Author Topic: want to learn techy stuff.  (Read 557 times)

Offline riccardo romano

• I'll try pretty much anything once.
  • Green Level
  • Candy: 16
  • then then go again just for a laugh.
    • DeviantArt - riccardo-tiger
    • FurAffinity - /riccardo/
  • Fursona Species: Siberian tiger
want to learn techy stuff.
« on: May 23, 2012, 03:11:18 pm »
okay, I want to learn how to make computers do cool stuff (a bit vague I know).  I have a few techy friends I want to impress(as well as not being known as, "the one dun' who hardly knows how to use that computer machine"(<-- deep south accent on that quote if you please). but what I would like to know is how I can do a lot of programy, techy stuff and be smart-looking for both me and who I want to impress.
“Maybe that’s enlightenment enough: to know that there is no final resting place of the mind; no moment of smug clarity. Perhaps wisdom...is realizing how small I am, and unwise, and how far I have yet to go. -Anthony Bourdain”
R/T

Offline Ganther

• Yellow Level
  • Candy: 17
  • Rawr?
    • DeviantArt - FuzzBallGanther
    • FurAffinity - Ganther
    • Twitter - fuzzballganther
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
Re: want to learn techy stuff.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 05:52:42 pm »
I know you wouldn't really be interested in anything to do with programming but the way I learn't all my basic computer skills was from problem solving. Basically if you have a problem and can't do something then use google and the people around you to try and fix it. The more problems you fix the easier it will become to navigate and use your computer. In the end all you can really do is just use computers and the more you use them, the more you'll eventually know.

Offline H2o2go

• marksman furry
  • Yellow Level
  • Candy: 14
    • FurAffinity - h2o2go
    • Twitter - @Rio_guy1
    • Bloody Borzoi Comic
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
Re: want to learn techy stuff.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 11:29:53 pm »
Tech is slow. Love wikipedia it will help a lot. Pm me if you have any questions (audio and video are my skills) download a singal program (auto cad, a osilacope, audacity.) and just try to make things, wiki the shit out of it. Make it work. Then start the next program and so on. In 6 months you should be able to run 20 or so programs. That will impress almost any one. 
When I started walking and I looked down and I saw on the floor this water, which looked like, you know, water in your basement...  except, however it happened to be in the auxiliary building of a nuclear power plant...