Author Topic: Rabid Grannies Review  (Read 338 times)

Offline St. Thomas Equinas

• The Misanthropic Philosofur
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 10
  • We're all born to die...so start dying, all of ya!
    • FurAffinity - VictorDietrich
    • LiveJournal - Victor Dietrich
  • Fursona Species: North American River Otter
Rabid Grannies Review
« on: January 31, 2012, 02:22:27 pm »
Hi there, time for another b-movie review! It's a short one today but what a movie, seriously, what do you think when you hear 'Rabid Grannies'? If you read my last review of Poultrygeist, I'll go ahead and tell you right now that it's from the same folks, so that reveals quite a bit about the movie right there. It's not a musical this time, but it's almost equally as weird.

So the plot I guess is that these two old aunts (NOT grannies!) are having a birthday feast and are inviting a bunch of their family members (including colorful characters such as a pair of lesbians, a gun salesman, a cowardly priest etc.) over to celebrate. The only thing the family members care about, however, is getting the rich aunts' fortune, so as you'd expect, the entire cast is a bunch of complete jerks who are gruesomly picked off one by one. Anyway, some cousin who no one likes leaves a present outside and when the aunts open it, some magic crap happens and turns them into strange demon-like creatures, who begin to tear through the guests like a hot knife through butter.

This movie has a strange premise but plays out like most other slasher films with a little black humor thrown in; the bad characters get what's coming to them and a few of the characters do actually develop as the movie progresses (character development in a slasher flick!?) although most of them die; I won't spoil any suprises though.

This movie is reccomended for anyone who likes slasher movies, especially weird ones. The special effects are bad but it is just so eccentric that you can't help but get into it. As expected, most of the actors are bad but a few are decent, it's just like any other low budget horror flick. Thank you for reading, enjoy if you decide to check it out!  :lol-fox:
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!