Author Topic: Do you keep your fursona to yourself?  (Read 11451 times)

Offline _Braz_

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 13
  • 2 rules to live by: Love anime and Stay Furry ;p
    • DeviantArt - Duvall1997
    • FurAffinity - Braz
  • Fursona Species: Fox (yellow)
Re: does anyone know you are a furry
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2014, 12:10:58 pm »
I've openly told my ex-girlfriend (she's also my best friend) another friend who I don't really know (I asked her unbiased opinion on someone wearing collars because I want one) and 2 friends that accidentally found out when they saw a few...furry pictures...on my phone, but I don't think that they really know :p people are very judgement all at my school and in my town in general :( so no, I'm not really an open furry, although it would be nice to be one haha
There’s no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don’t exist. Sacrifices are necessary; you can’t gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you’ll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah… a heart made fullmetal. -Edward Elric, The Fullmetal Alchemist

Offline Deku64

• Archduke of Videogames
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 24
  • Faceroll is always an option.
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2014, 12:12:48 pm »
My older brother, and a couple of my friends that are also furries know that I am one.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
If you don't know what to do, press all the buttons and something is bound to happen.

Offline Strudle

• Red Level
  • Candies: 5
  • hyper is the only word i need to describe my self
    • Twitter - strudle206
  • Fursona Species: doggoat
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2014, 12:16:25 pm »
ther are also some judgmental people at my school to 

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2014, 12:18:57 pm »
Family, nope, not a single one even though i may be dropping less than subtle hints.

Friends, three. Two of them are school friends. none of them actually care.
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline furrylifeguard

• *blows whistle* Walk, dang it!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 64
  • I live at the bottom of the pool I guard.
    • DeviantArt - thefurrylifeguard
    • FurAffinity - thefurrylifeguard
    • Twitter - furrylifeguard
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2014, 12:46:46 pm »
Most people at school know, but my family still hasn't picked up on the hints (the two dogs holding hands that used to be on my Facebook, the jackal staring at the seascape on my desktop, the framed print on my wall, all those things).
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Feel free to talk to me! I don't bite, although I probably smell like chlorine.

Offline Akio Leopard

• ^~^
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 63
  • Icon by Ziggyzoom
    • DeviantArt - AkioLeopard
    • FurAffinity - AkioLeopard
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2014, 12:52:37 pm »
All of my close friends and some various other people at school know. None of them seem to care.

My parents also know, and they don't really care either. I haven't mentioned it much so that may change when I ask for a tail and stuff.
Feel free to PM me or message me on Skype. I like to talk, and as long as I'm not busy I'm happy to chat anytime :lol-fox:
(But I'm kind of awkward so you'll have to message me first)

~I don't even know what I was gonna put here~

Offline _Braz_

• Orange Level
    • FurAffinity - Braz
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2014, 02:24:31 pm »
All of my close friends and some various other people at school know. None of them seem to care.

My parents also know, and they don't really care either. I haven't mentioned it much so that may change when I ask for a tail and stuff.
ikr :p when I get back from vacation I plan of getting a collar, tag, and maybe tail/ears, but since no one in my family knows...that might causes some controversy haha
There’s no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don’t exist. Sacrifices are necessary; you can’t gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you’ll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah… a heart made fullmetal. -Edward Elric, The Fullmetal Alchemist

Offline Akio Leopard

• ^~^
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 63
  • Icon by Ziggyzoom
    • DeviantArt - AkioLeopard
    • FurAffinity - AkioLeopard
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2014, 02:34:16 pm »

ikr :p when I get back from vacation I plan of getting a collar, tag, and maybe tail/ears, but since no one in my family knows...that might causes some controversy haha
Haha yup. I've mentioned it once to my parents, but that was back before Christmas. And since I haven't really shown off my furriness yet they really haven't been exposed to it at all. I'm hoping that this wont ruin my plans to get stuff like a collar and a tail. Good luck with yours :lol-fox:
Feel free to PM me or message me on Skype. I like to talk, and as long as I'm not busy I'm happy to chat anytime :lol-fox:
(But I'm kind of awkward so you'll have to message me first)

~I don't even know what I was gonna put here~

Offline GrayWolf

• A lone wolf, but one with many friends.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 35
  • Love is not life; love enhances life~Green Fairy
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2014, 02:51:03 pm »
I've opened up to a few of my friends. Half of them had no idea what a furry was, and didn't care, the other half were proud of me. :fox-:): as for my family, I may tell them someday.
I consider myself a lone wolf, but I don't mind a friend or two to talk with. I also happen to be a writer.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

Offline _Braz_

• Orange Level
    • FurAffinity - Braz
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2014, 11:28:24 pm »

Haha yup. I've mentioned it once to my parents, but that was back before Christmas. And since I haven't really shown off my furriness yet they really haven't been exposed to it at all. I'm hoping that this wont ruin my plans to get stuff like a collar and a tail. Good luck with yours :lol-fox:
knowing my mom I don't plan on tell her O.o she might just kill me, she was upset enough that I even had a girlfriend to begin with, but I appreciate it! Good luck to you too! I hope they take it well :)

Offline char coal .18

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 15
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Fursona Species: pitbull
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2014, 11:46:09 pm »
My dad he knows and does not care
My brother knows he is to ignorant to see the good
My wingman knows he wants me to help him out on his fursona I told him I'm not gonna help him choose what animal what colors what markings but I'll help him with his acting
Bob Marley says don't  worry be happy if yor having a bad day.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo4OnQpwjkc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOo4OnQpwjkc

Don't f*** with the back woods pitbull

Offline Cam

• Photographer, car nut, gamer, con goer and professional turn off and on againer
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 55
    • FurAffinity - animosus5
  • Fursona Species: Snowleopard
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2014, 11:46:16 pm »
It's common knowledge between friends and family. Don't hide it and have no need to.
Add me on telegram @Animosus

I'm from Perth, Western Australia but travel interstate frequently

Offline Trystero

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 38
    • FurAffinity - trystero
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Belgian Shepherd)
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2014, 11:57:27 pm »
My best friend knows and she's actually a furry too. x3
I have one other real life furry friend that, of course, knows I'm one.

Offline Argen the Dargon

• Red Level
  • Candies: 5
  • Silver feral dragon transgirl
  • Fursona Species: Dragon (Feral)
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2014, 01:29:27 am »
I drop absurdly obvious hints but none of my friends seem to have caught on. Like REALLY obvious hints.

We go to a tech school; everyone has a laptop, so naturally everyone has Steam installed. My steam picture is a pawprint and my main group is Furry. On the website we use to access our classes and stuff, my profile picture is an anthropomorphic version of Neo from The Matrix. My desktop background is my fursona's ref pic. Also when we went to the natural history museum and saw this thing:

at the "Grossology" exhibit, my exact words were "normally I'm a fan of anthropomorphic stuff but that thing is horrifying.
Proud to survive

PM me if you want to Skype.

Offline Squatinpappy

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Kik me at Squatinpappy
Re: Do you keep your fursona to yourself?
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2014, 04:42:57 pm »
I keep to myself and people in the furry fandom but I will tell people if they want to know. No one knows I'm a furry though so it really is just me and the fandom that know my fursona.
$$ What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger $$ Weakness is pain leaving the body $$

Offline EclipsetheWolf

• FT's resident geek!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 19
  • Fursuit SOON!
  • Fursona Species: Main: wolf
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2014, 07:50:49 am »
I want to tell people but, just not enough courage.
I've told one friend, kinda to stand up for a brony being picked on but he didn't know what it was and didn't seem to mind or care either way. :/

FCWf3a A C- D+++ H+ M? P++ R T++ W- Z- Sm RLCT a- cn++++ d+ e- f+ h* i++ j p+ sm

Offline Ayala

• Red Level
  • Candies: 11
    • DeviantArt - AyalaDeer
    • FurAffinity - AyalaDeer
    • LiveJournal - xayalax
    • Twitter - Ayaladeer
    • Weasyl - Ayala
    • Character References
  • Fursona Species: White-Tailed Deer
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2014, 11:26:07 am »
Honestly I used to keep it inside, until I met friends at my new school who think this fandom is cool! So then I started to be more my furry self around them!  :lol-fox:
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: Female

Offline Y U N O

• •••
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 12
  • ♡♡♡
    • Joenza
  • Fursona Species: Demon
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2014, 11:36:20 pm »
I sketch my fursona In class but since I'm in middle school i don't say anything
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 11:51:42 pm by Honeythefox »
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Offline Broklyn Grove

• Red Level
  • Candies: 7
    • fanpop
  • Fursona Species: African wild dog/wolf
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2014, 08:44:05 pm »
Are you loud and proud? Or more quiet about it? Myself I don't talk about it at all, I feel slightly embraced, but what are your thoughts on the matter?

I feel the same way as you do.
《《《 its not how we are going to get their, it's how we got there wearing a fursuit 》》》

Offline EclipsetheWolf

• FT's resident geek!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 19
  • Fursuit SOON!
  • Fursona Species: Main: wolf
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2014, 06:50:53 pm »
I sketch my fursona In class but since I'm in middle school i don't say anything
Same however I'm not the best artist.

FCWf3a A C- D+++ H+ M? P++ R T++ W- Z- Sm RLCT a- cn++++ d+ e- f+ h* i++ j p+ sm