Author Topic: House, MD.  (Read 908 times)

Offline Addycat

• Red Level
  • Candies: 0
  • New FT Member
House, MD.
« on: November 30, 2006, 03:04:10 am »
It's not a movie but I saw Metalocalypse in this forum so I assumed it was okay. :B <3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_md for more info.

House, MD is a show on Fox that's currently in it's third season, starring British actor Hugh Laurie (who puts on a fantastic American accent for the show) and a variety of other actors in a drama that's different than most on TV. Dr. Gregory House is quite famous for his skills as a physician but is actually quite a jerk and prefers never to actually visit his patients because "people always lie." He prefers hard data to what the patients tell him.
He also walks with a cane and is a Vicodin addict, which is getting him into trouble in the current season by the looks of it.

Anyway, I'm not one to get addicted to television series very easily but after only one episode of House I was in love. :D I bought season one on DVD (season two is also available~) and I've been taping season three while I'm at work.
Very good series; it may be about a doctor but it's nothing like Grey's Anatomy or ER at all. The episodes seem to follow a forumula (person gets sick, goes to the hospital, the next 50 minutes are the doctors scrambling to find out the cause of the symptoms while coming up with two or three illnesses that aren't actually it until finally making the correct diagnosis at the end) but the way it's pulled off makes it worthwhile anyway. Also, there's a storyline involving the characters that runs episode to episode; it's not all doctor-patient action.

Anybody else addicted? :O
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 03:08:49 am by Addycat »

Offline Okami

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 3
Re: House, MD.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 09:31:32 am »
Yep, it's probably one of the only series I'm actually following on TV. I still haven't bought the Season 1/2 DVDs yet but I will eventually.

I like the smart-ass humour and to be honest, the character House reminds me of myself sometimes. ^^;

Offline Daimajin

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 9
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 10:27:59 am »
He drives a motorcycle, had no idea until just last night. You are right about one thing, he is a sarcastic jerk when it all comes down to it. of course I would still choose him to be my doctor.

Offline Addycat

• Red Level
  • New FT Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 03:01:37 pm »
He drives a motorcycle, had no idea until just last night. You are right about one thing, he is a sarcastic jerk when it all comes down to it. of course I would still choose him to be my doctor.
You'd be crazy not to. Just about all of those patients that come in to see him would die if they were sent to any other doctor - the tiniest things that would be overlooked or normally wouldn't matter, he looks into.

And yeah, that's so cool. xD I didn't expect the motorcycle at all, either.

Offline Okami

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 3
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 03:11:00 pm »
Hugh Laurie used to be a comic book writer and his character rides a motorcycle. It's something he carried over into the House series. There are a lot of in-jokes that they have in the series. :laugh-wuf:

Offline Husky Boi

• Red Level
  • Candies: 1
  • Girly husky ~<3
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 11:06:55 pm »
House = god.

Offline Addycat

• Red Level
  • New FT Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 01:26:42 pm »
Hugh Laurie used to be a comic book writer and his character rides a motorcycle. It's something he carried over into the House series. There are a lot of in-jokes that they have in the series. :laugh-wuf:
I didn't know that. :O I should look into that and re-watch the whole series...

As if I needed a reason, though. xD

Offline LeonSarambi

• Red Level
  • Candies: 4
  • Video gamin kat!
    • My Livejournal
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 08:15:48 pm »
addicted, fanatic =^_^=
Love House's humor plus the Drama really does make you feel like you want that person to live. But my only complaint about the show is that...well...i never know when its on ><  :fox-:P:
If you tell me to tell a joke, Ill give you a mirror

Offline Addycat

• Red Level
  • New FT Member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 09:50:50 am »
It comes on 9 pm EST on Fox on Mondays, but that's an old episode. :3
New episodes come on.. at 9 pm EST on Tuesdays. And I think USA shows older season three episodes at either 8 or 9 PM on Fridays. :D