Author Topic: FT Radio/podcast  (Read 21486 times)

Offline Para

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 8
  • :E
    • art-mafia.net
Re: FT Radio/podcast
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2006, 07:08:28 pm »
What happens on a talk show anyways o.O?

They um...talk. :D?

And the game review stuff..... I'll just stick to gamespot.com for my reviews from pro writers and player opions since I can get what I am looking for in less then 45 secs : D

Aye, that was my reason for not wanting a game review. First of all, someone would have to play the game, write a good review, and if the radio guys haven't even heard of the game it might be a little dull of a read, for them and the listeners.

Offline Daimajin

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 9
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2006, 01:44:09 am »
are we going to have it next friday or is that a no go?

Offline Para

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 8
  • :E
    • art-mafia.net
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2006, 03:21:25 pm »
I hope so. :(

Offline Kit Wolf

• FT Founder
  • Candies: 11
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2006, 11:34:41 am »
Please refer to http://lupinia.us/furryteens/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=2 for the latest news about Furry Teens Radio...Sadly not this friday either but this saturday is a go.

Offline StarlightTheWingedHorseOfDoom

• Candies: 1
  • New FT Member
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2007, 10:59:54 pm »
if it's accents you like, I can pull off a decent Indian one XD

I can help with radio too. I have a bit of experience broadcasting.
Wise man says: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.

Offline Ralarare

• Red Level
  • Candies: 1
  • -screech-
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2007, 05:29:25 am »
I'm with Alex, I have some experience broadcasting with the Midwest radio development around here in Western Australia.
An Australian Gryphon approaches. WHAT DO YOU DO?

Offline Cerule Vulpes

• Old oldoldoldold bleh
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 29
  • Lord I am old...
    • Science-Sexual (my tumblr)
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2008, 04:19:31 pm »
what ever happened to this idea? it sounds fun.
GENETIC ENGINEERING ahasfdjashdfglwadsjhfg

Offline willnye

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 5
  • Ich habe ein √úberbeladung
  • Fursona Species: snowshoe hare
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2008, 08:49:57 pm »
^it was given it's own board/ thread thing which was locked several days ago due to DRAMA.

Offline Cerule Vulpes

• Old oldoldoldold bleh
  • Green Level
  • Lord I am old...
    • Science-Sexual (my tumblr)
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2008, 01:27:33 am »
oh noes not drama!
GENETIC ENGINEERING ahasfdjashdfglwadsjhfg

Offline Cymun

• Designated Cheer-Upper
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 4
  • Two.
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2008, 12:52:08 am »
Wait, wait, wait... what if we have a podcast sorta thing like this:

We've got an editor, who's job is to put all the segments together.

The segments would be sent in by anyone who wants to contribute. Anything audio could be sent in, and the editor would choose which ones he wants to put into the final podcast.

Examples for segments could be:
Radioplays, Teamspeak Talk/Discussions, Current news in the world and Fur Fandom, Music from small artists, Comedy routines, Rants, and just about any interesting audio clips of relevance to the furry teen community anyone would want to send in.

We could have an M.C. sort of thing, who would transition the segments, and host live open talk recordings, things like that. When all the segments are recorded, the Editor would put it together, and do what needs to be done to make it a podcast.

What we would need is an Editor, which we could elect, or could be switched out every once in a while, or we have a different one every podcast, such and such. For quality, I don't think the Editor should be able to contribute podcasts. Thusly, we'd need an M.C. personality to move things along.

Having listener sent clips would prevent the entire podcast depending on a drama/apathy-susceptible main group, and also making this a community sort of project. There could be recurring Personalities/Segments. A little while before the release of a podcast, the editor would post a program of the podcast so that people could discuss/offer suggestions about.

And I think we should elect the two most important people, Editor and M.C., so that we get people who would actually reliably WORK.

Go ahead and ask if you have any questions.
"There are two types of people: The kind who walk into rooms and turn TV sets on, and the kind who turn them off. The problem is they usually get married." - Raymond Shaw, The Manchurian Candidate (1962)

Always here if you need someone to talk to.

While you're reading this, go ahead and read this:
http://www.vincifruit.com/
Vinci & Arty. Maybe not the best, but my favorite.

Offline nickrak

• Orange Level
  • Grey Wolf
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2008, 02:43:37 am »
i was editor before and I'll do it again... if anyone is interested in this being a working model, say "Aye". We already have a Last.FM... if we have enough content for an occasional release that'd be awesome. But I won't bother with releasing content unless I can get at least 20 minutes of material, it's just not worth putting together anything less than that to me...
  • Award - Beta Tester
Permanently Offline

Offline Cymun

• Designated Cheer-Upper
  • Orange Level
  • Two.
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2008, 05:28:12 pm »
So, I think we should get an M.C., and start sending in clips! I don't know much about the specifics, though, so someone should figure out who to send the clips to, and how. And we should get to work on that M.C. deal. Of course, they'd be unnecessary, but it would be more like an actual podcast with one.
"There are two types of people: The kind who walk into rooms and turn TV sets on, and the kind who turn them off. The problem is they usually get married." - Raymond Shaw, The Manchurian Candidate (1962)

Offline Aerion

• The local mellow, game-playing, daydreaming, philosophical wolf-boy
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 43
  • Remaining lives: 1
    • My scrap book of ideas and misc. (feel free to post)
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2008, 02:58:44 pm »
If we're doing this, we need two things:

1) We need rules. These are extremely important. They mean the difference between a couple x-rated segments every now and then, or everything being censored.
Personally, I think we should keep the rules minimal, meaning something like "no purposelessly offending anyone for no good reason"

2) Unless you want only CP-Geeks to submit, you need to tell us where to get the necessary software (mainly for recording microphone and then editing it later (which I know exists for free, I had one, but I forgot the name, and I doubt people even less tech-savvy than me would find it))

Other than that, I'd actually do one myself, if I had any clue what to do.
Well, I'll figure it out by the time you tell us where to send it.

Oh, and "Aye"
"Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride""
"Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means you are two steps ahead"
"Invoke not common sense, for it is not common"
"A life without joy is a wasted one, and you got but one to waste."
"To touch the clouds, you need to reach for the stars"
Fantasy games are for n00bs, try playing a game about reality

Offline nickrak

• Orange Level
  • Grey Wolf
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2008, 08:44:15 pm »
1) We need rules. These are extremely important. They mean the difference between a couple x-rated segments every now and then, or everything being censored.
Personally, I think we should keep the rules minimal, meaning something like "no purposelessly offending anyone for no good reason"

I think it'd be reasonable to just use the same rules as the forum. Otherwise we can't use the FT name... and it's always possible we could release extra episodes with more content.

2) Unless you want only CP-Geeks to submit, you need to tell us where to get the necessary software (mainly for recording microphone and then editing it later (which I know exists for free, I had one, but I forgot the name, and I doubt people even less tech-savvy than me would find it))

I'd recommend Audacity. It works on all platforms, and anyone can use it, it's super simple. Just make sure you save your segments in a high-quality file.
  • Award - Beta Tester
Permanently Offline

Offline Seika

• Green Level
  • The Farther Shore
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2008, 09:37:45 pm »
I'll be the M.C i guess.

I think i could fit it into my schedule again.
"Therefore there is not anything which returns to nothing, but all things return dissolved into their elements."

Offline Nox

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 60
  • Fursona Species: Dingo
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2008, 12:36:03 am »
"aye"

...if it's not a problem...
I'll be the M.C i guess.

I'm not trying to start a fight, but what happened to "It's impossible?"

« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 12:47:29 am by Nox Darkdingo »
  • Flag - original

Offline Cymun

• Designated Cheer-Upper
  • Orange Level
  • Two.
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2008, 12:54:31 am »
Sooo... Who wants to write up the official rules for audio submissions? Like where they should be sent, content, and length? Cuz' We'll need those.

Offline Nox

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 60
  • Fursona Species: Dingo
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2008, 02:03:45 am »
How about we set up an email account for the editor, so whoever is the editor can login and receive the separate parts? I'll be happy to create the account, unless someone else wants to.

Content: If each person has a different segment, we should choose what we want to talk about. I'm happy to do almost anything, but I would prefer news, music, or games. I think everyone should put down what they want to do.

Length: How long do we want each episode to go for? And how many people are going top join? Probably 5-10 minutes each I reckon, but less if there are more people.

I don't want to take charge here, just suggesting.
  • Flag - original

Offline Aerion

• The local mellow, game-playing, daydreaming, philosophical wolf-boy
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 43
  • Remaining lives: 1
    • My scrap book of ideas and misc. (feel free to post)
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2008, 09:57:31 am »
5-10 minutes is actually quite a long time. It should be plenty, for anyone who doesn't want their own show (anyone who do, should find somewhere to upload it, and do so. I believe there must be at least one place for free media uploads, as there are places like photobucket for photo stuff)

As for what to talk about, I tend to dislike restrictions, especially since things like this can get quite boring if there is a universal "theme".
So, while I think it's a good idea to communicate general topics, to prevent duplicates, I think we should avoid any specific similarities (with the possible exception of furriness).
Speaking of furriness, are we going to be strictly RL, or allow "fictional" segments? Personally, I'd prefer the second one, as I have plenty of sources for RL stuff.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 02:49:02 pm by Aerion »
"Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride""
"Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means you are two steps ahead"
"Invoke not common sense, for it is not common"
"A life without joy is a wasted one, and you got but one to waste."
"To touch the clouds, you need to reach for the stars"
Fantasy games are for n00bs, try playing a game about reality

Offline Seika

• Green Level
  • The Farther Shore
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2008, 03:15:34 pm »
"aye"

...if it's not a problem...
I'll be the M.C i guess.

I'm not trying to start a fight, but what happened to "It's impossible?"

It's impossible for you (Timezone issues and such considering you're about twelve hours ahead of most people)

But for me, as i live on the East Coast of the U.S.A it would be less of a problem.

And i already have scripts and stuff typed up for this type of project.

"Therefore there is not anything which returns to nothing, but all things return dissolved into their elements."