Author Topic: The Hunger Games  (Read 671 times)

Offline Larsen

• You could be next
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 21
  • I Want Crazy
    • DeviantArt - AnimalLarsen
    • Twitter - @musleh_yusef
  • Fursona Species: dog/wolf
The Hunger Games
« on: December 14, 2011, 02:08:53 pm »
For all those who don't know The Hunger Games is a three part book series written by Suzanne Collins. Anyone who has never heard of it here's a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunger_Games. Anyway I LOVE THIS SERIES! It can be compared to Battle Royale but has more of a plot, heres  a link to Battle Royale http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Royale. But for those have read the books, I can not wait to see the movie lord keep me patient http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgssLmsOa2s.
#Ifeelpretty

Offline Rizzan

• Life is like a dissembled abacus...
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 17
  • ..it's what you make of it that counts.
    • FurAffinity - rizzan
  • Fursona Species: Gryphon
Re: The Hunger Games
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 07:30:13 pm »
I read these book as they came out, and omg did I fall in love, the are really for anyone, adventure, action romance, they have it all, and a whole lot of all of it. I'm personally waiting for the movie, which is either gonna be amazing, or gonna suck really bad, no grey areas there I believe, I don't want another Eragon mistake, witch hopefully wont happen see as the serine is already complete.
Avi done by Five.

Offline Sleek

• MoonMoon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 118
  • Gonna Get The Thing
    • DeviantArt - SleekHusky
    • FurAffinity - Sleek34
    • Twitter - SleekHusky
    • Weasyl - SleekHusky
  • Fursona Species: Huskeh
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 07:57:44 pm »
I have read them all. I have to say it is the only depressing book I like.
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/They/Them/Their
I try to manage some semi-official gaming events for this forum.
Twitch.tv livestreamer here
FT's Twitch Channel here

Offline lvil

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 10
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 07:39:16 pm »
I read the books and I want to see the movie but I already know it won't be as good. The books were amazing.

Offline Gerard

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Fursona Species: White Tiger
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 09:08:08 pm »
The books were probly some of the best i have ever read!!
Our lives and everyones lives revolve around the choices that so many others make

Also my avatar is pretty close other than the stripes since i cant draw worth uhmmmm lets just say my stick figures dont look like stick figures.

Offline guapo

• we can start and finish wars
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 289
  • we're what killed the dinosaurs
    • DeviantArt - teethpunk
    • FurAffinity - benzos
    • Twitter - mcfreaking
    • nice aesthetic!
  • Fursona Species: conepatus semistriatus
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 05:19:36 pm »
tbt i 100% preferred battle royale
the hunger games was decent though
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: they/them/their
the dinosaurs choked on the dust
they died because we say they must

maybe i'll come back later
see ya

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 07:06:31 pm »
The books were a great read, though the movie was great, worthwhile watching and different enough from your  run-of-the-mill action films,  but I was disappointed in some areas of the casting.  The ambience and contrast between the poorness of the districts to the richness of  the capitol had successfully been carried out.  But due to time constraints etc. You do not see exactly how hungry the people of the districts actually were.

One of the main themes in this film is power. The Hunger Games were  designed to tell the twelve districts that they held the power and to    warn them against rebellion. The games kept the districts divided and worst of all, treated the games as entertainment as all twelve districts    are forced to watch as the kids were pitted against each other.  A few other themes are: society and class, love, appearance, politics and    sacrifice. Most of all though, it's a film that teaches you that even when things seem bleak, keep on trying and don't give up. "Keep on trying and don't give up hope" is and always has been my personal mantra; in reality I know it works, just the same as portrayed in the film. :)

Jennifer Lawrence is a mesmerizing screen presence, except, there is the game. This is by  far the strongest portion of the   film, the  core that brings out the strengths of character and body. Katniss here is absolutely flipping wonderful, played by a gifted actress with psychological  nuance and desperate intelligence. I was completely convinced by her  plight and enjoyed her journey of self discovery. She keeps her human  compassion, doesn't shed her emotion even when asked to kill, and is illing to risk everything for another. It is most beautifully done.

The Hunger Games is a thrilling  story, told with huge  compassion that deserves much accolade. I thought  Jennifer Lawrence to be a modern day heroine, compassionate and strong  with a good moral compass.

Thanks for the link(s).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 07:09:28 pm by Spiderpig »

Offline Serana

• In the moon I see everything!
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 239
  • And I see you giving me candy!
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
  • Fursona Species: Vampiric Cougar
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 02:40:12 am »
I never read the books(got them for Christmas and haven't found time to read them) but I love the movies and can't wait for "Mockingjay" and hope its as good as the previous movies.
I saw "Catching Fire" twice at the theater(mainly because my mom didn't go the first time:P).
I especially think Jennifer Lawrence did a phenomenal job, very convincing and realistic imo.

I have a mockingjay pendent on my collar I wear once in a while^^
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

AKA Nagi, feel free to call me whatever.
Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.

|FurAffinity / ToyHou.se / Tumblr / ThisCrush|