Author Topic: Feral v.s. anthro  (Read 11773 times)

Offline Stitchy

• Candies: 4
  • New FT Member
Feral v.s. anthro
« on: January 11, 2007, 02:40:57 pm »
just curious what you guys thought about feral furs, i am can be considered both so i wanted to know your opinions

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 20
  • Örülök, hogy megismerhetem
Re: Feral v.s. anthro
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 03:01:25 pm »
Well....anthro is the more human form..and feral more animal form. I like anthro form most....bust if you would put them into a fight.....feral would win probably cause they would more then likely be stronger and faster. While the anthro form would be weaker, slower, but smarter.

Offline Stitchy

• New FT Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 03:12:03 pm »
i know what they are...i was wondering if anyone else here knows anyone or is feral themselves

and fyi what you said could be looked at as Anthro bashing

Offline Aerion

• The local mellow, game-playing, daydreaming, philosophical wolf-boy
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 43
  • Remaining lives: 1
    • My scrap book of ideas and misc. (feel free to post)
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 03:41:48 pm »
I prefer anthros, both because they are suposed to be smarter (and therefore usually better conversationists, emphasis on usually) and because the stereotypical ferals have a tendency to wear a bit to little clothing for my liking (which says a lot coming from a guy wearing only a t-shirt on his upper body in Januar in Norway (which isn't that bad once you get used to the feeling)).
Haven't got anything against ferals though, if they truly are dumber I have something against for that reason (I know some people are born with less intelect in the normal sense, but I still treat people based on how they treat me), but a declaration along the lines of "I am a feral fur" would pass trough my head without much of a reaction other than "OK, thats interesting.".
I can't remember talking to anyone that said they where feral though, although I've seen some Myspaces and IMVU spaces from everything from werewolves to fox/wolf-demons to experiments gone wrong (even a few who where multiple of those).
"Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride""
"Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means you are two steps ahead"
"Invoke not common sense, for it is not common"
"A life without joy is a wasted one, and you got but one to waste."
"To touch the clouds, you need to reach for the stars"
Fantasy games are for n00bs, try playing a game about reality

Offline Cenn

• Green Level
  • Candies: 6
  • Now with 10% more mischief
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 03:49:36 pm »
I think i might know a feral. a anthro wolf who is also a werewolf. yeah that confuses me too. anyway, I kinda agree with Aerion, that announcement would kinda just blow over my head.  If anything I would think they were cooler. more natural. like fire.

Offline Stitchy

• New FT Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 03:51:13 pm »
well i am techniacally both, more feral i guess cause i am nowhere near humanlike, but i know of this tiger who is 100% feral and is extremly intelligent

Offline Cenn

• Green Level
  • Candies: 6
  • Now with 10% more mischief
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 04:05:47 pm »
i wouldn't call you feral. your bipedal and live in a house with all those nice anemities and such. Feral sounds more like someone who rejects society and prefers to live away from it and fend for themselves. but that's just my opinion.

Offline Stitchy

• New FT Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 04:15:09 pm »
hmm my definition of feral is more animalistic than human, what is your guys defitiion?

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 06:13:56 pm »
Para's old character used to be a feral. And anthro bashing. <_< WTF. I'm only stating facts.

Offline Stitchy

• New FT Member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 08:34:03 pm »
sorry...didn't see the supposed in your post

Offline Sakura Wolf

• Candies: 1
  • New FT Member
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 11:55:08 pm »
im a wolf so does that make me a feral thing? :wuf-:):

Offline Stitchy

• New FT Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 12:28:12 am »
umm,not unless you are usually on all fours, don't speak, or are non human like at all

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 01:46:54 am »
I prefer anthro furs, though with some feral traits, like digitgrade legs and such.  Kinda depends on the character, though, some fursonas and personalities are better suited to one or the other.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Eddy

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 671
  • Gone for good.
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 05:07:56 am »
You also have to bear in mind, if your talking folk who play as animals then technically they're not furries. Traditionally a 'furry' is defined as an 'anthropomorphic character'. Many furries can shift to feral form, but if your 'animalistic' all the time then aint that a different fandom?  :???:

Offline Stitchy

• New FT Member
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 09:31:16 am »
well is it exactly? there really doesn't seem to be a very concrete defintion between the 2.  people have said i am feral because i am almost a normal animal, and others have said because i walk on 2 legs i am antrho, my question is if someone picks a chimp or something that walks normally on 2 legs, are they anthro or feral?

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 09:39:46 am »
Well..I think it all depends on if you give it more characteristics of human nature or not. Like the face. Hands and feet and what not. *shrugs*

Offline Aerion

• The local mellow, game-playing, daydreaming, philosophical wolf-boy
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 43
  • Remaining lives: 1
    • My scrap book of ideas and misc. (feel free to post)
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 10:17:04 am »
I usually go by a more phycological (probably wrong word) POV (Point Of View) and consider ferals to be the wild version of anthro animals. So by my defenition you can technicaly change between the two (In effect, becoming either tamed or revert to the wild state, depending on direction). But I guess I would also call something that isn't humanoid anymore "feral", humanoid pretty much being more human than other stuff, so I kinda agree with Andor.
"Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride""
"Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means you are two steps ahead"
"Invoke not common sense, for it is not common"
"A life without joy is a wasted one, and you got but one to waste."
"To touch the clouds, you need to reach for the stars"
Fantasy games are for n00bs, try playing a game about reality

Offline Okami

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 3
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 11:39:45 am »
I think the reason you guys are having a hard time with comparing these two is because it shouldn't be "Feral vs. Anthro". Rather, it should be "Feral vs. Tame" or "Zoomorphic vs. Anthropomorphic" or even "Animalistic vs Humanistic".

Either way, there is no real antonym to the word Feral, nor is there a huge difference between Zoomorphic and Anthropormorphic. When dealing with comparisons, definitions are very important - at least, to prevent language from getting in the way of discussion.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 11:46:39 am by Okami »

Offline Stitchy

• New FT Member
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 12:38:09 pm »
well i agree, i am tame and feral

Offline CoffeeCat

• Red Level
  • Candies: 1
  • New FT Member
    • My music :3
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2007, 12:50:08 am »
XD I'm about as feral as a pampered kitty cat :3 I like my tuna from a can.
Every day is Caturday~!!!