17 (5.2%)
No
219 (67.2%)
Occasionly
53 (16.3%)
Only at conventions
16 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 325

Author Topic: Fursuits  (Read 146127 times)

Offline Kiki

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Fursona Species: Border Collie
Re: Fursuits
« Reply #180 on: September 20, 2010, 03:18:29 pm »
Has anyone else seen blue fox fursuits? They are very cheap but well made. I would like to get a fursuit but I'm going to wait until I'm older because I'm never going to wear it at this age and I might grow so it wouldn't be perfet custom fit any more. I have a collar which I wear every day while I'm not in school (I would love to, but our uniform policy is very strict). It's black with white paw prints on it, although they are quite faded because it's my dog's old collar. I am going to buy a bone shaped tag for it at the weekend saying 'Kiki'
FCM5ar>c  A C->+ D++ H+++ M- P++++ R T+++ W- Z Sf- RLU>VM a- cn++ d--- e- f++ h* i++ j p s-
P[wol, dog] F>[dog] B++ BB C++ E+ FF++ I+/++ !M !MM N+++ O Sp- !Sf Tam+@ fa-

Offline Sage the Fox

• The Fox Philosopher - Do you think deep?
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 13
  • Rave on, Mint Glitchglow!
    • FrisbieArts
  • Fursona Species: Ravox (Fox/Raven Hybrid)
« Reply #181 on: September 20, 2010, 07:35:28 pm »
 :D It's official! I'm getting a partial frome Tunny (www.tunnysaysidk.com) of my character Mint Glowglitch! I'm hoping to get it by Mid-December; I have to pay over time. Expect some pictures around that time...
I got number 20702. Read the same backwards!
 "Do or do not... there is no try."
     -Yoda, this quote is from.

Offline lucien

• i sold my hands for food
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 204
  • so please feed me.
    • DeviantArt - m0rtuum
    • FurAffinity - spazzeh
    • Twitter - onlygxdforgives
  • Fursona Species: african lion
« Reply #182 on: September 20, 2010, 07:48:33 pm »
:D It's official! I'm getting a partial frome Tunny (www.tunnysaysidk.com) of my character Mint Glowglitch! I'm hoping to get it by Mid-December; I have to pay over time. Expect some pictures around that time...

Hey, that's who made my fursuit! :'D
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline Jerry

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 5
« Reply #183 on: September 20, 2010, 08:26:01 pm »
Do many fursuits have wigs? My crazy hair is an essential part of Jerry so I wanted to know if having human like hair is common.

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #184 on: September 20, 2010, 08:54:58 pm »
It's more common with female suits than with male suits, but it's not unheard of.  However, making short human-like hair look right on a fursuit is extremely difficult, and in your case, I honestly can't think of a way to make a 'fro look good on a suit.  Granted, I'm not a fursuit designer, but you might want to come up with an alternate way of defining your fursona, just in case.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline -Tazz-furry teen

• Candies: 1
  • I'd rather die on paws than live on feet.
  • Fursona Species: black & grey wolf
Fur suit!!
« Reply #185 on: September 20, 2010, 09:05:58 pm »
When is it the best time to start to try and invest and look for a fur suit?? :badger:

Offline Jerry

• Orange Level
« Reply #186 on: September 20, 2010, 09:16:35 pm »
Thanks Natasha. I did some Photoshop tricks and Jerry doesn't look half bad without his curly hair. Maybe I can work on designing a head before school ends which means I have some time.

Offline Whiskey

• Stop.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 21
  • Panda time.
    • FurAffinity - redwhiskey
    • Twitter - @WHISKEY_THO
  • Fursona Species: Ailurus fulgens
Re: Fur suit!!
« Reply #187 on: September 20, 2010, 09:19:38 pm »
When is it the best time to start to try and invest and look for a fur suit?? :badger:
Before anything, I would get a quote from whoever you want to build your fursuit (unless you're building your own). Tell 'em what you want and they'll give you the price for your idea. If you have the money and they're open for commissions, then you should probably order as soon as you can. (To reduce the wait). If you're building your own fursuit, go online and read a few tutorials before you jump in! Hope that helped!  :lol-fox:
-Biology Student, Researcher, Aspiring Medical Professional, Businessman in Training-

Offline -Tazz-furry teen

« Reply #188 on: September 20, 2010, 09:44:29 pm »
Thank you very much!
That helped a ton!! :fox-:P:

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #189 on: September 20, 2010, 10:19:27 pm »
Before anything, I would get a quote from whoever you want to build your fursuit (unless you're building your own). Tell 'em what you want and they'll give you the price for your idea. If you have the money and they're open for commissions, then you should probably order as soon as you can. (To reduce the wait). If you're building your own fursuit, go online and read a few tutorials before you jump in! Hope that helped!  :lol-fox:

That said, you'll want to have some money saved up before you go fursuit shopping.  Partly because you'll want the artist you commission to take you seriously, but also because prices change over time, and if it takes a year or two to get the money together, the price quote you received won't be valid anymore, if the artist is even still making suits.

Also, most fursuit artists worth commissioning will have a website with a pricing guide, so unless you want something highly-custom (oddball species, lots of airbrushing, complex patterns/design, etc), you can go by that info to make yourself a reasonably accurate price quote.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline -Tazz-furry teen

« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2010, 06:26:58 pm »
Thank you that helped a lot to!

Offline Jerry

• Orange Level
« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2010, 07:27:32 pm »
I found a wig. I was at my local mega costume store and I just had to pick it up. I scared my parents, that is how realistic it is. I plan to finish my partial suit on October 30th, right before Halloween.

Offline SymphonicNemesis

• Herbivorous vampire
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 14
  • Not your usual dinosaur
    • DeviantArt - Shadow-lockheed
    • FurAffinity - Symphonic_Nemesis
  • Fursona Species: Stegosaurus
« Reply #192 on: September 27, 2010, 08:16:23 pm »
Making it yourself, Jerry?
Not by wrath does one kill but by laughter. Come! Let us kill the spirit of gravity!

Always bring a banana to a party, bananas are good. - the Doctor

Its fine, you can pray for me. I'll just run naked through the woods for you.
FDm3arw A+ C* Dm H++ M! P++++ R+ T++ W Z? Sf-- RLS a- cn+ d! e- f++ h* iwf j++ p+ sf z

Offline Jerry

• Orange Level
« Reply #193 on: September 27, 2010, 08:30:56 pm »
Just a partial. I have a crazy good at sewing sister and Battery showed me a really helpful site.

Offline Jerry

• Orange Level
« Reply #194 on: October 03, 2010, 01:12:18 pm »
(sorry for double posting, I don't see a modify button on my last post so here I go)
Last night was supposed to be mask night where I made Jerry's head. The part where it went wrong was the jaw and muzzle. I am going to probably start over and that means I need more $$$  :(  The mask didn't look like Jerry so I was sad. Oh well, at least I am about to finish up the arm gloves and have all the fur I need.

Offline Sulphur

• Green Level
  • Candies: 27
    • DeviantArt - SulphurTea
    • FurAffinity - Sulphuric
    • LiveJournal - SulphurTea
    • Twitter - Sulphurtea
  • Fursona Species: Spotted Hyena
« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2010, 01:37:36 pm »
(sorry for double posting, I don't see a modify button on my last post so here I go)
Last night was supposed to be mask night where I made Jerry's head. The part where it went wrong was the jaw and muzzle. I am going to probably start over and that means I need more $$$  :(  The mask didn't look like Jerry so I was sad. Oh well, at least I am about to finish up the arm gloves and have all the fur I need.
Is it just foam work are did you end up furring it already? It could still be fixed.
And, er. Speaking of fursuit stuff not going well, I wanted to make handpaws with 3D pads for the suit I'm working on and I totally screwed them up beyond repair. I'm gonna start over and use a different method, I dunno if I'll get to make 3D paw pads though. I wasted so much fleece on them, that I wanna finish the head first and make sure I have enough for the nose before I think about the paw pads.

Offline Jerry

• Orange Level
« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2010, 02:30:00 pm »
It's too late. I removed the ears, muzzle and jaw. The muzzle was not as solid as I wanted it to be. It is static for this suit. Any good sites for mask making would be very helpful. I am using Matrices' site for the head but any others for reference would be great.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 02:32:42 pm by Jerry »

Offline Sulphur

• Green Level
  • Candies: 27
    • DeviantArt - SulphurTea
    • FurAffinity - Sulphuric
    • LiveJournal - SulphurTea
    • Twitter - Sulphurtea
  • Fursona Species: Spotted Hyena
« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2010, 07:42:06 pm »
It's too late. I removed the ears, muzzle and jaw. The muzzle was not as solid as I wanted it to be. It is static for this suit. Any good sites for mask making would be very helpful. I am using Matrices' site for the head but any others for reference would be great.
Fursuit on Livejournal. They have a section called memories that shows some of the old posts that had helpful discussions and tutorials and whatnot.

Offline Jerry

• Orange Level
« Reply #198 on: October 11, 2010, 05:46:08 pm »
Sorry I haven't been on last week. I was working all the time on the suit. I finished the bottom half and have been working on the head (I wish I had a better camera).

Offline Sage the Fox

• The Fox Philosopher - Do you think deep?
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 13
  • Rave on, Mint Glitchglow!
    • FrisbieArts
  • Fursona Species: Ravox (Fox/Raven Hybrid)
« Reply #199 on: October 18, 2010, 05:15:13 pm »
Looking good Jerry!
I got number 20702. Read the same backwards!
 "Do or do not... there is no try."
     -Yoda, this quote is from.