Author Topic: COD: MW Guns  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Kallen

• Novice Bard.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candy: 21
  • Powered by caffeine
  • Fursona Species: Red fox
COD: MW Guns
« on: April 09, 2012, 10:31:57 am »
There are no "noob" weapons on call of duty games, I will admit some weapons are easier to use than others, but all of the guns are valid choices.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:00:22 pm by Hale Laocon »
Don't push the panic button.

Offline Teemo

• Size doesn't mean everything you know!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candy: 25
  • Captain Teemo On Duty!
  • Fursona Species: Yordle
Re: Re: Unpopular Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 09:25:08 pm »
There are no "noob" weapons on call of duty games, I will admit some weapons are easier to use than others, but all of the guns are valid choices.

I disagree.
When I say a weapon is a "Noob" weapon, I'm saying it in the sense that it can make any player look "Good".
There are power weapons in each class that are so far superior, that using anything else is putting yourself at a disadvantage.
MW3 Examples: ACR. MP7. RSASS. USAS12. Won't bother mentioning a heavy, considering they're all outclassed.
MW2 Examples: SCAR-H. UMP45.
Black Ops Examples: Famas. AK47-U.
World at War Example: MP-40. Everything else was pretty balanced, and all preference.

All of these weapons are easy to pick up, and are much more powerful then they need to be.
Look at any pro-play, and the weapons they use. They will all be those weapons listed.
Easy. Power. Noobish.
Not every weapon is a valid choice for everyone. Or most of the CoD players out there.
Look at the MK14. 2 Shots at almost all ranged. One shot to the head at close to mid range. Semi-Automatic, no fire cap. Clearly a broken weapon, but seldom used. Why? Because people would rather use an ACR, with Kick and a Suppressor, so that even if they have horrid accuracy, they still wont miss.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 09:28:24 pm by Teemo »
♠♣Never underestimate the power of the scouts code♦♥
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTs0xdeMRDI
Though he is known as the Swift Scout, it is clear that Teemo is actually something else - the unrepentant assassin of Bandle City

Offline Kallen

• Novice Bard.
  • Yellow Level
  • Powered by caffeine
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 09:43:44 pm »

I disagree.
When I say a weapon is a "Noob" weapon, I'm saying it in the sense that it can make any player look "Good".
There are power weapons in each class that are so far superior, that using anything else is putting yourself at a disadvantage.
MW3 Examples: ACR. MP7. RSASS. USAS12. Won't bother mentioning a heavy, considering they're all outclassed.
MW2 Examples: SCAR-H. UMP45.
Black Ops Examples: Famas. AK47-U.
World at War Example: MP-40. Everything else was pretty balanced, and all preference.

All of these weapons are easy to pick up, and are much more powerful then they need to be.
Look at any pro-play, and the weapons they use. They will all be those weapons listed.
Easy. Power. Noobish.
Not every weapon is a valid choice for everyone. Or most of the CoD players out there.
Look at the MK14. 2 Shots at almost all ranged. One shot to the head at close to mid range. Semi-Automatic, no fire cap. Clearly a broken weapon, but seldom used. Why? Because people would rather use an ACR, with Kick and a Suppressor, so that even if they have horrid accuracy, they still wont miss.

I don't know, quite a few of those guns I don't use becouse they simply don't match my personal play style such as the SCAR-H from MW2 for example, I don't think it's a noob gun, becouse not everyone can pick it up and be good with it, like alot of people think its just that the majority of players can. I myself am quite partial to pistols as my general weapons of choice, generally less powerful ones, such as the USP.45.

Offline Cyberus

• Red Level
  • Candy: 6
    • FurAffinity - Cyberus
  • Fursona Species: Canine/Feline Cross?
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 09:48:12 pm »
^I would have to say though that a silenced mk14 generally won't take down a helicopter in one mag, but it does (with the perk of course, and that might just be me) and pistols are amazingly overpowered, except for the DE as it can't shoot anything

On topic: Otherwise can't remember if i posted, but i would have to say bc hst should be reinstated rather than using gst and pst
Atempting to post again

Offline Varlen

• So Amaze, Such
  • Retired Staff
  • Candy: 103
  • FTS RESODENT WIERDO SMILE DOOER.
  • Awards:
    Flag - banana
  • Fursona Species: El Skunko!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 12:39:47 pm »
This discussion belongs in the gaming board guys.
  • Award - Beta Tester
Var's Vid of the Week:
Week 13, AK Underwater. If you have any suggestions for the Vid of the Week, pm me! ^.^

Offline Teemo

• Yellow Level
  • Captain Teemo On Duty!
Re: mwf noob gunzz
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 04:11:30 pm »
^I'd agree if it continued to be a conversation.
It was just two opinions otherwise, not needing its own thread.
:T

V And now it is. Preemptive strike.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 05:15:28 pm by Teemo »
Though he is known as the Swift Scout, it is clear that Teemo is actually something else - the unrepentant assassin of Bandle City

Offline Kallen

• Novice Bard.
  • Yellow Level
  • Powered by caffeine
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 05:10:08 pm »

and pistols are amazingly overpowered, except for the DE as it can't shoot anything

[/quote]

How are pistols in anyway over powered?

Offline Teemo

• Yellow Level
  • Captain Teemo On Duty!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 05:17:05 pm »
And USP.45 is the best pistol in game akimbo'd. Less powerful my arse.
That quick, always lunge stab.
Hnnnnng.

Not to mention its stupidly accurate. It's by far the best pistol. :T

Offline Kallen

• Novice Bard.
  • Yellow Level
  • Powered by caffeine
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 05:32:04 pm »
And USP.45 is the best pistol in game akimbo'd. Less powerful my arse.
That quick, always lunge stab.
Hnnnnng.

Not to mention its stupidly accurate. It's by far the best pistol. :T

um try again, it's damage is miniscule, and I hate using it akimbo, the only good thing about it is it's accuracy.

Offline Teemo

• Yellow Level
  • Captain Teemo On Duty!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 05:38:50 pm »
If damage is what makes a gun powerful to you, then I suggest you try the Desert Eagle.
Good luck hitting anyone not 2 feet in front of you.

Offline Kallen

• Novice Bard.
  • Yellow Level