Author Topic: Throught the womhole with Morgan Freeman  (Read 930 times)

Offline FelixtheWolf

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 4
  • Fursona Species: Wolf-Raccon (wolfcoon)
Throught the womhole with Morgan Freeman
« on: August 12, 2011, 09:31:33 pm »
So I am a huge physics guy. particularly astrophysics.  I honestly loved this show, becuase of its curiousity inducing intros, and easy to understand diagrams and demos, it makes things all the more interesting. while being a lover of this field of science, and a catholic, I believe I can find a balance of both (won't get on a religious ramble) but i did love the "is there a creator of the universe" episode.
I just love how in depth they go with these interesting and incredible theories! Morgan Freeman is an awesome narrator too! (when is he not? lolz.) but anyway i'm not a complete nerd i do have a life too.competative soccer and music. (and furry :wuf-;): )
but i have to say the on the downside the setup for each episode is quite repetative. it begins with Morgan Freeman raising the episode's main question, then he tells how he had an expirience in his childhood with this mystrey of the cosmos, then we hear from theoretical physists about the science behind it. and honestly, it seems to raise more questions then it gives answers...
but overall a wonderful and truly captivating show!
-Felix

Offline Nick

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 10
  • Take everything one step at a time
    • DeviantArt - nickrocks3636
    • FurAffinity - nickrocks3636
    • My Blog in South Korea
  • Fursona Species: Grey Wolf
Re: Throught the womhole with Morgan Freeman
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 07:17:16 pm »
Yea im one of the few people my age that i know who LOVES the science channel, the history channel that sort of thing. i have all of the episodes set to record in the near future. one of my favorite episodes they had on the show was if there were more than one universe. If our universe is just a little dot in the a vast sea of other little dots. It was very interesting and i really enjoy them
Feel free to message me anytime. I'm here for everyone

Offline Roofus

• Resident Grumpy Old Fur
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 86
  • Whatupwidat?
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 09:14:11 am »
Meh, it's a little dumbed down and clinical for my liking...but then it was first shown over here at the same time as Prof Brian Cox's Wonders Of The Universe on BBC, which is a much better show that doesn't rely on computer graphics to teach but more on Prof Cox's unique way of teaching using analogys and mini-thought experiements.

Through The Wormhole is ok, but Wonders of the Universe is simply the best show on space and physics I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iIkgftiXME&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOqR1Csv7yg&feature=related

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 02:10:10 pm »
Meh, it's a little dumbed down and clinical for my liking...but then it was first shown over here at the same time as Prof Brian Cox's Wonders Of The Universe on BBC, which is a much better show that doesn't rely on computer graphics to teach but more on Prof Cox's unique way of teaching using analogys and mini-thought experiements.

Through The Wormhole is ok, but Wonders of the Universe is simply the best show on space and physics I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iIkgftiXME&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOqR1Csv7yg&feature=related
Indeed! Brian Cox is an awesome Particle Physicist and I love his show. I certainly think it is the better of the two. But I still think 'Throught the Wormhole' is worth a watch, though.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Orpheus

• Physically im 18. Mentally, thats another question...
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 44
  • Tacky, yet delightfully refined.
    • FurAffinity - orpheusfox
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 04:43:47 pm »
Personally i like "what the bleep do we know" and "through the rabbit hole." Those are really interesting, in depth shows on quantum physics, string theory, as well as the theory of relativity.
    Honor, Courage, Commitment.  

Offline XxDawnshadowxX

• Harvester of Figs
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 18
  • Die Welt braucht mehr OOMPH! (*´∀`*)
    • DeviantArt - XxDawnshadowxX
    • FurAffinity - XxDawnshadowxX
    • LiveJournal - XxDawnshadowxX
    • Twitter - xxdawnshadowxx
  • Fursona Species: Siamese cat
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 11:12:24 pm »
"Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman" is by far my favourite show on the science channel. I just love learning about How the Universe Works (PUN. LOL.)
I've always loved science, String theory, quantum mechanics, black holes, gravity...
It's all just so interesting. *O*
while being a lover of this field of science, and a catholic, I believe I can find a balance of both
Oh, and this. YES. *highfive*