Author Topic: Advertising the Site  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Daniel A. Skirtandzy

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 162
    • FurAffinity - Skirtandzy1
    • LiveJournal - Skirtandzy
    • Twitter - Skirtandzy
  • Fursona Species: Domestic Cat
Advertising the Site
« on: September 03, 2011, 03:49:25 am »
I don't remember any past discussions on this matter, but I was thinking about something.
I found my flashdrive that I store pictures on, and came across one from my first convention:

(I also belong to the Furst State group)

Now, this got me to thinking. I have seen a fair number of people say that they were surprised and happy to find the site, that there was a place for teen furs online. If there were some people here who were surprised to find the site, how many are there who still do not know, but would like to know?

So I would like to propose that we develop a flyer or two, that people can print out and take to meets/conventions, and place in the messege areas.

Similar to what TFS has done, we could take collect some quotes from people, about what they like about the site and link to the site.
Then just post it somewhere where people can have easy access to it, to print it.

Any thoughts on this?
  • Flag - lawyer
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Re: Advertising the Site
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 05:14:09 am »
That would be quite awesome, and it's something I've been meaning to do for years, but I'm always so busy before a con that I never get around to making it happen.

If someone were to spearhead an effort to put something like this together, they would have the support of the administration, and I'll personally ensure they get delivered to Anthrocon (currently not attending other cons on a regular basis, but we'll see how things go this year).
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 303
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 10:45:27 am »
Yeah, that seems like a good idea. I hope it would manage to help the forum gain some more publicity and atract new members.

Off-topic:

Quote from: The Furst State poster
"At least it's not Scientology!"
If "The Furst State" is an organisation of some kind. Couldn't it be possible for the Church of Scientology to form a Lawl suit against them? They seem very eager to do that about anybody with something negative to say about their doctorine/practises:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_and_the_legal_system
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Daniel A. Skirtandzy

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 162
    • FurAffinity - Skirtandzy1
    • LiveJournal - Skirtandzy
    • Twitter - Skirtandzy
  • Fursona Species: Domestic Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 12:28:08 pm »
If someone were to spearhead an effort to put something like this together

Well, I guess that is motivation.

So, now I need some quotes from people.

As a member of Furry Teens, what do you like about the site, and what keeps you coming back?

And Natasha, do you have a larger version of the FT tab icon? I think that would make a good background.
  • Flag - lawyer
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor

Offline Liardy

• the kinda Evil!
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 14
  • Rawr!
    • FurAffinity - Liardy
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 01:01:01 pm »
As a member of Furry Teens, what do you like about the site, and what keeps you coming back?

As a fairly new person here, I love the people here in general.Most everyone is polite, and willing to help when you need it.
FCW3adrw A+ C- D H+++ M- P+ R+ T+++ W- Sm a- cn++ e- f h+ j+ p+ sm  <- Fancy Furry Code thingar

Offline Minimoose1441

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 18
  • *Insert snappy comeback here*
    • DeviantArt - minimoose1441
    • FurAffinity - Minimoose1441
    • SoFurry Account
  • Fursona Species: Red Wolf
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 03:22:11 pm »

I would say that what keeps me coming back is the constant stream of advice that people have and just some of the people I have met on the site. There's always new topics being created that you can relate to, and every time you need help, this community is probably the best to get answers at. Another reason I like Furry Teens is because of how friendly everyone is. Ive met many good friends from across the world that I like to keep in touch with and speak to every now and then, and I'm sure I will make others in the future.
  • Site Donor

The best website ever.

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 303
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 05:30:21 pm »
I suppose I come back because I generally like the atmosphere (most of the time) of the site and its purpose of introducing young Furies of all races, genders, sexual orientations, nationalities and beliefs to the fandom. The forum tends to have a friendlier atmosphere than other forums I visit, many of its members are willing to help out others (whether that be tips on artwork, writing and even personal problems) and it is a great place for a discussion and a debate. Besides, I've made a couple of great friends here such as Zenith and Nightf0x.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Mik

• [Insert something meaningful here]
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 68
  • Piece o' Piss ya bloody fruitshop owners!
    • DeviantArt - mikunefolf
    • FurAffinity - mikune
    • Twitter - MikuneFolf
  • Fursona Species: Folf
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 07:14:37 pm »
I come back because I enjoy the community and friendship and such. The forum is full of decent people, and good discussion topics. I mean, i've been a member for nigh on three years so something is right ^^

Offline Chopin

• Green Level
  • Candies: 18
  • We're the Last in Line!
    • FurAffinity - chopin
  • Fursona Species: White Tiger/Dragon
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 11:28:18 am »
Like Mik, I keep coming back because everyone's so nice.  Some of the people I've met here have become good friends of mine, like Zenith and Tyla.  And there's always something to talk about, just from the variety of threads.  We've got individuals from all walks of life, gender, race, sexual orientation, and myriad other phrases I can't think of right now.
"You've got your stairs to Heaven, you may be right.  I only know in my world, I hate the light, I speed at night!"
-Dio, I Speed At Night