Author Topic: Your Nationality  (Read 31392 times)

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Re: Your Nationality
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2006, 06:14:18 pm »
I like a big, thick, juicy, rare burger, with a little bit of blood still resting in it. :B

Umm, eating hamburger cooked anything less than Medium increases your chances of getting bacteria 1000x.  Steak is one thing, because all the bacteria lives on the outside, but hamburger is ground up, so all critters live throughout it.  So unless the cow was slaughtered and ground up within an hour of you eating it, undercooked hamburger is extremely likely to kill you.

There's a reason why most states forbid restaurants to serve ground beef cooked less than medium, and some states require you to sign a waiver to get it less than Well Done.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Lucien Odin Godsline

• Green Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Music: The Voice Of The Soul
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2006, 06:21:39 pm »
The stake on the outside clause is a myth, bacteria can live in the muscle tissue itself, transported through the blood. The only way to prevent foodborne illness is to cook meat to 170^oF throughout.

I don't eat red or processed meat at all. Read the book "Fast Food Nation," it will open your eyes.

Offline Mike

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: -7723
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2006, 07:58:03 pm »
I like a big, thick, juicy, rare burger, with a little bit of blood still resting in it. :B

Umm, eating hamburger cooked anything less than Medium increases your chances of getting bacteria 1000x.  Steak is one thing, because all the bacteria lives on the outside, but hamburger is ground up, so all critters live throughout it.  So unless the cow was slaughtered and ground up within an hour of you eating it, undercooked hamburger is extremely likely to kill you.

There's a reason why most states forbid restaurants to serve ground beef cooked less than medium, and some states require you to sign a waiver to get it less than Well Done.

I used to not eat my burgers rare. I gradually began eating it rarer, and rarer, until it was actually rare. Because of this, my I slowly built up an immunity to most of the bacteria that lives in meat. Now I seldom get sick!

• Green Level
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2006, 08:02:14 pm »

I used to not eat my burgers rare. I gradually began eating it rarer, and rarer, until it was actually rare. Because of this, my I slowly built up an immunity to most of the bacteria that lives in meat. Now I seldom get sick!

There are still countless strains of pathogens in meat, some more severe than others. I can't make you stop eating rare meat, but please be careful!

Offline Mike

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: -7723
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2006, 08:10:41 pm »
Hey... It's not like a smoke...

And what the hell? People eat steak tar tar! I know a guy that eats beef raw, too... He's not too smart, though...

Offline Ross Fox

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 5
  • Iiiii'm a crazy rabid squirel....I want my COOKIE!
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2006, 12:10:09 pm »
So how many threads on this board end up deteriorating to talking about food?
My FA . How dull

"Its a non-stop disco betya its Nabisco bet ya didnt know, woohoo!"

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 20
  • Örülök, hogy megismerhetem
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2006, 12:12:10 pm »
Too many if you ask me. >.>

• Green Level
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2006, 02:59:34 pm »
It's either food or violence. Perhaps everyone needs a taco and a copy of GTA. That'd take the edge off of things.

Offline Rockaway Ralarare

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Ghetto Ninja from Brooklyn
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2006, 03:02:42 pm »
Um can we get back on topic.  I am proud yet pissed to be panamanian.  We are a very important country as a passage way, but the lives lost to make that passageway is what pisses me off.

Offline Polaris

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 11
  • Causing cavities with every giggle.
    • Deviantart
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2006, 03:10:48 pm »
Imagine the lives lost to the creation of the concept of mutualy assured destuction.

If I was going to be angry I'd have to be mad at my own peoples.
Being a mix of european nations and cherokee nation at the same time.

" I blame my peoples for the trail of tears. No not all of 'em."
:staffedit-sig:

• Green Level
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2006, 03:15:16 pm »
It's not often that you can blame an entire group for an injustice. Often, it's a few people high up in power, and the entire group takes the fall for them.

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2006, 03:54:21 pm »
Just like recently. In hungary. A riot and fires started in budapest because the PM lied about Hungarys economic status to win the election and they are all rioting and demanding his resignation.

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Candies: -65493
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2006, 08:43:23 pm »
People in politics always lie to win elections and vary few tell the truth and if they do follow through with the truth it ends up hurting everyone in the end :/ Look at Steven Harper for an example because he is perefect for that XP

And peoplez love starting riots when they can find a excuse and poiltics is the most popular one to use XD

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2006, 11:31:14 am »
And lookey here..an update of hungarys situation. More rioting and more demands. >.> Barbaric people.

Offline Nanaku Chizure Shytano-Teishan

• Red Level
  • Candies: 33
  • In the end,I will lick up your essence, your blood
    • Nanaku's Artwork
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2006, 01:10:19 pm »
Lets see....where to start...
My father adopted but we know he's half black half white
As far as on  my mother's ide there is:
'black'
Native American [Sioux n Blackfoot]
'white'
French
Polish
African
those are the ones I recall.
*smoochies, lovebites, and many other things...if you'll approve* The Collared One May Our Souls Be One As I Drink The Essence Of Your Energy As I Fight For Feralys
'FC1.Fv~ S$MA1+++++ S$^Other G$+ G$^Bi-fem
^Bi-male H$5'8"-f W$155-n T$3 -f W$6-f A$18 M$+ H$+++ M$++ M$Demon
^Dark_Mage P$+++ F$+++++++++ S$+ N$Nanaku'

Offline Flinch

• LOSER-MAGNET
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 683
  • I'm just default awesome
    • The Ferret's Den
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2006, 06:25:25 pm »
Wouldn't African be classified as black, and French be classified as white? It seems repetative to say that you are African and black.
President: "I just don't get kids, remind me to sign that abortion bill!"

• Red Level
    • Nanaku's Artwork
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2006, 07:06:47 pm »
Well, first off if you ever call and African black they be offened and no it's not. Hence 'black' not black. Also, the same case with 'white'. White is European and as I said I'm not sure who my fathers parents were so there is no telling what 'white' nationality they are. And my great grandfather was half African Half French, not half black half white. His parents were from African decent and French decent. Secondly, the black mainly refers to my father and the blackfoot native americans who are of dark skin tone. Thank you for trying to correct me or catch me on a technicality or whatever, but I tend not to make mistakes when it comes to what I'm mixed with, I am very technical.
*smoochies, lovebites, and many other things...if you'll approve* The Collared One May Our Souls Be One As I Drink The Essence Of Your Energy As I Fight For Feralys

Offline Flinch

• LOSER-MAGNET
  • Blue Level
    • The Ferret's Den
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2006, 07:10:29 pm »
Actually, where I grew up the African Americans were usually referred to as 'Black', and they weren't offended. And it is my understanding that the term 'Black' is not generally used for Native Americans, rather, if resorting to a color, they are called 'Reds'. However, you and I are from different parts of the country, so I guess it really depends where you're from. I didn't mean to offend you, your method of racial classification is just different from what I'm used to.

• Red Level
    • Nanaku's Artwork
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2006, 07:36:52 pm »
That is indeed true, but when i say black, I refer to myself as black, I myself am sierra and it is indeed dependent on the way you classify, when it comes down to i, it's mainly origin and color. Blackfoots as i said, are dark toned native americans, you'd know if you ever saw me. But other than that, I refer to myself as black mixed. Usually, here anyway, black is referred to those who are decended from slaves, this is why some Africans, as I should have said before, do not like being refered to as 'black'. No offense it's completly understandable. You kind of sound like the way I was in the Rp. Thanks still for trying to at least clarify the differences in our 'classification'. In the end we are all peole, no?

Offline Flinch

• LOSER-MAGNET
  • Blue Level
    • The Ferret's Den
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2006, 07:40:47 pm »
Of course we are all people.

The reason I sound cranky on this board and the Feralys board is that I'm still unhappy about moving to the South, and the people around here are such a test, that I'm kind of taking it out on the forums. I don't mean to offend anyone or hurt their feelings, I'm just having a difficult time.