Author Topic: Next Forum Theme  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
  • Candies: 48
Next Forum Theme
« on: January 23, 2007, 11:22:17 pm »
I'm gonna be working on a new theme soon.  (Well, modifying a newer theme.)  As soon as Felix gets done, I'm going to be changing up the colors and images for the boards.

Anyways, the inquiry I'd like to pose is in regard to the look and feel of the new boards.  I know Furry Teens typically seems to be very blue, but that's because any other color hasn't really been discussed or emphasized.  Most likely, the new theme will be blue again, unless otherwise desired.

So a new color change?  Or a certain "style" for the boards to be?

Or would everyone like it back to the way it was?  With the pawprints and all?

~RCK

Offline Okami

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 3
Re: Next Forum Theme
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 12:01:17 am »
I don't have a huge preference in colours as long as it's not overly bright or too dark (to prevent stressing eyes while reading forum). From the current colours though, I'd probably prefer something a bit darker, but that's my preference.

However, I would prefer functionality over style.

As one example, the top part "Furry Teens  |  Furry Teens Site-Related  |  Site-Specific Stuff  |  Topic: Next Forum Theme" is unclickable to navigate.
Another example: You can no longer click on the board icons to show all unread posts.

^ Just a couple things I miss.

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 12:12:28 am »
Ah okies.  Yah, I I'll see about getting those back in then. :3

Right now, I'm looking at a couple of new themes, which are currently too bright, but I do plan on customizing it to a less straining color, or set of colors.

Maybe I'll keep the blue as a FT-type thing.  I also was thinking about having a random image [logo] type feature, where when refreshed, it will feature someone else's FT artwork.

-----------------------------

Something I'm always asking for...  Artwork artwork artwork.  For the group.  Artwork dedicated to FT.  Send them to me, princessrei@furryteens.org, subject "Forum Art Submission."

If you would like your own picture (your fursona or not) to be featured in the Random Logo concept, please do NOT submit a user pic.  It has to be "custom made" for the random logo feature for FT.  I am going to be veeeerry picky about what is featured and what isn't.

If you would like it to be season/event related, please let me know.

!!! Submitting your picture for Furry Teens DOES gives me, or the web designer, the right to "modify" or make some changes to your picture for presentation.  This does NOT give us the right to rightfully claim submitted art as our own, and will still protected to the artist as the artist's own work.  I just need to specify this.  !!!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 12:20:28 am by Princess Rei »

Offline Eddy

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 671
  • Gone for good.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 07:01:59 am »
I agree with Okami, it should be something fairly neutral and 'clean'.

Is there any chance of seeing examples of themes that your considering?

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 12:58:57 pm »
http://mysmfthemes.com/theme_viewer.php

Here is an example.  You will have to view from the drop down menu.  I was looking into modifying "Tech Blue" or "Faded Green."  But I wanted them a little less bright and with a little more detail.

So what I am showing you is not exactly what I want the boards to look like.  It's the style and format I am mainly looking at right now.  As far as colors and images, that will be touched up on after the previous tasks are completed.

Offline Okami

• Yellow Level
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 02:12:16 pm »
"Sullen Madness" looks pretty nice... except it might be a bit too dark.

Heh... sulllen... madness. Honestly, who thinks up these names? XP

Offline antiguine

• Red Level
  • Haiku Slamm'd!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 02:40:18 am »
"Sullen Madness" looks pretty nice... except it might be a bit too dark.

Heh... sulllen... madness. Honestly, who thinks up these names? XP

Same person who thinks up the names for paints. "Salsbury Pebble" and "Pale Avocado" are just the tip of the iceberg.

But a new theme might go down well, I think "Faded Green" on that link would be nice.
"Don't eat my chicken wings!"

Offline Lucien Odin Godsline

• Green Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Music: The Voice Of The Soul
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 10:51:39 am »
I'd go with something that's still sleek over decorative, but that's just a personal opinion.