Author Topic: The rave scene?  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Taren

• Red Level
  • Candies: 6
  • Poker Fox
    • Taren's Foxy Loxy Fan Page
The rave scene?
« on: January 24, 2007, 11:03:03 am »
Does anyone here rave? How's the rave scene? I hear that it's been getting pretty lame, compaired to the '90's, but I've been tempted to go to one with a buddy of mine. I'm just wondering if it's worth it anymore. Thanks!
"When the chips are down, when you're at the end of your
rope, you need someone you can count on. And that's what
you'll find here. Someone who'll go all the way, who'll protect
you no matter what. Don't lose hope."
-- Doyle, "Hero"

Offline Daimajin

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 9
Re: The rave scene?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 05:50:41 pm »
hello everybody! i know that I've been out of here for a while (due to exams + Wow)

so yea..., I've always wanted to be at a rave/ Dj at a rave. unfortuantely due to the R.A.V.E. act (Reducing Americans' Vulnerability to Ecstasy Act), the rave scene wasn't able to resurface =(, there have been massive "rave raids" ever since (the r.a.v.e. act was an excuse to discriminate against raves, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAVE_act) the act states basically states that having glowsticks and bottles of water at an outdoor even or party made them able to shoot your @$$! what they dont mention is the prejiduce against E.D.M. (Electronic Dance Music).
the whole thing is really sad b/c
1: water is necessary to live (dur)
and
2: glowsticks are the greatest invention of mankind 2 date

so that's why at my school we have our indoor dance party!

VIVA LE REVOLUTION!

Offline antiguine

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Haiku Slamm'd!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 02:44:10 am »
the act states basically states that having glowsticks and bottles of water at an outdoor even or party made them able to shoot your @$$! what they dont mention is the prejiduce against E.D.M. (Electronic Dance Music).

You could claim you were just having a communist meeting, and that the bottled water is vodka and the glowsticks uranium?

On second thoughts, don't do that. That sounds really killjoy though. Perhaps you could claim it as a charity benefit? "Raving for Africa" or something.
"Don't eat my chicken wings!"

Offline Lucien Odin Godsline

• Green Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Music: The Voice Of The Soul
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 09:39:17 am »
I've been to a basement rave once, we cracked open glowsticks and poured them on ourselves. I don't recommend doing that, they stink and don't wash off very easily. It was an awesome experience, though. I'm trying to persuade my friend to bring me to Club Shampoo in Philadelphia one day, but he's being antisocial. -_- Ah well.

Offline Lynsey

• Alba gu Bráth!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 62
  • Your point is?
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 06:24:44 am »
I do not go on raves my friend from university does and she thinks it's great fun she also claims it's a safe thing to do, I am unsure about it but over here the culture is a little different not much but just a little bit. So I am unsure whether you'd feel safe and perhaps being a man you would.

Alba gu bráth!
PouncedAd