Author Topic: Favorite Cartoon and Anime  (Read 13644 times)

Offline Larsen

• You could be next
  • Green Level
  • Candy: 21
  • I Want Crazy
    • DeviantArt - AnimalLarsen
    • Twitter - @musleh_yusef
  • Fursona Species: dog/wolf
Favorite Cartoon and Anime
« on: January 21, 2012, 09:59:51 pm »
My favorite cartoon would have to be Tom and Jerry, yeah a little old fashioned. And my favorite anime would be Dragon Ball GT. I haven't seen that many animes.
#Ifeelpretty

Offline Sly Shalashaska (Shinkawa)

• シャラシャーシカ
  • Green Level
  • Candy: 28
  • Sharashāshika actually
    • DeviantArt - SlyShalashaska
  • Fursona Species: Fox, Horse
Re: Favorite Cartoon and Anime
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 10:18:57 pm »
That's.... A really, REALLY hard choice.... Umm... Can I just say the looney tunes? xD I have been staying up to 4am just to watch them recently and I have been watching some old video tapes of them since I was like... 5... favorite anime, death note!
My growing obessision is my growing love.

Sly-fox-furry@gmail.com
No dashes in that ;D

Offline Blaidd

• Blue Level
  • Candy: 101
  • Fursona Species: a piece of fecal matter
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 10:20:10 pm »
Ahh geez, your talking to a cartton/animation enthusiast. I have so many favorites that I would hate to spam this thread with them all.

Here, let me just give you five random ones, in no particular order:

1. Adventure Time

2. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

3. Dragon Ball Z

4. Looney Tunes

5. Powerpuff Girls
  • Pronouns: They/Them He/Him

Offline ★ Panda ★

• ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
  • Retired Staff
  • Candy: 673
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 11:24:50 pm »
Well I don't really watch anime. I do like Hetalia, though. And of course, Pokemon /prepares for stereotypes

As far as cartoons go, my all-time favorite is Foster's home for imaginary friends. Also Flapjack and Chowder
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - aromantic
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

There’s a thing called love
That we all forget

Offline Blaidd

• Blue Level
  • Candy: 101
  • Fursona Species: a piece of fecal matter
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 12:02:09 am »
Well I don't really watch anime. I do like Hetalia, though. And of course, Pokemon /prepares for stereotypes

As far as cartoons go, my all-time favorite is Foster's home for imaginary friends. Also Flapjack and Chowder

The last three are ones are ones that make into my top favorites. Too bad they're not airing anymore...
  • Pronouns: They/Them He/Him

Offline TylerTiger

• Ninja
  • Orange Level
  • Candy: 5
  • I walk a lonely road. The only road Ive ever known
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 03:06:02 am »
Favorite cartoon, without a doubt Tom and Jerry! Favorite anime, um there are alot but the one that i watched all the way through and was sad to see end at only like 20 episodes would be Outlaw Star. :)
Wherever there is light...There are also shadows. So long as the concept of winners exists there must be losers.  The selfish idea of protecting peace brings about wars and hatred is born to protect love.  -Uchiha, Madara

Offline Gribz

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Orange Level
  • Candy: 8
    • FurAffinity - Gribz
  • Fursona Species: Black Panther
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 03:28:04 am »
My favorite cartoons are deffinatly Tom and Jerry and Family Guy. I don't realy watch anime, so of the two anime movies/shows I've watched Spirited Away was my favorite   :fox-:P:
If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat them as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming.

We're not retreating, we're advancing in a different direction!

Offline Max Wolfe

• Celestial Moon Guardian at your service
  • Red Level
  • Candy: 2
  • Rawr means "Don't make me bit you!" in Doganese
    • DeviantArt - MaxBWolfe
    • FurAffinity - MaxWolfe
    • Twitter - Max_B_Wolfe
  • Fursona Species: Azure Wusky(Blue furred Siberian Husky/Arctic Wolf)
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 05:27:00 am »
Of animes I've watched, I really loved Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood & Wolves Rain.

Of ones I currently watch, I like to watch Bleach and occasionally Naruto.

Not a whole lot of normal cartoons I genuinly enjoyed. I do like Phineas & Ferb.

Coolness

• シャラシャーシカ
  • Green Level
  • Sharashāshika actually
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 05:39:38 am »
I take it back, not looney tunes... But hakuna mattata! My absolute favorite show ever! And I have not once watched it in English :-p despite it originally being English... I watch it in German! Lol my Oma used to send me a tape every year :-)

Sly-fox-furry@gmail.com
No dashes in that ;D

Offline Drake (lachy385)

• Orange Level
  • Candy: 6
  • I come from a land down under & I love you Sly <3
    • FurAffinity - lachy385
  • Fursona Species: wolf/fox
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 06:25:24 am »
That's.... A really, REALLY hard choice.... Umm... Can I just say the looney tunes? xD I have been staying up to 4am just to watch them recently and I have been watching some old video tapes of them since I was like... 5... favorite anime, death note!
Looney tunes, my favorite
In cartoon wise I like the weekly update of a furry cartoon: http://furthiahigh.concessioncomic.com

Offline St. Thomas Equinas

• The Misanthropic Philosofur
  • Orange Level
  • Candy: 10
  • We're all born to die...so start dying, all of ya!
    • FurAffinity - VictorDietrich
    • LiveJournal - Victor Dietrich
  • Fursona Species: North American River Otter
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 08:38:21 am »
My top cartoons:

5. Adventure Time: I like it alright; it's not the best show ever but it has some funny moments and characters. Especially Ice King, he's freaking hilarious!

4. Tom and Jerry: A classic show that I couldn't avoid putting on this list. As I get older and older, however, the appeal of the slapstick wears off and, although Tom and Jerry has probably the best slapstick in any cartoon, I just find that it doesn't offer a whole lot outside the basic premise.

3. Regular Show: I like this show because it passes itself off as a children's show and still manages to slip swearwords, innuendos, character injuries and deaths and a lot of adult-themed content passed the censors. I don't know why, but it cracks me up to hear the characters saying 'pissed' and 'crap' on a show rated TV-PG. Anyway, this show is both very random and cohesive, it manages to hold together and not get lost in the crazy antics that many of the newer Cartoon Network shows do, and it's just a fun show to watch.

2. (Old) Looney Tunes: Not that new show on Cartoon Network (although it's alright); Looney Tunes of course had to be up high on my list. It's like Tom and Jerry but with dialogue and more cleverness than just slapstick and, coupled with good animation, it's one of the best cartoons to ever be produced in my opinion. While it does fall victim to a bit of bad material (a bit being the key), it always manages to keep me laughing. I also like how it focuses on a bunch of different characters and scenarios instead of just sticking to the same scheme like Tom and Jerry.

1. Penguins of Madagascar: Yeah. I love this show. The only good thing Nick has made since Spongebob Squarepants (which as of around 2007 officially died) and Fairly OddParents, Penguins of Madagascar, unlike most of the new shows bombarding the airways, actually had a cohesive idea of what it was trying to accomplish and stuck to it, providing a suprisingly realistic experience despite the fact that it contains talking animals and penguins that possess technology that is capable of destroying the world. The show is way better than the movies, all of the penguins are likeable and funny, the animation is very good and the voice acting is top-notch. My personal favorite cartoon ever.

The only anime show I ever really watch is Teen Titans and they hardly ever show that anymore. I'm just not a huge anime fan.
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!

Offline zspartancats

• Spartan
  • Blue Level
  • Candy: 59
  • I AM A RHINO!
    • DeviantArt - zspartancats
    • FurAffinity - zspartancats
    • LiveJournal - zspartancats
  • Fursona Species: Rhino
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 11:03:06 am »
My favorite cartoon would be Rugrats. Most of today's cartoons are horrid *Cough Cartoon networkCough*

Favorite anime would be a tie between Gundam 00 or Full metal alchemist

Offline Seth

• Blue Level
  • Candy: 50
    • DeviantArt - SethMongoose
    • FurAffinity - Safaia
  • Fursona Species: Yellow Mongoose/Reindeer Hybrid
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 12:51:29 pm »
My favorite anime is definitely One Piece. If any older members were wondering, I'm still totally obsessed with that.

Favorite cartoon is a little harder...My favorite was probably Camp Lazlo. As far as I know, I'm like the only person who even liked that show, but I loved it.

• Orange Level
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 12:58:27 pm »
My favorite anime is definitely One Piece. If any older members were wondering, I'm still totally obsessed with that.

Favorite cartoon is a little harder...My favorite was probably Camp Lazlo. As far as I know, I'm like the only person who even liked that show, but I loved it.

OMG someone else knows Camp Lazlo? I loved that show when I was younger...it doesn't really leave much of an impact when I watch it today, but back then it was probably my favorite!

• シャラシャーシカ
  • Green Level
  • Sharashāshika actually
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 01:07:05 pm »

FFFUUUUU- I have not watched any of those CN shows in like... Years... Stupid pay TV crap... Camp lazlo used to be a favorite of mine until one day it started creeping me out... Don't know why, it just does...

Sly-fox-furry@gmail.com
No dashes in that ;D

Offline Rizzan

• Life is like a dissembled abacus...
  • Yellow Level
  • Candy: 17
  • ..it's what you make of it that counts.
    • FurAffinity - rizzan
  • Fursona Species: Gryphon
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 01:13:52 pm »
My fav cartoon would have to be, ah let me see if I had to choose I would have to say either family guy or American dad atm though when I was younger my fav was the looney toons for sure. Cliche I know. Anime would be Evangeline I just really enjoyed that anime a close close second would have to be Death Note though.
Avi done by Five.

Offline Sheebs

• Yellow Level
  • Candy: 18
  • and now for my disappearing act...
  • Fursona Species: Indigo Bunting
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 06:11:44 pm »
For anime I'm mixed between FLCL and Natsume Yujin-cho.
For cartoons I'd say either Doug or Adventure Time, they're both random and entertaining.
  • Pride Flag - transgender

Offline Toranar

• He who falls from walls
  • Retired Staff
  • Candy: 37
  • Pic by Princess Rei
    • FurAffinity - Toranar
  • Fursona Species: Manx Loaghtan Sheep
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 06:19:40 pm »
Cartoon would have to be digimon, I still have the movie on vhs..
Anime would probably be Gundam wing, though I still wish I could watch it again from start to finish as I've forgotten most of it now :P
  • Site Donor
"The townspeople need you, they've been sad for a while
They march around, faces frown and never seem to smile
And if you feel like helping, we'd appreciate a loooooot
If you get up there and spread some cheer from here to Canterlooooooot!"- Applejack's best line ever. And my favorite song line.

• Orange Level
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 06:40:05 pm »

FFFUUUUU- I have not watched any of those CN shows in like... Years... Stupid pay TV crap... Camp lazlo used to be a favorite of mine until one day it started creeping me out... Don't know why, it just does...

You know, as odd as it sounds, I feel the same about Camp Lazlo becoming creepy. The later episodes began to show the characters in their underwear and naked fairly often and combined with the...'odd' animation, it kind of disturbed me as a kid.

Offline Wolf12

• Life is just a dream it's never ending.
  • Green Level
  • Candy: 30
  • I'm not okay I'm crazy!!!!!!!
    • FurAffinity - bangwolf
  • Fursona Species: Gray Wolf
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 11:35:22 pm »
My favorite cartoon is futurama.
My favorite anime is yu yu hakusho. I wish adult swim would air this show again.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 11:41:28 pm by wolf12 »
All you base are belong to Wolf.
it's in the fine print.

my icon is done by Manicsfan.