Author Topic: Project X  (Read 1141 times)

Offline NightF0x

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 178
Project X
« on: March 05, 2012, 10:42:33 pm »
I don't even know where to start. This is one of those movies that will be remembered on the same level as "The Hangover" or "Superbad", it's just one of those movies that I promise will become integrated into the teenage culture. The movie has a plot that I enjoyed, but I don't think older people would enjoy. I thought the cinematography was so good, it felt as though you were at Thomas' party!!! The movie revolved around a group of social outcasts who celebrate their friend Thomas' birthday while his parents are out of town. They shoot to have the biggest party of all time, and they do succeed at it! The movie then takes you through the party as the night goes on, and you feel as though as you're there partying with everyone. The party then proceeds into total anarchy ending with the neighborhood literally burning down. This is an EXTREMELY watered down summary of the plot, I did not want to spoil some things that made the movie what it is. I personally give this movie a 9/10, in my opinion this movie was WAY superior to Superbad in many ways! If you're a parent or an older person though, this movie is a total nightmare for you, because it basically shows how to throw a massive party while your parents are out of town.
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
Re: Project X
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 12:18:18 pm »
I just saw this recently. I think you're right in saying that it is similar Superbad, except I actually thought it WAS super bad. Probably one of the worst films I've had the displeasure of seeing in quite a while. It lacks all of the charisma of other films within its genre, is pretty predictable and is generally vile. Definitely a film I regret seeing.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:20:13 pm by Gage »
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline NightF0x

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 178
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 01:58:54 am »
I just saw this recently. I think you're right in saying that it is similar Superbad, except I actually thought it WAS super bad. Probably one of the worst films I've had the displeasure of seeing in quite a while. It lacks all of the charisma of other films within its genre, is pretty predictable and is generally vile. Definitely a film I regret seeing.
I don't know about it being the worst film ever. Compared to Superbad, this film won in my book! The visuals and the party feel was simply AMAZING! The only downside to the movie I'd say is all the publicity it has caused in the past month. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1y9J6nP6DU I think Warner Bros. should have expected teenagers to imitate this movie.
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 01:39:56 pm »
I don't know about it being the worst film ever. Compared to Superbad, this film won in my book! The visuals and the party feel was simply AMAZING! The only downside to the movie I'd say is all the publicity it has caused in the past month. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1y9J6nP6DU I think Warner Bros. should have expected teenagers to imitate this movie.
But I didn't say that it was the worst film ever. I did however acknowledge that I disliked the film and considered it to be one of the worst I had seen in quite a while. While there were some positive aspects such as the decent cinematography and a few jokes which produced some chuckles. I ultimately disliked the film because I detested the three main characters, the plot's narrative, and the fact that I think it lacks the amount of humour and charisma seen within other films belonging to its genre. And yes, I also think the film seems to encourage extremely reckless and anti-social behaviour towards a highly impressionable audience.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 05:36:51 pm by Gage »
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Larsen

• You could be next
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 21
  • I Want Crazy
    • DeviantArt - AnimalLarsen
    • Twitter - @musleh_yusef
  • Fursona Species: dog/wolf
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 12:29:58 am »
This movie looked like the average *party* movie with tits and alcohol. I can watch that on the internet for free. So I never really bothered to see this movie.
#Ifeelpretty