17 (5.2%)
No
221 (67%)
Occasionly
53 (16.1%)
Only at conventions
16 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 329

Author Topic: Fursuits  (Read 153741 times)

Offline Ives

• You're here today, no future fears...
  • Candies: 154
  • ...this day will last a thousand years.
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
Re: Fursuits
« Reply #660 on: December 23, 2015, 08:49:26 pm »
My mom and I are planning to make a pair of feetpaws for me next year. Does anyone know of any good tutorials? Preferably something like this, only more in-depth.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold

Offline Keir

• Ace Attorney
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 8
  • Humanist and law enthusiast.
    • FurAffinity - Keir_Wreath
  • Fursona Species: Wolf/Eagle hybrid
« Reply #661 on: December 23, 2015, 09:05:19 pm »
I'd love to make a fursuit/buy a fursuit, but my parents got the wrong idea from that one CSI episode and a few broadcasts on TV from things like National Geographic and CNN and stuff, and they think that the fandom is just terrible, so I'm just gonna wait until I move away to try for a fursuit.
  • Pronouns: He,Him,His,Their,They, etc
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit...
There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain...

Offline Fozz Poloski

• FT's official Polomage
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 55
  • Icon Coloured By Mystic
    • Twitter - https://twitter.com/Fozzy_Guy_YT
    • In Development...
  • Fursona Species: Huskint-Mint Themed Husky | Polo Husky
« Reply #662 on: December 24, 2015, 06:33:55 am »
I'd love to make a fursuit/buy a fursuit, but my parents got the wrong idea from that one CSI episode and a few broadcasts on TV from things like National Geographic and CNN and stuff, and they think that the fandom is just terrible, so I'm just gonna wait until I move away to try for a fursuit.
Nooo not the CSI episode .-.
  • Flag - mincepie
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/Polo/It/They/Them
***May the polos be ever in your flavour***
If u ever want to talk I'm nearly always on Skype --> fozz.the.husky :lol-fox:
When you're trying to count and this happens...

Gaming Channel , Vlogging Channel , Furry Channel , Twitch Channel

Offline Raziel

• A Confused Tiger
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 15
    • FurAffinity - Oddtree
  • Fursona Species: Saber-Toothed Tiger
« Reply #663 on: December 24, 2015, 01:00:42 pm »

Swaggin
Your suit is adorable, i havent seen that many Platypus fursonas and i think yours is awesome  :D
And i really want to get a fursuit but i have to wait till im older.

Offline Shia

• Christmas Cutie
  • Board Moderator
  • Candies: 270
    • DeviantArt - discomanokit
    • FurAffinity - discomanokit
    • Twitter - discomanokit
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #664 on: December 28, 2015, 06:50:44 pm »
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
If you need anything, just ask me! My inbox is always open and I’m more than happy to help.
Avatar by Kipekee and sig emote by Avery

Offline ★Icee★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 592
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #665 on: December 30, 2015, 11:21:18 pm »
Thanks guys  :fox-:P:
That's Furred Up made it! I highly recommend <3

And in the excitement of finally finding more fur for her to make improvements, I'd like to remind everyone of my second suit ^^

She doesn't get enough love from me and I really need to change that ;w;
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

"While you can trick the rest of the world into thinking you are a good artist, you can never really convince yourself, which is why you keep trying."
Art accountArt threadAMATalk to Me

Offline Shia

• Christmas Cutie
  • Board Moderator
  • Candies: 270
    • DeviantArt - discomanokit
    • FurAffinity - discomanokit
    • Twitter - discomanokit
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #666 on: December 31, 2015, 10:08:49 am »
Aww she's so pretty! The colors look amazing ^^
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
If you need anything, just ask me! My inbox is always open and I’m more than happy to help.
Avatar by Kipekee and sig emote by Avery

Offline Adsila (add-sill-uh)

• Green Level
  • Candies: 40
  • Fursona Species: Main sona: Kirin/Qilin based creature
« Reply #667 on: December 31, 2015, 11:15:11 am »
:O Icee, both of your fursuits look so good and they're adorable!!! I can't wait till I finally get one.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GaPkkGZGw
Watch this when your sad ^_^ red pandas are my favorite, so it works for me!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
"I respect animals more than people; we're the ones messing up this world, not them." - Anonymous
This sums up exactly how I feel ^^^

Offline Lacmorash

• Regenerating Codes
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 31
  • [Roconstructing]
  • Fursona Species: Internet K-9
« Reply #668 on: January 05, 2016, 09:23:21 am »
One day i'll get one,
 -When my tree grows some money
 -When i get a job with $20000 income/year
 -When South-East Asia has it own convention

Hey look ever here! A running text :P
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
B, C, D
Between born and death, there's life, which full of choices.

Do it faster, make it better.

Offline ★Icee★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 592
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #669 on: January 05, 2016, 11:18:32 am »
Late thank-you to everyone who commented ^_^
I hope that everyone wanting a fursuit gets to commission or make one eventually! They're super fun, definetly worth the investment  :fox-:P:
I've had Panda a little over 2 years now and Jaguara over 3, and they're still going strong <3
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

"While you can trick the rest of the world into thinking you are a good artist, you can never really convince yourself, which is why you keep trying."
Art accountArt threadAMATalk to Me

Offline Raziel

• A Confused Tiger
  • Red Level
    • FurAffinity - Oddtree
« Reply #670 on: January 09, 2016, 01:48:16 am »
I didnt want to post a new topic for this and it fits here:
Im only 13 (pretty much 14) and me and my friend are really into furry things like ears and suits and stuff. We dont own any suits but we are both interested in making our own in the future.  We want to have full suits, Head, paws, tails, and body but we know very little about making them. I haven't been able to find that many good tutorials online about this, i have found a few but not that many. Does any one have any tips or videos they have seen that they can send me a link to that help with making a fursuit.

My fursona is a saber toothed tiger so im going to want big teeth and im not sure if i will even be able to have a moving jaw with those teeth, so should i just make a stationary jaw or try to make a moving jaw?

We are going to wait till high school be for we start doing any of this but im just planing ahead  :fox-;):.

Offline Alen

• This is an original custom title
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 7
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #671 on: January 09, 2016, 04:58:22 am »
Please anyone, can you give me information about suit classification (like what is full/partial, quad etc) because I still don't know it :(

Im only 13 (pretty much 14) and me and my friend are really into furry things like ears and suits and stuff. We dont own any suits but we are both interested in making our own in the future.  We want to have full suits, Head, paws, tails, and body but we know very little about making them. I haven't been able to find that many good tutorials online about this, i have found a few but not that many. Does any one have any tips or videos they have seen that they can send me a link to that help with making a fursuit.
We are going to wait till high school be for we start doing any of this but im just planing ahead

Sorry, but I don't have any links that can be helpful for you; [my thoughts: wow there are so many young furries like me omg]
  • Flag - canada
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
I love to find new friends, so feel free to message me on Discord or in the forum DM :D

Offline Skye

• Smol
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 11
  • Icon by: http://www.furaffinity.net/full/18281666/
    • DeviantArt - skyehighsuits
    • FurAffinity - skyyee
    • skyehighsuits
  • Fursona Species: Winged Wolfdog
« Reply #672 on: January 09, 2016, 06:10:14 am »
Please anyone, can you give me information about suit classification (like what is full/partial, quad etc) because I still don't know it :(

We are going to wait till high school be for we start doing any of this but im just planing ahead

Sorry, but I don't have any links that can be helpful for you; [my thoughts: wow there are so many young furries like me omg]

Okay, so basic run down

Fullsuit. Full head to toe in fur. You are your fursona, breathe your fursona, smell your fursona (smells like sweat most likely)
These come in 2 leg styles, plantigrade and digigrade, plantigrade are normal human legs, whereas digigrade makes your legs look like animal legs.

Partial. This only consists of head, paws, feet and tail, you wear clothes with it, so it looks like your character is wearing clothes.

Quadsuit. Quadsuits are costumes that allow the wearer to walk around on 4 legs aided by the use of stilts on their hands. These make you look like an actual animal.

Two types of styles, toony and realistic, toony is well toony, and realistic is well, realistic.

Few types of eyes, 2D, follow me, and glass/resin

2d eyes are flat, very toony eyes that look almost comical.

Follow me eyes allow the head to seem like its looking at people

Resin eyes are made of a solid resin and vision is through the tearducts

Hope that answers everything!
  • Pronouns: She/her/hers

Offline Skye

• Smol
  • Red Level
    • FurAffinity - skyyee
    • skyehighsuits
« Reply #673 on: January 09, 2016, 06:12:03 am »

My fursona is a saber toothed tiger so im going to want big teeth and im not sure if i will even be able to have a moving jaw with those teeth, so should i just make a stationary jaw or try to make a moving jaw?

We are going to wait till high school be for we start doing any of this but im just planing ahead  :fox-;):.

You could do a moving jaw with those teeth yes. You may have to carve specific grooves in the foam to allow them to move freely.

I'm actually a fursuit maker so if you guys ever need any help, tips, questions etc, just ask me :)

Offline Alen

• This is an original custom title
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 7
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #674 on: January 09, 2016, 06:20:14 am »

Okay, so basic run down

Fullsuit. Full head to toe in fur. You are your fursona, breathe your fursona, smell your fursona (smells like sweat most likely)
These come in 2 leg styles, plantigrade and digigrade, plantigrade are normal human legs, whereas digigrade makes your legs look like animal legs.

Partial. This only consists of head, paws, feet and tail, you wear clothes with it, so it looks like your character is wearing clothes.

Quadsuit. Quadsuits are costumes that allow the wearer to walk around on 4 legs aided by the use of stilts on their hands. These make you look like an actual animal.

Two types of styles, toony and realistic, toony is well toony, and realistic is well, realistic.

Few types of eyes, 2D, follow me, and glass/resin

2d eyes are flat, very toony eyes that look almost comical.

Follow me eyes allow the head to seem like its looking at people

Resin eyes are made of a solid resin and vision is through the tearducts

Hope that answers everything!

Thank you!  :fox-;):
  • Flag - canada
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
I love to find new friends, so feel free to message me on Discord or in the forum DM :D

Offline Raziel

• A Confused Tiger
  • Red Level
    • FurAffinity - Oddtree
« Reply #675 on: January 09, 2016, 11:16:25 am »

There are also some suits that are in between partial and full, you wear a head, paws, tail, and maybe the legs but not the torso. Why do I know a lot? YouTube xD

You could do a moving jaw with those teeth yes. You may have to carve specific grooves in the foam to allow them to move freely.

I'm actually a fursuit maker so if you guys ever need any help, tips, questions etc, just ask me :)

Okay, do you know any good techniques for making a moving jaw or any good tutorials for one online. I think I'm going to want to build off a balaclava instead of using plastic peaces to make a structure for the head.

Offline Lacmorash

• Regenerating Codes
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 31
  • [Roconstructing]
  • Fursona Species: Internet K-9
« Reply #676 on: January 09, 2016, 11:31:03 am »
Will i be a super anonymous person in fursuit?
  just wondering...

and, do you ever get a dilemma, where you want to get a fursuit maker but scared that they gonna ruin it(color, form, size, etc)?

i mean come on, it's $1000-$2000 you spent and they aren't giving any refund.
B, C, D
Between born and death, there's life, which full of choices.

Do it faster, make it better.

Offline Skye

• Smol
  • Red Level
    • FurAffinity - skyyee
    • skyehighsuits
« Reply #677 on: January 09, 2016, 03:02:40 pm »
The thing with moving jaws is you have to build a structure to get it to move anyway, you could do it on a balaclava base, but add a layer of foam on th balaclava before you start, this will allow you to be able to glue on the structures, in terms of tutorials I personally haven't found one that helped me all that much, just do some trial and error so you can find your own way of doing it :)

Offline Fozz Poloski

• FT's official Polomage
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 55
  • Icon Coloured By Mystic
    • Twitter - https://twitter.com/Fozzy_Guy_YT
    • In Development...
  • Fursona Species: Huskint-Mint Themed Husky | Polo Husky
« Reply #678 on: January 09, 2016, 03:33:01 pm »
The thing with moving jaws is you have to build a structure to get it to move anyway, you could do it on a balaclava base, but add a layer of foam on th balaclava before you start, this will allow you to be able to glue on the structures, in terms of tutorials I personally haven't found one that helped me all that much, just do some trial and error so you can find your own way of doing it :)
What method do you use on your suits then?
  • Flag - mincepie
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/Polo/It/They/Them
***May the polos be ever in your flavour***
If u ever want to talk I'm nearly always on Skype --> fozz.the.husky :lol-fox:
When you're trying to count and this happens...

Gaming Channel , Vlogging Channel , Furry Channel , Twitch Channel

Offline Skye

• Smol
  • Red Level
    • FurAffinity - skyyee
    • skyehighsuits
« Reply #679 on: January 09, 2016, 04:26:55 pm »
What method do you use on your suits then?

I have only experimented at this point, however it seems I will be using plastic as a hinge on the side of the foam base, then building the jaw up with foam. Adding a piece of plastic inside the jaw to sit under mine, then use elastic around the back of the head to get it to close properly :)