Author Topic: Your Nationality  (Read 31155 times)

Offline Nanaku Chizure Shytano-Teishan

• Red Level
  • Candies: 33
  • In the end,I will lick up your essence, your blood
    • Nanaku's Artwork
Re: Your Nationality
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2006, 08:18:15 pm »
Thats understandable and I"m sorry you feel that way about Southerners but please don't let it out in the forums. I understand and I go through junk all the time, but I try my best not to let it out on other people. And if I do, as you already know, I apologize. I am southern yes, but you'll find I'm much different from most Southerners and People or Furres for that matter.
*smoochies, lovebites, and many other things...if you'll approve* The Collared One May Our Souls Be One As I Drink The Essence Of Your Energy As I Fight For Feralys
'FC1.Fv~ S$MA1+++++ S$^Other G$+ G$^Bi-fem
^Bi-male H$5'8"-f W$155-n T$3 -f W$6-f A$18 M$+ H$+++ M$++ M$Demon
^Dark_Mage P$+++ F$+++++++++ S$+ N$Nanaku'

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
  • Candies: 48
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2006, 09:19:07 pm »
Wow you two fuss a lot.

I think everyone can determine "closely related" races by the color of our skin.  Though we should not fight about it, if you are black, you come from African descent.  If you are white, your race comes from Somewhere other than Africa.

I am not going to rat my own race, there is plenty I can say against all of them, but I wont.  Even so...

Um.

Okay yah, I forgot.  Im'a puke now.

Offline tornwulf

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 6
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2006, 12:22:38 am »
I tried to figure out my ancestry once, basically I'm one quarter German (my grandmother on my mom's side) then pretty much whatever you can think of except African or Asian.

:badger:

Offline Mike

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: -7723
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2006, 12:28:06 am »
Wouldn't African be classified as black, and French be classified as white? It seems repetative to say that you are African and black.

The only situation that wouldn't apply there would be the Muslim Moors, from Spain.

But the Catholics pushed them out in the fifteen hundreds, I believe.

Offline Eddy

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 671
  • Gone for good.
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2006, 08:12:57 am »
You say to call Africans 'black', is to be racist.

However, when I was in Uganda, everyone called me 'Muzungo' which means 'white man'. Just an interesting point.

Also, I know folk of African origin who dunt mind being called 'black', maybe it's a location thing...

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 20
  • Örülök, hogy megismerhetem
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2006, 08:59:13 am »
Color really doesn't matter to me at all. We are all one race. Human race....color really shouldn't matter when you think about it..but still it causes problems no matter what.

Offline Lucien Odin Godsline

• Green Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Music: The Voice Of The Soul
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2006, 01:51:55 pm »
Humans? Where? *looks around*

Offline Mike

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: -7723
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2006, 03:39:35 pm »
You say to call Africans 'black', is to be racist.

However, when I was in Uganda, everyone called me 'Muzungo' which means 'white man'. Just an interesting point.

Also, I know folk of African origin who dunt mind being called 'black', maybe it's a location thing...

Calling someone "black" doesn't make you racist. If they're black, then they're black. They should be aware of their rich African heritage. Africa being the place where human life originated.

By saying that if by calling someone "Black" you are being a racist, then you are saying that black is a bad thing.

Offline Nanaku Chizure Shytano-Teishan

• Red Level
  • Candies: 33
  • In the end,I will lick up your essence, your blood
    • Nanaku's Artwork
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2006, 10:58:57 pm »
I dont recall saying that being called black is racist and for reference there is a such thing as being white and coming from africa. Personally, i dont care, i dont like talking about race when it comes down to it. Racism still exists and socially things are accepted differently then I believe most people here view it. I dont care what 'race' 'ethnicity' or genetic gene pool you come from, if I can mate with you and have a non-sterile child, we are equals. Period. Also, I dont care if your female male, 18 or 28.I dont like racism, and socially, it is much easier for a 'white' person to be racist ONLY because of history. I've argued this on mypace and I've defended myself but I'll shut up on that.I don't look at history I dont like history and though I won't repeat it, I dont try to make it a case and point. Now, I've called people gringo and wetback and s.a. and cracker and I've used nigga and nigger. I dont use ANY derogatory [sp?] terms to talk to anyone any more. I came to a realization and I regret that I called anyone that. I apologize for starting this. Maybe its best if I no longer say anything. It seems my 'decisions' totally seem to start conflicts. I will keep my opinions to myself from now on. I think it is best for both the RP and the forum. How about that? Better?
I suppose me and Jenna do have many conflicts, but I think they are just misunderstanding...or maybe cause I'm southern? Jajaja j/k ^^ other than that. How about we stop this convo here before someone starts to get too serious and we have things said that we dont want to say? Maybe?
*smoochies, lovebites, and many other things...if you'll approve* The Collared One May Our Souls Be One As I Drink The Essence Of Your Energy As I Fight For Feralys
'FC1.Fv~ S$MA1+++++ S$^Other G$+ G$^Bi-fem
^Bi-male H$5'8"-f W$155-n T$3 -f W$6-f A$18 M$+ H$+++ M$++ M$Demon
^Dark_Mage P$+++ F$+++++++++ S$+ N$Nanaku'

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2006, 01:42:52 am »
*cough* flinch.  Not Jenna.

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2006, 10:27:11 am »
WE are furry inside Lucien..but we still are mortal humans on the outside..you get the point.

Offline Flinch

• LOSER-MAGNET
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 683
  • I'm just default awesome
    • The Ferret's Den
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2006, 01:08:53 pm »
Thats understandable and I"m sorry you feel that way about Southerners but please don't let it out in the forums. I understand and I go through junk all the time, but I try my best not to let it out on other people. And if I do, as you already know, I apologize. I am southern yes, but you'll find I'm much different from most Southerners and People or Furres for that matter.

When I said "people around here", I didn't mean people in the South. I meant the people in this town.
President: "I just don't get kids, remind me to sign that abortion bill!"

Offline Polaris

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 11
  • Causing cavities with every giggle.
    • Deviantart
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2006, 02:18:05 pm »
Race isn't determined by skin color.
It's about location and heritage.

Besides, simple terms can be used very differently all across the world.
For example, Caucasian.

Taken from wikipedia.

"The term Caucasian race or Caucasian is used to refer to people whose ancestry can be traced back to Europe, North Africa, West Asia, the Indian subcontinent and parts of Central Asia.

In anthropology, the later and more technical term Caucasoid race was defined by anthropometric criteria.

Current use

Different regions of the world use the term in different ways. In the United States, Caucasian is currently used primarily as a distinction loosely based on skin color alone for a group commonly referred to as White Americans, as defined by the American government and Census Bureau. In Europe, "Caucasian" refers exclusively to people who are from the Caucasus.

The term itself originated as one of the racial categories recognised by 19th century craniology, and is derived from the region of the Caucasus mountains, itself imagined to be the location from which Noah's son Japheth, traditional Biblical ancestor of the Europeans, established his tribe prior to its migration into Europe.

Caucasoid race is a term used in physical anthropology to refer to people falling within a certain range of anthropometric measurements.

In New Zealand the term Caucasian is used most frequently in police offender descriptions. Pākehā, European New Zealander, or simply New Zealander (although in theory this should include all New Zealanders) are more common in general language.

In the United States the term "caucasian" has taken on a political rather than a scientific meaning. For example, a large segment of the Hispanic community in the United States can be scientifically categorized as caucasian. Some caucasian Hispanics, therefore, may take offense to the political use of the word caucasian to describe the non-Hispanic caucasian population in the United States.

In Britain and Ireland the term "Caucasian" is almost never used, White British or "European" is used instead."

So let's all tred lightly when useing terminology.

This thread is about nationality.
Any race can have varried skin tones. so let's not use color as a defining factor for racial classification.

I found this and thought it might be interesting reading.
To learn more about the Blackfoot.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackfoot
:staffedit-sig:

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2006, 03:36:56 pm »
I know I have some native american in me, but I dont know what and from where.  Therefore I dont mention it because I have little knowledge of it.  If I had an accurate way of finding out, I would be pleased.

And Iv'e tried Ancestry.com.  I'm not giving them money until I know for absolute sure that theyre accurate.

Offline Polaris

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 11
  • Causing cavities with every giggle.
    • Deviantart
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2006, 03:45:31 pm »
Your best bet is DNA testing.

I found a site once that offered this service.
Key word is service.
It cost more than I'd care to spend.

Because of there being no legal documentation kept of my great grandmother's
marrage I'm screwed when it comes to proving my heritage.
If it weren't for the way they treated inter-racial couples back then I'd be a recognised member of the
cherokee nation by now.
:staffedit-sig:

Offline Lucien Odin Godsline

• Green Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Music: The Voice Of The Soul
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2006, 03:51:22 pm »
WE are furry inside Lucien..but we still are mortal humans on the outside..you get the point.

Aww...*ears flop* I don't like that fact...

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2006, 05:46:51 pm »
Well its true still..until we get those corrective surgeries we are still human on the outside.

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2006, 07:17:26 pm »
THANK YOU Andor.  As furry as we wish we are, we're all still intellegent (hopefully) humans.

Offline Flinch

• LOSER-MAGNET
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 683
  • I'm just default awesome
    • The Ferret's Den
« Reply #118 on: September 25, 2006, 07:19:31 pm »
Well its true still..until we get those corrective surgeries we are still human on the outside.

And on the inside, too, unless you have a collie's intestines :\
President: "I just don't get kids, remind me to sign that abortion bill!"

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
« Reply #119 on: September 25, 2006, 07:27:56 pm »
Eew.