Author Topic: Do you keep your fursona to yourself?  (Read 11439 times)

Offline Piper The Wolf

• Friendly Wolf ^^
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Wolf forever
    • DeviantArt - Piperpiper7
    • FurAffinity - Piperpiper7
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: Do you keep your fursona to yourself?
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2013, 09:02:18 pm »
It's pretty weird how oblivious my friends are about the obvious giveaways on my computer, lol
Piper~Wolf

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 143
  • The Roo abides
    • FurAffinity - drakethefox
  • Fursona Species: Foxaroo
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2013, 10:47:59 pm »
Nope, everybody gets to see my fursona every Tuesday at 10pm on FX
  • Pronouns: him
We breathe in the heat of the eternal flame, the warmth of desert sands.
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.
We are enveloped in the radiance of the cosmos.
And we are the center, the bridge between realms.

Offline CyanBlitz

• Red Level
  • I'm sure if serious or not... :p
    • DeviantArt - K1337NESS
    • FurAffinity - CyanBlitz
    • Twitter - CyanBlitz
  • Fursona Species: Thylacine
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2013, 09:56:04 pm »
No, I basically use my fursona to represent me in every picture I draw "myself" in and I have a lot of picture of her hanging in my room at home and work station at school.
~                                       \¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸ ...¸.¤\
                                          \.FURRY 4 LIFE! ~ \
                                           .\¸.¤*¨¨*¤ .¸¸.¸.¤*
                                              \
                                            ☻/
                                            /▌
                                            / \ FURRY PRIDE METER:██████████████████████OVER9000%

Offline Fahxstream

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 4
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2013, 10:27:16 pm »
I've not mentioned it to anyone off the internet. I'd rather they didn't know really, their reaction wouldn't be good.

Offline Swift the Panther

• If you follow my advice you're either incredibly courageous or an incredible idiot.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Fursona Species: Panther
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2013, 10:35:16 pm »
Sister: Hey [my name], your a furry or some shit, right?
Me: Yup.
Sister: Do you have a fursona?
Me: Yup
Sister: Can I see a picture of it?
Me: *shows her picture*
Sister: That's cool I guess. *she resumes interneting*

...and that about sums that up. (true story, word for word)
Dear all,
I am no longer active on this site and would ask that none of you send friend requests/chat invites/etc. to whatever account of mine you may find. Thank you.

Offline DakotaLandon

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 10
  • I love to cuddle!
  • Fursona Species: canine mix
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2014, 07:22:36 pm »
I'm new to the furry fandom so I haven't had time to tell anyone. At first I was very excited (I still am) and I felt like I could be open about it, but then I had to remind myself that I shouldn't do anything while excited before calming down and thinking about how people would react. I forgot for a moment that there's people who think down on furries... but in ways that are a bit harsh. My mom thinks furries are either just children, and that furry adults are either mentally disabled or lazy losers. I tried to explain to her otherwise but it was difficult. However, that isn't the worst of it. She's just ignorant and uninformed... but there are others out there who are really mean. I haven't been bullied since junior high, but after joining the furry fandom, I realized that the bullying may not be gone for good. I surround myself with kind open-minded people as friends, so I'm not worried about them knowing, but there are other people in the world I might have to deal with. So, I'm totally for being proud and telling the world, however, after seeing some anti-furry videos on youtube, I'm kind of scared. Some of those people seem so violent! Sorry if this sounds a bit negative. I know its easy to just pretend those people don't exist, but they DO exist and while it might be easy for you to ignore the things they say, imagine them saying those things to a close friend. Wouldn't you want to stick up for them, and for all the people who don't have a friend to stick up for them? Its terrible being alone, and some people DO feel hurt by bullying. It may be scary but we have to stick up for ourselves, and not just on a site where we are all furries... but out in the world where there are mean people too. So what I'm getting at is, I'm totally fine talking about it, telling my friends, talking to other furries, or even dealing with weird looks out in the streets, but I'm also a little scared about what some extreme people are like, and I don't want them to push anyone into hiding for being themselves. The bullies cannot win, nor can we sit back and ignore the pain they cause others, especially those who may need someone to stick up for them.
I've grown a lot since I last had to deal with bullying. The human brain develops until you're in your twenties, so I still continue to develop, but the fact is that right now I am much different than when I was bullied as a preteen, so I might be able to handle it better. But since it hasn't happened in a while, I'm not sure. All I remember is that it DID hurt, and it DID affect me. Hopefully I am stronger now and will be able to deal with any hurdles, but even better, I shouldn't have to. This is a wonderful thing. No one should be bullied over it.
But since many people simply don't know much about furries, I'll have to sit them down and explain. Well, my family mostly. They should probably learn more about it. And my brother's family (my brother and I aren't biologically related, he has a different family) and if they know I'm a furry, they might disapprove. They already discriminate against me because of my age, gender expression, and sexuality (or what they THINK my sexuality is) so I don't want them to dislike me any more and keep me from my brother. Although sadly, I don't get to see him much... but that's something for a different topic.
DΩL

Offline Faithfull

• Always give %100
  • Candies: 329
  • Unless your giving blood. Save some for me, geeze.
  • Fursona Species: Vamperic Tiger
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2014, 07:26:46 pm »
I share him where ever i can!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 09:24:49 pm by Faithfulswordsman »
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon 1/2 by Serana, 1/2 myself
⥿

Offline Akio Leopard

• ^~^
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 63
  • Icon by Ziggyzoom
    • DeviantArt - AkioLeopard
    • FurAffinity - AkioLeopard
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2014, 08:29:54 pm »
For the most part I do. I have my fursona set as my phone's background, but not many people other than me ever use my phone. I've told a couple of my friends I'm a furry, but they haven't ever asked about it or seemed interested whatsoever, so I haven't shown them Akio. The only non furry who knows what my fursona looks like is my cousin, and that's because we share everything. So I don't really hide my fursona, I'm just not showing him to people who don't ask to see him, and so far no one has asked :/
Feel free to PM me or message me on Skype. I like to talk, and as long as I'm not busy I'm happy to chat anytime :lol-fox:
(But I'm kind of awkward so you'll have to message me first)

~I don't even know what I was gonna put here~

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2014, 08:51:19 pm »
i wear a bracelet with his colors and i have showed a friend some art i have of him. so, kinda
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline ZhenraKhal (Lucas)

• Red Level
  • Candies: 12
  • May the bridges I burn light my way
    • DeviantArt - ZhenraKhal
    • FurAffinity - ZhenraKhal
    • My DeviantArt
  • Fursona Species: Skalebroniir (Draconic Humanoid)
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2014, 08:58:33 pm »
I don't tell any of my family, but here i'm open about it because everyone here knows what it's like. so.

Offline Cuddleson

• Hey, you. You're perfect just the way you are. Don't let anyone make think otherwise. <3
  • Red Level
  • I want to cuddle you and keep you warm.
  • Fursona Species: Panda
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2014, 09:30:19 pm »
I keep it to myself except on here. But I made a bracelet with his favorite colors
I sell free hugs. The best hugs on the market. You'll love every purchase guaranteed or your money back. I deliver and cater for parties. Make your order now and feel the cuddles! :D

Offline Alsend Drake

• "I'm really feeling it!"
  • Green Level
  • We eat ham and jam and spamalot!
    • DeviantArt - DoomedFateAxion
    • FurAffinity - alsenddrake
  • Fursona Species: Dragon or Fox or Raccoon or Chakat
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2014, 07:53:00 pm »
Ive been wearing my badge i commisioned at nebcon from fir3h34rt to school after i moved it to the lanyard i got from the thespian festivle i went to, so yes, alsend gets face time. Plus i drew him in art as part of an assiment to draw myself as a superhero, and Earthroll recently appeared in a piece where I had a snowman in formalwear, aka phoenix wrights suit, as a prosecutor, and shi objected that it was Wright. I gotta draw Objection! AND Take That!
Patching the roof, and pitching the hay, is NOT my idea of a perfect day.
'Cause I'm extraordinary, I gotta do extraordinary things!

Offline _Braz_

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 13
  • 2 rules to live by: Love anime and Stay Furry ;p
    • DeviantArt - Duvall1997
    • FurAffinity - Braz
  • Fursona Species: Fox (yellow)
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2014, 11:26:24 am »
I'm very quiet about it, the only person who knows other than those in the fandom is my best friend, and she's really good about it, but I feel like some of my friends are fairly accepting of it even though I haven't directly told them because one time I forgot to delete some furry pics on my phone and I gave them my phone and they saw it and they were really surprised to lay the least, but they seemed to understand and didn't go making fun of me for it, but i'm still nervous to actually tell anyone else :p
There’s no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don’t exist. Sacrifices are necessary; you can’t gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you’ll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah… a heart made fullmetal. -Edward Elric, The Fullmetal Alchemist

Offline GrayWolf

• A lone wolf, but one with many friends.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 35
  • Love is not life; love enhances life~Green Fairy
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2014, 11:32:07 am »
I came up with my fursona about several months ago, and I've never told anyone about it, because doing that would be kinda complicated. Don't u agree? :fox-:):
I consider myself a lone wolf, but I don't mind a friend or two to talk with. I also happen to be a writer.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

Offline _Braz_

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 13
  • 2 rules to live by: Love anime and Stay Furry ;p
    • DeviantArt - Duvall1997
    • FurAffinity - Braz
  • Fursona Species: Fox (yellow)
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2014, 11:40:15 am »
I came up with my fursona about several months ago, and I've never told anyone about it, because doing that would be kinda complicated. Don't u agree? :fox-:):
I agree, the person I told only knows i'm a fur, she doesn't know that i'm into the fandom and I have a fursona and all that, it would be pretty hard to explain :? you're not alone there
There’s no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don’t exist. Sacrifices are necessary; you can’t gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you’ll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah… a heart made fullmetal. -Edward Elric, The Fullmetal Alchemist

Offline Hesher the Hash Slinging Slasher

• Red Level
  • Candies: 6
  • I'm just a smol gay pony
    • FurAffinity - DanniHusky
    • Twitter - neilyung2003
  • Fursona Species: Horse
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2014, 05:26:47 pm »
My friends are sick of seeing/ hearing about him, so, yeah. #norlfurryfriends
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline DakotaLandon

• Orange Level
  • I love to cuddle!
  • Fursona Species: canine mix
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2014, 01:19:09 am »
I'm cool with saying I'm a furry and I've done it a few times already with some people I know but I usually keep the Dakota part to myself. Although, I might tell them more if they wanted to know. But no one really asks. They just ask what a furry is and that's all. But I did write 'DΩL' a few times out in public. I used it to sign these two drawings I made and I also wrote it on the back of a group paper in class we had to turn in. I knew no one would know that it was my fursona's initials which is why I was fine writing it. I like being secretive like that :) Plus whenever I do no one seems to care so I don't think anyone will try to figure out what it means. Plus, I wouldn't care if they did.
I am Dakota Omega Landon and I am fine and open about it on this website. In real life I don't make it so public but if someone asked, I'd probably be fine with telling them anything they wanted to know (depending on who's asking). I mean, I might just say I'm Dakota and leave out the middle and last name... I don't know. No one's ever asked.
DΩL

Offline End

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 406
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2014, 01:00:54 pm »
I like to share the design of my fursona to others (like drawings, paintings, and what not) but I prefer not to have others know of her biography unless they ask for it (it's kinda dark and really long)

Offline badwolf

• Red Level
  • Candies: 4
  • Fursona Species: wolf
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2014, 01:15:04 pm »
Nobody knows outside of this forum, I'm just not sure if I'm ready to tell anyone.  My older sister would probably understand, and my parents wouldn't hate me, but it would definitely strain our relationship, and my semi-kind-of-sort-of girlfriend would be really weirded out... I don't know whether to tell anyone or not...  :starwars: its a battle ;-)  see what I did there?
"What if I don't like the color?"

Avatar by Danni! Thank you!!! :)

Offline Strudle

• Red Level
  • Candies: 5
  • hyper is the only word i need to describe my self
    • Twitter - strudle206
  • Fursona Species: doggoat
does anyone know you are a furry
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2014, 11:46:33 am »
just wanna see if people are shy or proud relly