Author Topic: help with skype.  (Read 679 times)

Offline riccardo romano

• I'll try pretty much anything once.
  • Green Level
  • Mince Pies: 16
  • then then go again just for a laugh.
    • DeviantArt - riccardo-tiger
    • FurAffinity - /riccardo/
  • Fursona Species: Siberian tiger
help with skype.
« on: June 21, 2012, 01:01:53 pm »
okay one day skype just began popping yp over whatever I was doing. just I do not know what happened, can someone help me work this out. like I do not even know I fucked up my computer downloading something. then it went down hill fast.
“Maybe that’s enlightenment enough: to know that there is no final resting place of the mind; no moment of smug clarity. Perhaps wisdom...is realizing how small I am, and unwise, and how far I have yet to go. -Anthony Bourdain”
R/T

Offline worthless

• lest we forget
  • Green Level
  • Mince Pies: 28
  • marf
  • Fursona Species: European short hair
Re: help with skype.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 05:27:58 pm »
re-install is my only recommendation i can't think of anything else i'll post something if i can work it out.  :fox-;):
Dulce et decorum est pro patria pugnadum

Offline Gribz

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Orange Level
  • Mince Pies: 8
    • FurAffinity - Gribz
  • Fursona Species: Black Panther
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 10:56:11 pm »
It's Skype, stuff always goes wrong. Like Alyx said, try reinstalling it, and if that doesn't work, I don't know what you should do.
If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat them as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming.

We're not retreating, we're advancing in a different direction!

Offline Salem Ambrogio

• Salem Kills Kittens
  • Yellow Level
  • Mince Pies: 9
  • I've got a method to my madness.
    • DeviantArt - SalemKillsKittens
    • Amateur Website :D
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 05:06:19 am »
If you have any set backups you could restore to, before the problem occurred of course, then most definitely do so. It's worth losing some data you've saved since if it's a solution to the problem. If your skype is persistent in doing this, open your Task Manager by pressing (ctrl+alt+del) --> go to the "Processes" tab --> look for Skype or some sort of Voice service process (perhaps vivox or something) --> right click the process and press "end process tree". DO NOT end the process tree of any of your processes under the "SYSTEM" catgory.. and it's also preferred that you don't delete your explorer.exe application. (no.. explorer.exe is not internet explorer. It is in fact the display of your HUD and if deleted, you will only be able to see your background picture and will have to reboot.) You may have to update your drivers if those methods don't do the trick.

If you experience any further problems, PM me or start a new thread so that others can get to helping you.

Wishing you the best,
                                         ~Salem

[ADMIN EDIT:  Removed links to disreputable/scam products.  -Natasha]
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 02:21:48 am by Natasha Softpaw »
kik: SalemKillsKittens

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Mince Pies: 403
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 02:17:19 am »
If you experience any further problems, PM me or start a new thread so that others can get to helping you.

Actually, a thread like this should be bumped.  A new one on the same subject would be merged with this one.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3