Author Topic: Recent Slowness  (Read 545 times)

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Cookies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Recent Slowness
« on: September 20, 2011, 11:03:37 pm »
You may have noticed that the server was performing noticeably slower than normal over the last few weeks.  This was due to a combination of growth here on FT, and explosive growth of another site hosted by Lupinia.  The other site was the bigger of the two problems, generating in excess of 120,000 hits a day on average, so I've contacted the owner of that other site to make other arrangements.  You should notice an increase in site performance over the next day or two.

However, there's still a lot of load being generated here on FT.  Our average hits per day have nearly doubled in the last few days, we've broken 50,000 hits a day for three days in a row.  We can handle the load, especially with the steep reduction in other server traffic, but please keep an eye on how you use the site, and try to avoid obsessively refreshing the page to check for new posts.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3