17 (5.2%)
No
219 (67.2%)
Occasionly
53 (16.3%)
Only at conventions
16 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 325

Author Topic: Fursuits  (Read 146468 times)

Offline STERLING

• Durr Dammit
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 177
  • STERLING
Re: Fursuits
« Reply #400 on: October 03, 2014, 06:11:13 pm »
I'm starting to save for mine now, I currently have $40 out of like $2000+. I'm staring to look for a job so I can really start saving. I'm going to commission Dont Hug Cacti or the Mischeif Makers (still deciding) when I'm 18

Also what are some of you guys favourite makers?
I love DHC, the Mischief Makers, and Phoenix Wolf Suits

I would say stay away from DHC, their quality isn't really that great, and their service is really poor.
I would say Phoenix Wolf and Made Fur You are good "Professional" makers.
But try and also look for some smaller makers around fA! They're usually cheaper as well!

Offline Akio Leopard

• ^~^
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 63
  • Icon by Ziggyzoom
    • DeviantArt - AkioLeopard
    • FurAffinity - AkioLeopard
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #401 on: October 03, 2014, 11:30:31 pm »
Shouldn't be too long now until an Akio fursuit exists. I'm making good money. I think I'll commission Phoenix Wolf, has anybody heard anything about their suit quality?
Feel free to PM me or message me on Skype. I like to talk, and as long as I'm not busy I'm happy to chat anytime :lol-fox:
(But I'm kind of awkward so you'll have to message me first)

~I don't even know what I was gonna put here~

Offline Serana

• In the moon I see everything!
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 240
  • And I see you giving me candy!
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
  • Fursona Species: Vampiric Cougar
« Reply #402 on: October 04, 2014, 01:21:28 am »
Shouldn't be too long now until an Akio fursuit exists. I'm making good money. I think I'll commission Phoenix Wolf, has anybody heard anything about their suit quality?
As far as I know their pretty good quality, you can look at fursuitcritique on FA. They have four reviews for PWS.

PWS is one of my fav suit makers, would love to get a suit from them. But my current goal is MoreFurLess, I'm saving slowly but surely^^
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

AKA Nagi, feel free to call me whatever.
Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.

|FurAffinity / ToyHou.se / Tumblr / ThisCrush|

Offline End

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 406
« Reply #403 on: October 04, 2014, 02:10:17 am »
I haven't heard anything bad about them, and looking at how telephone dances with the head managing to hold its shape without anything falling off,,it looks like they're pretty durable.

Offline Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 813
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #404 on: October 04, 2014, 07:21:58 am »

I haven't heard anything bad about their quality. Telephone has been around for a while and her suit still looks good. As SnowYuki said you can look at the fursuit critique page on fa, the only problem is that there's only have a small sampling of the people who own their suits and a lot of the time its only the people who had a bad experience or really really good one that review. So don't be afraid to ask some furs who have their suits how their experience was and how their suit has held up.

That's what I've done with a few people who own DHC because I love their suits but everyone always says bad things about them. From the people I've asked they have all had a great to fairly good experience an there suits have held up great. I am personally willing to deal with their customer service as long as the suits are ok. I know they have that "same face" thing but so do a few other makers but no ones critiquing them? DHC can make other faces than their standard face if you ask but most people want that face because its adorable and their style. I'm not going to commission someone else when I want the cute expression of DHC suits. Personality I really love the "DHC face" and still want to commission them when I'm older.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline STERLING

• Durr Dammit
  • Blue Level
  • STERLING
« Reply #405 on: October 04, 2014, 01:59:23 pm »

That's what I've done with a few people who own DHC because I love their suits but everyone always says bad things about them. From the people I've asked they have all had a great to fairly good experience an there suits have held up great. I am personally willing to deal with their customer service as long as the suits are ok. I know they have that "same face" thing but so do a few other makers but no ones critiquing them? DHC can make other faces than their standard face if you ask but most people want that face because its adorable and their style. I'm not going to commission someone else when I want the cute expression of DHC suits. Personality I really love the "DHC face" and still want to commission them when I'm older.

http://artists-beware.tumblr.com/post/79093997322/dont-buy-cacti
Just giving you a heads up. :/

Offline guapo

• we can start and finish wars
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 289
  • we're what killed the dinosaurs
    • DeviantArt - teethpunk
    • FurAffinity - benzos
    • Twitter - mcfreaking
    • nice aesthetic!
  • Fursona Species: conepatus semistriatus
« Reply #406 on: October 04, 2014, 02:04:37 pm »

http://artists-beware.tumblr.com/post/79093997322/dont-buy-cacti
Just giving you a heads up. :/

have to go with xan here. i've been making fursuits for a lil while and i'm friends with a whole lotta makers (kinkslinks, phoenixwolf, pseudocanid, etc)
i've not met one maker who recommends them. the quality of the suits are always terrible (paper-based eyes!!!), they're uncomfortable to wear (often made with the wrong measurements), and the maker is extremely rude to customers.
most of their nice suits were made for friends or themselves. :x
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: they/them/their
the dinosaurs choked on the dust
they died because we say they must

maybe i'll come back later
see ya

Offline Essie

• Where the fruit at?
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 22
  • No seriously, where is the fruit?
    • DeviantArt - JumperHusky
  • Fursona Species: Siberian Husky/Batdog
« Reply #407 on: October 04, 2014, 07:40:09 pm »
I just got my first paws, ears, and tail, I'm so happy!! They were made by Scout's Fur Accessories on etsy, he did a great job!
"I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate."
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Offline Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Boo
« Reply #408 on: October 04, 2014, 07:56:21 pm »
Those looks amazing Sarka! Very nicely done :fox-:): You are also very pretty in real life
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline TehBWFerret

• Will do ferret things for dream trip to Japan/UK/Anthrocon
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 17
  • Hug every fursuiter! :D
  • Fursona Species: Ferret
« Reply #409 on: October 04, 2014, 08:35:54 pm »
You know whose suits I'd kill to wear?
@CruxyCrescent and @Cairobro

Like god d*** those are some wonderful fursuits. XD
It is what others know not about us that allows us to know ourselves.

Icon by Satellite!

Offline Serana

• In the moon I see everything!
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 240
  • And I see you giving me candy!
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
  • Fursona Species: Vampiric Cougar
« Reply #410 on: October 05, 2014, 02:13:59 am »

I haven't heard anything bad about their quality. Telephone has been around for a while and her suit still looks good. As SnowYuki said you can look at the fursuit critique page on fa, the only problem is that there's only have a small sampling of the people who own their suits and a lot of the time its only the people who had a bad experience or really really good one that review. So don't be afraid to ask some furs who have their suits how their experience was and how their suit has held up.

Just do your research(well it looks like you have been), and it sounds like you have a couple(few, what ever) years so they might get better when your able to commission them and to be honest I don't mind the "same face" either since I think its just the style of the suits. Which are cute, I've also heard that the quality of the more recent suits have been better, but I'm not exactly sure since I never talked to anybody who owns a more recent DHC suit.
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

AKA Nagi, feel free to call me whatever.
Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.

|FurAffinity / ToyHou.se / Tumblr / ThisCrush|

Offline Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Boo
« Reply #411 on: October 05, 2014, 09:29:52 am »
Just do your research(well it looks like you have been), and it sounds like you have a couple(few, what ever) years so they might get better when your able to commission them and to be honest I don't mind the "same face" either since I think its just the style of the suits. Which are cute, I've also heard that the quality of the more recent suits have been better, but I'm not exactly sure since I never talked to anybody who owns a more recent DHC suit.

I was talking to Ruby Canine, he got his suit from them earlier this year and had a great experience and his suit fit great and he hasn't had an quality issues yet. I find a lot of people base their views of DHC around those few reviews that where negative, but DHC has made hundreds of suits and most of them have turned out great, there's no excusses for the bad ones but overall they are pretty good. I've heard of a few other makers that had a crap suit or two but people dot go around telling people to not commission them. I've done quite a bit of research at this point in time and feel confident that DHC will make a great Solstice suit if I decide to commission them, I'll just have to wait and see if they are still good in a couple years
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline TehBWFerret

• Will do ferret things for dream trip to Japan/UK/Anthrocon
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 17
  • Hug every fursuiter! :D
  • Fursona Species: Ferret
« Reply #412 on: October 05, 2014, 08:05:16 pm »
I just got my first paws, ears, and tail, I'm so happy!! They were made by Scout's Fur Accessories on etsy, he did a great job!

Very cute!
It is what others know not about us that allows us to know ourselves.

Icon by Satellite!

Offline STERLING

• Durr Dammit
  • Blue Level
  • STERLING
« Reply #413 on: October 06, 2014, 08:18:37 am »

She's done

Offline Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Boo
« Reply #414 on: October 06, 2014, 08:32:38 am »

She's done

She's so beautiful! Very nicely done and I have to say one of my favourite horse heads that I've seen. Can't wait to see more photos once you recieve her
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Tachun

• Is this the crusty crab ?
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 72
  • *boop*
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #415 on: October 06, 2014, 08:47:38 am »

Wow nice  :lol-fox:

I'm currently planning to buy a tail but I don't know who made some good ones
I'll build a better world someday

一个人的鬼。

Offline Essie

• Where the fruit at?
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 22
  • No seriously, where is the fruit?
    • DeviantArt - JumperHusky
  • Fursona Species: Siberian Husky/Batdog
« Reply #416 on: October 06, 2014, 09:03:42 am »

Wow nice  :lol-fox:

I can highly recommend Scout's Fur Accessories, his prices are very reasonable and he does awesome custom orders. Plus he's a younger artist and I personally like supporting younger artists.
"I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate."
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Offline Tachun

• Is this the crusty crab ?
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 72
  • *boop*
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #417 on: October 06, 2014, 10:13:15 am »
I can highly recommend Scout's Fur Accessories, his prices are very reasonable and he does awesome custom orders. Plus he's a younger artist and I personally like supporting younger artists.

I don't think this is an option because of, he only sends to the USA  :sad-fox:
But the hand-made tails look great  :chococat:
I'll build a better world someday

一个人的鬼。

Offline Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Boo
« Reply #418 on: October 06, 2014, 06:55:32 pm »

I've seen these guys on fa a lot, I don't know anyone who bought from them so I'm not sure about quality but they do, do international shipping
http://fauxpawfashions.com/index.php?route=common/home
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline EclipsetheWolf

• FT's resident geek!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 19
  • Fursuit SOON!
  • Fursona Species: Main: wolf
First Fursuit
« Reply #419 on: October 12, 2014, 02:22:44 pm »
So I'm getting my first fursuit in time for halloween which will be my first time fursuiting. I have noticed that I'm about the same height as my 18 year old brother, taller then my mom, the same height as my dad, and a little taller then my step dad. So yeah I'm pretty sure getting a fursuit 2 months before I turn 15 should be fine. Also along with this I will be going to Anthrocon 2015 with a few of my friends which will be awesome, and I may be going to MFF since its like a 2 hour drive from me.

Anyways, I was wondering how many of you guys either have fursuits or are getting one and when you got it.

FCWf3a A C- D+++ H+ M? P++ R T++ W- Z- Sm RLCT a- cn++++ d+ e- f+ h* i++ j p+ sm