Is your fursona you but furrier?

YESH broooo!
141 (74.2%)
Nah mate...
27 (14.2%)
My head fell off, I am typing with my tongue
22 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 190

Author Topic: Is your fursona YOU?  (Read 13940 times)

Offline Sleek

• MoonMoon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 119
  • Gonna Get The Thing
    • DeviantArt - SleekHusky
    • FurAffinity - Sleek34
    • Twitter - SleekHusky
    • Weasyl - SleekHusky
  • Fursona Species: Huskeh
Re: Is your fursona YOU?
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 05:30:07 pm »

....  :chococat:
AAWWWWWWWWWWWWW! THAT IS THE CUTEST THING EVER!

Well worth $8 I payed for it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 11:32:35 pm by Sleek The Derpsky »
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/They/Them/Their
I try to manage some semi-official gaming events for this forum.
Twitch.tv livestreamer here
FT's Twitch Channel here

Offline Max Wolfe

• Celestial Moon Guardian at your service
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • Rawr means "Don't make me bit you!" in Doganese
    • DeviantArt - MaxBWolfe
    • FurAffinity - MaxWolfe
    • Twitter - Max_B_Wolfe
  • Fursona Species: Azure Wusky(Blue furred Siberian Husky/Arctic Wolf)
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 10:56:28 pm »
In many ways, yes. At the same time, my fursona depicts things I'm not even close to being like. He's more of the person I wish I was. He still is very much matched to my personality. I do, however, treat my fursona more as a character more than a alter ego. I still do find that to be the case that he is my alter ego, but I want a fursona packed with excitement, unlike me. : P

I havn't really given him the character development he has deserved. Even though I've been in this fandom for a few months past a year, I really only began my thoughts on my own character around March or April and have built and built over time. Although, everything is very much set in place.

Heh, sorry. I was getting off topic. Anyways, my fursona is my alter ego, but at the same time he is the character I created.

Coolness

Offline Akira

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 4
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • FurAffinity - swiftpurpose
  • Fursona Species: arctic fox
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 11:02:08 pm »
yes, i tried my best to base my fursona off myself, he is a bit more awsome than the real me, but that is because i mainly focused on my good traits when making him!  :chococat: (i have no idea what a cat has to do with what i just said, but i feel it deserved a cat...)

Offline TIGER

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 222
  • :03
    • Twitter - tidaltiger
    • tumblr
  • Fursona Species: surprisingly, not a tiger?
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 11:52:49 pm »
(Good I love talking about myself my characters!! I've really enjoyed looking through these actually, it's interesting to see what other people's fursonas mean to them.)

It's hard to say. I have more than one fursona, and I swap them around depending on how I feel. So technically, yes.
Sparrow and Mango are my two mains, and are used to represent me in the fandom, as well as myself in drawings and artwork by other people.

Sparrow is usually used for personal drawings, which is why she is usually used to ~vent my emotions~ like a true 15 year old, and is really modelled after me. She has my hair, body size/shape/height/weight, likes/dislikes, personality, etc. She changes as I change, like how I dye my hair differently every few weeks.
Mango is more of how I represent myself publicly, she's a lot cuter and more appealing, and she's been around much longer. She's used for trades / commissions more often too, usually my default for other people to draw instead of my other characters. She was accurate to myself a few years ago, but Sparrow took over as my fursona-to-represent-me, so now she's more of an alternate-sona.

Then there's Chi / Maccietta, my spirit animal. Kind of. Her physical design is fairly recent, but she's kind of always been there, she's really the 'essence' of what makes a character 'you', if that makes sense. Like how I felt really attached to Mango / Sparrow / etc. and felt that they were 'right', she is that feeling?? I don't know that makes no sense when I type it but.
I call her the spirit animal because she chose me, she designed herself, her own personality, her own... everything really- as opposed to all my other fursonas and characters, where I get a concept and work them out myself, give them their own worlds and histories and such. I'm either insane or have a really, really vivid and uncontrollable imagination. In that sense, she's not me at all actually, but I love her a lot.

THEN there's Fall, she's purely a I-really-love-this-character-too-much-for-them-to-just-be-a-character fursona. This happens with nearly all my characters, every once in a while I get a new 'favourite' and get lots of art of them, draw them more, develop them more, and then after a few months they drop back and a new character comes forward. Right now it's Fall, so. Most of my characters get one aspect of myself and then the rest is made up. So really they're all 'me', just different parts of me. I have just over 20 now, but they come and go. I don't have the heart to just 'abandon' them and never think about them / draw them / etc. so I guess I'm stuck with them. And that's really it, I guess.
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: she/they
  • Award - Graphic Artist
do your best today! ☀

Offline N-Dash-A

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 10
  • (>o.o)> - <(o.o<) - (>o.o)> - <(o.o<)  Dancing.
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 12:06:14 am »
In a way my Fursona started out as me, but slowly changed into a more deep character.
Gave him his own thoughts, likes, sexuality, pros and cons, pet peeves.
It's pretty creative what we all do with our fursona's :D

Offline James Techno

• Psycho DJ *James Techno*
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 1
  • Fursona Species: Husky/Wolf (Wusky)
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 04:58:30 pm »
I had to post here. My fursona is me. In every meaning of the word, myself. Slim, Kinda, gentle, great aspirations, same viewpoints, all in all.. me. <3

Oh yeah, he is homosexual too. Rawr!

I mention we are the same people..?
Live like you would die tomorrow. Learn like you would live forever.

Oh! Btw~ I'm gay. Woooot! Watch out boys.. DJ in da house :D

FC[Husky/Wolf (Wusky)]m3ar A- C- D+++ H+++ M? P R+ T++ W Z- Sm++ RLE a- clmn++ d+ e- f-- h* i+ j+ p sm

Offline Applesau5

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • SIR APPLESAU5 XIV, LORD OF 1943 XB (CERES)
  • Fursona Species: Lynx
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 07:59:44 pm »
If my fursona was me, I would either be invisible of just not exist at all seeing as I've never put myself towards making one or even thinking up one.
no u

Offline Larsen

• You could be next
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 21
  • I Want Crazy
    • DeviantArt - AnimalLarsen
    • Twitter - @musleh_yusef
  • Fursona Species: dog/wolf
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 11:44:58 am »
Well kinda, my fursona is a lot more outgoing than me and less shy towards new people, other then that we pretty much the same person.
#Ifeelpretty

Offline Julian Summers (Kin)

• Depressed Femboy Wolf
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 52
  • Femboy Wolf <3
    • DeviantArt - KinTheAlbinoLucario
    • FurAffinity - juliansummers
  • Fursona Species: Black Wolf
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 09:41:49 am »
Yeah. Julian is me in general. ^^
Its also the me that i have a hard time expressing... but it is me, just in furry version.
No internet. wont be on for a while.

Offline Dunessi

• God Tier Pessimist
  • Red Level
  • Loud and clear, now, 524
    • DeviantArt - KedamonoGaka
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 05:39:29 pm »
Darn it, I knew I should have chosen 3...

Offline Atte

• Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 9
  • Fursona Species: Eurasian Lynx
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2012, 06:15:20 pm »
My fursona is basically me, just in furry form. Of course being a character mostly existing in writing does make him less shy than I am in reality, among other minor differences...
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline copb.phoenix

• So long and goodnight
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 115
    • FurAffinity - copb_phoenix
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2012, 08:52:02 pm »
Given the MSLT test on this site by request some time ago, a (not so shocking) discovery was made about the people on this site. Extrapolation to a few people I knew that were willing to indulge me confirmed that's it's not completely isolated to younger members of the fandom, as this:

We are rife with Mary Sues and Marty Stus.

I am not an exception to this; actually, I score as an MS for all five of my main characters, including my three fursonas.

However, the takeaway, and what I want to point out: Our fursonas are not so much us as who we often wish we could be, and that's how it should be. I'd hate to think that a character created in a fandom about something originally called a "funny animal" wasn't made for fun, after all.
  • Flag - turing
  • Award - Beta Tester
Isn't this where...?

Offline Sufi

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 8
  • Fursona Species: Canine - German shepard
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2012, 04:31:05 pm »
yeah, pretty much :I

Offline XxDawnshadowxX

• Harvester of Figs
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 18
  • Die Welt braucht mehr OOMPH! (*´∀`*)
    • DeviantArt - XxDawnshadowxX
    • FurAffinity - XxDawnshadowxX
    • LiveJournal - XxDawnshadowxX
    • Twitter - xxdawnshadowxx
  • Fursona Species: Siamese cat
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2012, 09:42:01 pm »
My fursona, Dawnshadow is pretty much me anthropomorphized. She has my personality, likes, dislikes, beliefs, etc.
Though she's a tad more outgoing than I am, I mean at school I don't speak unless spoken to, and even then I'm really quiet. OTL

Offline Luisitop Lockat

• You must see... How dumb I am. ^u^;
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 11
  • Whatcha lookin at!? ¬¬
    • DeviantArt - Luisitop14
    • FurAffinity - Luisitop14
  • Fursona Species: Siamese Cat/Silver Fox Mix
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2012, 12:15:08 pm »
OH! I forgot to say an "extra" from Luisitop... He is psycho, something that I'm not. And he's a master of ranged weapons (guns, slingshot, bow, etc.). I think that's all.
Hey! I have a message from my life!! My past life~
"If your day starts good, Get ready because it may mess up at any moment" -Luisitop
Icon made by MistyTehCat

Offline Seth

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 50
    • DeviantArt - SethMongoose
    • FurAffinity - Safaia
  • Fursona Species: Yellow Mongoose/Reindeer Hybrid
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2012, 07:23:03 pm »
Yep. Seth is just my way of representing myself in the furry fandom.

Offline pleasedeleteaccount

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 7
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 03:11:02 pm »
It's definitely me, and changes as I change.

Offline willfordfox

• Fursona Species: Black fox
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 05:57:19 pm »
Yep my fursona is very much like me though im a bit more wild then what he is, so he is just me except calmer and a lot furryer

Offline Gribz

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 8
    • FurAffinity - Gribz
  • Fursona Species: Black Panther
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2012, 10:06:29 pm »
My fursona, Dawnshadow is pretty much me anthropomorphized. She has my personality, likes, dislikes, beliefs, etc.
Though she's a tad more outgoing than I am, I mean at school I don't speak unless spoken to, and even then I'm really quiet. OTL

How does an anthropomorphic human work?

I know what you mean by "anthropomorphized" but I couldn't help commenting... :twisted:
If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat them as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming.

We're not retreating, we're advancing in a different direction!

Offline Nael Oran

• That guy with the... thingy... you know...
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 18
  • Being a programmer is hard... But I'll get there.
    • DeviantArt - Nael-Oran
    • FurAffinity - Nael-Oran
    • Twitter - Nael Oran
  • Fursona Species: Silver Fox
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2012, 10:54:58 pm »
I would suppose my fursona was not me at first. In fact it was the explanation for the part of my personality i deemed as a split from my own. However, over time, i began to realize that i wasn't split, but messed up in a way. That hammered itself out so theres no need to think that deeply into it.

Now my fursona is me - just with a more exciting life. Im as different as i want to be, and i enjoy it. It shows the part that i am but hide under a happy affront. the part i keep from my parents and even from my girlfriend and best friends. However they are becoming more and more aware (at least my girlfriend and best friends are) of what im hiding. Not my fursona, but personality. I'm a brutal person because of my history, and i try and act "normal"* to cover that messed up part. But eventually ill act as i am once i'm free to do as i please (move out). My fursona will always be there with me however, even in old age. Ill just draw him older as i age!

and for the record, I often refer to my fursona as 'I', sugesting that he is me... which he is... to some extent.

*Normal according to society. Like anyone cares about THAT. 7.7
It seems like humans have forgotten that they are animals at heart... We furries awakened to that truth...

What could that mean?