 pm »
If it were me....I would hightail it out of there..

Offline Shade DaWolf

• Personality Cocktail
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 37
    • FurAffinity - Shade DaWolf
  • Fursona Species: Grey Wolf
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 03:52:18 pm »
I remember my elementry school dress code.

Boys:
Navy/ black vest
White full sleeved dress shirt
Navy/black dress pants
Black belt
Black Dress shoes
A neutral color tie

Girls:
White blouse
Navy knee-length skirt
White panties
A navy bow

I remember I was the only one who wore black in my class

Offline Roofus

• Resident Grumpy Old Fur
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 86
  • Whatupwidat?
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 10:16:26 pm »
Why must it suck wearing a uniform!?!

I do not understand this fear of blazers and ties. I wore them for nearly 12 years and I never once found myself thinking "know what, this school would be better if I could wear my Less Than Jake shirt".

School sucks no matter what you're wearing, at least with a uniform you're ALL equals - you ALL look like dicks!

Equality rules :D

Offline Sergsune

• queer af
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 19
  • *yaasssing intensifies*
    • FurAffinity - Sergsune
    • Weasyl - Sergsune
  • Fursona Species: Sergsune (Sergal/Kitsune Hybrid)
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2016, 12:58:16 pm »
I remember my elementry school dress code.

Boys:
Navy/ black vest
White full sleeved dress shirt
Navy/black dress pants
Black belt
Black Dress shoes
A neutral color tie

Girls:
White blouse
Navy knee-length skirt
White panties
A navy bow

I remember I was the only one who wore black in my class

How would they be able to enforce the underwear rule?

My school is pretty much wear what you want unless its offensive or super skimpy.

EDIT: also that necropost, woops 0.0
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - agender
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Pansexual  |  Agender
Mah art thread

ahuhuhuhuhu~

Offline Corbin G. Shep

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 11
  • When life gives you lemons, DON'T MAKE LEMONADE
    • FurAffinity - MCtrade
    • Twitter - Corbingshep
  • Fursona Species: Arctic Wolf
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2016, 01:03:46 pm »
Very strict. I go to a public school so dress codes are usually loose.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Dex

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 4
    • DeviantArt - Asterously
  • Fursona Species: Long-Eared Jerboa
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2016, 01:56:46 pm »
Yikes! My school just had the skirts/shorts had to be so long and no tank tops or spaghetti straps...and we had people complaining about that!
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pronouns: He/She/Them/It -- No preference

Offline Adrian the Goat

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 37
  • Fursona Species: Goat
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2016, 11:03:17 pm »
I understand why the dress code is so strict. As unnecessary as it may seem to you, it's actually making you a better person and student. A lot of it probably has to deal with making everynr from and preventing people from wearing distracting outfits. Believe it or not, the way someone looks can greatly effect your attention and turn your focus away from the lesson. Equality is also very important because the typical high school cliques often identify with a certain style which can lead to wars between the students. Clothes can also be a social and economic status symbol which can lead to a further divide in the student body and, in some way, to cause bullying. I see it as a way for them to prevent people from showing too much as well. I see young women wear extremely short shorts all the time. It honestly disgusts me because it's so intentionally provocative to some people. However, not all young women wear such free clothes for the entent of arousel, but a lot of teenagers just don't know how to handle it. Several people lack self-control and the respect to refrain from gawking. Seeing that much of someone can lock them on a young woman in a perverted way. It's to keep the young women safe from those who don't have control as well.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Vesper

• It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits :]
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 17
  • I'm almost afraid of the man I've grown into
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2016, 05:34:33 pm »
Thats the dress code at my school too. Although with the 'tucked shirts', you get 2 warnings before its a call home, after that it's detention every time.
I dont get why we have uniforms though. The principal at my school says it "maintains a formal enviroment".
  • Flag - mexico
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/It

Offline Ghorvuil

• A world of sheep fall to a pack of wolves....
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • An apple a day keeps death at bay. -Myself 2013
  • Fursona Species: Red-wolf
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2016, 10:00:18 pm »
Well that's pretty crazy that a public school would have a dress code like these. I wear my hair down a little past my shoulders, wear mostly heavy metal t-shirts, and shorts or jeans (of course it changes with the season up here). We can use our phones if the teacher lets us (mostly for like turning in assignments online.) I use my phone mostly in engineering PLTW and Latin for google classroom. They even became less strict about hats this year. You can wear normal shoes, flip flops/ sandals. Not sure about wheelies though.

I definitely wear better clothes, like dress shirts, and pants, and dress shoes if something important is happening like a test or the ACT's.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:06:32 pm by Ghorvuil »
Like ourselves i replied; and they see only their own shadows, or the shadows of one another, which the fire throws on the opposite wall of the cave? - Plato's Allegory of the Cave, Socrates.