Author Topic: The Maze Runner  (Read 374 times)

Offline Max Wolfe

• Celestial Moon Guardian at your service
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • Rawr means "Don't make me bit you!" in Doganese
    • DeviantArt - MaxBWolfe
    • FurAffinity - MaxWolfe
    • Twitter - Max_B_Wolfe
  • Fursona Species: Azure Wusky(Blue furred Siberian Husky/Arctic Wolf)
The Maze Runner
« on: February 01, 2012, 06:34:46 pm »
This is the first book in a three part series: The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials, and The Death Cure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Maze_Runner

It's sort of a sci-fi dystopian type book set in a giant maze protected from a seemingly ravaged world outside.

It starts of in the middle of the maze; a sanctury known as the Glade. A boy wakes up in a dark room that is moving up. He's completly wiped of his memories except for the workings of the world and his first name- Thomas. Soon, he is greeted by a a bunch of boys that live in the Maze with no memories known as the Gladers.
He quickly learns that for two years, the Gladers have been trying to find an exit in the maze- and it seems like there isn't one. Through his days there, he goes through many crazy events and has strong desire to be a Runner in the Maze. As he goes on, he gets closer and closer to thinking that the Maze is unsolvable.

Anyways, I personally enjoyed it. Throughout it, it kept me in suspense- and in confusion- making me just like I was Thomas, having no idea what's going on. It has a great plotline, plus the fact that you never had a clue just completly what ws going on. It has a lot of twists and turns as I read it- things that suprised me. Another fun part of the book was that the Gladers had their own slang terms: Shank, shuck, shuck-face. klunk, slinthead. and so on. It is an exciting read to be had, and if your like I am, it'll keep you guessing... if you know what I mean.

Coolness