Author Topic: Iron Sky  (Read 405 times)

Offline Stail

• The official FT smart-ass
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 1
  • Yes. Quite.
  • Fursona Species: Arctic Wolf
Iron Sky
« on: April 06, 2012, 03:11:05 am »
 I recently watched Iron Sky, because it was made by the same guys who made another very good movie (Star Wreck). The concept was awesome to me from the first day I heard about it(c'mon, Nazis from the moon!)
 The movie begins in 2018 where the president of the US sent two astronauts to the moon with banners to get her re-elected. The president's name is not mentioned, but it's pretty clearly Sarah Palin, which explains a lot. The astronauts also have another secret mission, to find helium-3, a fuel that could supply the US with energy for a thousand years. One of the astronauts find a huge mine, and big tanks full of the fuel. Suddenly he is shot, the other astronaut is taken into a huge base on the moon, and their moon lander is blown up. It turns out that in 1945, the Nazis fled to the moon, where they build a base and ships, and haven't been back to Earth since. Now, they're going to take over the Earth with their ships.
 The movie is very professionally made, and entertained me as much as the duo's previous movie, Star Wreck. The movie being a Finnish production probably biases my rating a little, but I still recommend it to anyone who likes sci-fi, comedy, or both. The humor might not appeal to everyone, but I thought it was hilarious. I'll give this movie a solid 9/10.

I think a movie must be pretty good if the audience applauds twice during it?
If I make a bad joke,remember to laugh sarcastically so that I may do the same.