Author Topic: "Furry" - now a movie!  (Read 3947 times)

Offline Codename fox

• The grey and green folf of Dayz exile
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 30
  • attempts to help others
    • FurAffinity - Codename Fox
  • Fursona Species: green and grey Arctic folf
Re: "Furry" - now a movie!
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2016, 12:09:43 am »
i think this movie kinda has a bad portrayal on the fandom. one that fursuit is very derpy. two, idk why he'd make such a big deal about it. and three the movie just seems really not well made. the fursuit isnt even made right, the girl freaks out like hes a sexual pervert. and just little things like that would've improved the movie if they were done right
  • Pronouns: Male: he/him/his
Enjoy life's great fun moments at their best. Or you'll only see moments as their worst.

-Codename fox, Arcturus

profile pic by MasterDaye !

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 128
  • sushi dog
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2016, 05:36:51 am »
I quite enjoyed it (well when i watched it last year that is) tbh it s kinda cheesey and fake, but i think its cute, like the way they draw stuff and play games. I mean its true the girl freaks out way too much in a way that was just stupid but I thought it was for added drama and story rather than reality. Although ye i think this guy is deep into furry as a lifestyle and portrays it as so rather than just a hobby. The fursuit wasnt too bad but i guess way its true less effort put in, like the eyes and stuff maybe were a bit flat and it was overly simple but im guessing it was just a random costume they made but the fur they used made it a bit better.

I remember watching another wierd furryish film (not exactly more like transpecies or soemthin) about a girl who kept wanting to dress up as a dog and then eventually her family gives in a dresses up too, that confused me.
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline limsta

• Red Level
  • Candies: 1
    • Twitter - toypieces
  • Fursona Species: Mixed wolf
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2017, 11:08:57 pm »
Could've had a higher budget but it's okay...
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Posted with love ~Limsta (Wondeful Whisper)

Offline Adrian the Goat

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 37
  • Fursona Species: Goat
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2017, 05:30:20 pm »
I believe the furry fandom hasn't been dealt proper justice in terms of media. I can't remember which show it was, but in one of the earlier episodes of a now famous crime scene investigation show, they did an episode at a furry convention and showed furries donning the suit and all in an orgy. It's absolutely appauling to me that we're potrayed as such a sexual group of people however, there is an honest dark truth that much of the fandom is sexualized and interested in such sexual devices. Having such movies I feel only force more of thr fandom to become sexualized because the people who see them expect the fandom to be that way because that's what they've been told, unltimately leading to a an entirely perverted new generation of furries which is what we're seeing in the fandom to this very day. I've been in the fandom since of June of 2012, one year before such a film was even conceived and four years before the release of Zootopia and I've seen the fandom take a massive drop downhill in terms of sexual and even romantic morality. Exposure is pracitcally killing the fandom, not directly but indirectly. It does get more people involved with the fandom, but the people still have the toxic idea that all furries are interested in sex. It doesn't help that as soon as the idea for Zootopia was released on YouTube, people in the fandom all ready begun to produce sexually explicit material based on Nick Wilde. Disney couldn't even help but intentionally target the furry fandom too, and then they of course had to continue their practice of capital imperialism to sell more products based on the movie. If someone makes any type of movie based on the fandom, they need to be very careful and they need to know what exactly the furry fandom and not what they're told it is. As an anti-popularist and a philosophical conservative and pessimist, I feel that perhaps I notice it more than other people might, but still, there's something slowly corrupting the fandom and the newer generations of the fandom.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Blank

• (/ o_o)/ I'm gone bye
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 4
  • lol
    • DeviantArt - XimeTheCosmic
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2017, 01:30:46 am »
If they're doing this they need to be very careful with the subject matter, you know, don't let us look like freaks or something.
Anyways this is a pretty neat concept but I think it would be kind of hard to make a good quality movie out of this idea.