Author Topic: "good" modern r&b singers  (Read 680 times)

Offline riccardo romano

• I'll try pretty much anything once.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 16
  • then then go again just for a laugh.
    • DeviantArt - riccardo-tiger
    • FurAffinity - /riccardo/
  • Fursona Species: Siberian tiger
"good" modern r&b singers
« on: March 04, 2012, 02:49:11 pm »
hello there,
I am looking to see if anyone knows of any "good" modern r&b singers. I only know of one, and that is the singer ne-yo. when I say a "good r&b singer I mean there is emotion and not just partying and slow rap (all some R&b tracks are now days). but something with decent emotions in every song, which is why I don't like some r&b tracks for anything more then a feel good song. but I am wanting to find modern r&b love songs that have true emotion.
“Maybe that’s enlightenment enough: to know that there is no final resting place of the mind; no moment of smug clarity. Perhaps wisdom...is realizing how small I am, and unwise, and how far I have yet to go. -Anthony Bourdain”
R/T

Offline Nyogo

• Candies: 0
  • Fursona Species: Mewtwo
Re: "good" modern r&b singers
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 11:43:45 pm »
Hey! Yes, it's pretty non existant to find any rnb singers that create music filled with feeling now days. The only one I'm keeping track of at the moment is B. Howard. Here's a song of his.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_uf_LcXHog

Even Ne-yo is loosing his touch with all the dumb eurodance stuff he's putting out recently.

Offline riccardo romano

• I'll try pretty much anything once.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 16
  • then then go again just for a laugh.
    • DeviantArt - riccardo-tiger
    • FurAffinity - /riccardo/
  • Fursona Species: Siberian tiger
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 03:05:42 am »
I am pretty cool with techno and trust me. that was not techno. it was piano that was put through auto-tune. however you are right. the flashier beat are not of his typical lead singer style. but in my mind. it is just him doing something more modern, his seems to have his style largely intact tho. as for B. Howard. this sounds like you crossed a mike Jackson song and a Luther Ingram song. it sounds good. but it sounds old. I like it. might look into this guy.
“Maybe that’s enlightenment enough: to know that there is no final resting place of the mind; no moment of smug clarity. Perhaps wisdom...is realizing how small I am, and unwise, and how far I have yet to go. -Anthony Bourdain”
R/T

Offline Nyogo

• Candies: 0
  • Fursona Species: Mewtwo
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 10:38:08 am »
Check out B. Howard some more. He's got a lot more variety than what's in his Crush song. Here's something modern sounding from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v83oCZ4AKc0

I like the electronic beats as well, but the problem is, I don't hear any good melodies to go along with the beats. It seems like music is getting worse and worse on the radio.

Offline ArtiLove

• Green Level
  • Candies: 55
  • Oh lo lo do I love you.
    • Twitter - SuperArtiLove
  • Fursona Species: Arctic River Otter
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 11:35:30 am »
Ummmmm Beyonce.  :P
Remember that smile, the one you wore with such beauty and grace?  Where has it gone?  What has happened to put you in this miserable, lonely place?  Smile for me, even it may be the last time I see.  A picture I will take not for myself, no. A picture for the entire world to embrace the happiness you once shared with me.  Just smile...