Author Topic: Rise of the Planet of the Apes  (Read 682 times)

Offline Battery

• Zombiesaurus Rex
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 53
  • Name's Ash....Housewares. Groovy.
  • Fursona Species: Lythronax argestes
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
« on: August 15, 2011, 11:57:19 am »
Sorry for any possible spoilers

First off I want to say this isn't a remake or reboot or a prequel to Burton's really it's more like a alternate universe to the original movies. And you don't need to have seen the originals to see understand whats going on in this movie, but luckily I've seen all of the originals many times(I own the complete DVD set). If you seen the originals there are a bunch of easter eggs to look out for in it such as Ceaser's mother being called Bright eyes or the famous Apes line "Get you hands off me you damned, dirty ape!!!"  being said. There are more easter eggs, if you want to know them just PM me and send you a list of the ones I've found.

This movie is similar to Conquest of the Planet of the Apes which shows Ceaser starting the ape rebellion. But unlike the original story were earth's pets(cats & dogs) die out and humans take apes as pets then eventually as slaves this story shows the apes becoming intelligent  from an Alzheimer's vaccine that repairs the brain. Later in the film Ceaser sees how he and other apes are treated like animals, soon gives the the other apes the same vaccine that made him intelligent causing the ape rebellion. The apes in this movie are similar to their roles in the originals(such as gorillas being the soldiers and orangutangs being the smart ones/priest).  There are also events in the movie that foreshadow how the ape civilization will be like in the future (the originals).

It's a good film, if your a Apes fan you'll still like it, if your new to the Apes universe you'll like it.

DeviantArt - FurAffinity - Weasyl - Tumblr - Twitter - Skype: BatteryAcidLeak

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
Re: Rise of the Planet of the Apes
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 06:44:23 pm »
Aye, it was a good film and led quite nicely to the first Planet of the Apes film. Some good visuals and story telling methods. I'm glad I managed to see it.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline hurricane

• Candies: 1
  • Fursona Species: dog
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 11:34:19 pm »
I was really worried that it would be bad like the Mark Wahlberg Planet of the Apes. I think this movie was great as long as you are willing to suspend belief, because some of the things aren't believable. If you have seen it yet, don't read the next part.
SPOILERS BELOW!
How can one tiny vial be enough for all those apes?
The medicine didn't have lasting effects; the only reason Caesar's intelligence was permanent was because he was born with it, so all those apes would have gotten dumb again.
The number of apes kept increasing.

I liked the way they ended it. You were supposed to infer what happened to the human population.

Offline Roofus

• Resident Grumpy Old Fur
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 86
  • Whatupwidat?
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 09:47:32 am »
TEH SPOLERZ AHEAD!

Meh, didn't like it...it was silly but enjoyable for a while but the scene on the bridge was the kicker for me. I ended up rooting for the police officers who had no idea what's going on other than a bunch of great apes are tearing ass through San Francisco.

But then I cheered for the marines on Avatar for the same reason - that 90% of them were just honest Joes who didn't know what was happening and yet I'm supposed to applaud their deaths?