Author Topic: Possible to add new third party site links to profiles?  (Read 551 times)

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 62
  • :D
    • FurAffinity - HaddockWolf
  • Fursona Species: Dracocatwolf, Illogical Tribrid from another dimension
Possible to add new third party site links to profiles?
« on: October 18, 2012, 08:46:39 am »
Under the avatar and such there are third party site links to accounts users have there as well, Like FA, MSN, AIM, etc. Is it possible to add more? For instance, Steam account links and youtube profiles? In theory, it would just need tweaking to add additional links with a correlating icon, but I'm unaware of how actual coding and modding of the SMF actually works
"In the end we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -Dr. MLK Jr.
Every person is born a white canvas, and each person we touch, each person we talk to, they impart a shade of their color upon you. and these mixes of colors blend into a unique shade that is you - Alexander (me)

Offline Koty

• Purple Butt :P
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 5
  • Gay Fur Pride
    • Twitter - kota4505
  • Fursona Species: Equestrian
Re: Possible to add new third party site links to profiles?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 02:13:28 pm »
I second that favor. Allowing current members to expand their sociality. Kik, Furnation, and other large social or messaging apps are most likely to be the anticipated additions. The only gaming links I would reccomend is PSN and Furnation.
"I would rather die on paws than live on feet" -Unknown

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 03:00:21 pm »
I don't know about PSN, seeing as it isnt PC based
"In the end we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -Dr. MLK Jr.
Every person is born a white canvas, and each person we touch, each person we talk to, they impart a shade of their color upon you. and these mixes of colors blend into a unique shade that is you - Alexander (me)

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 582
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 10:29:01 pm »
I remember Natasha saying something about wanting to stick to mainly furry-centric sites, so it doesn't get overwhelming

We'll put it up for discussion again, though c:
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - androsexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 07:28:00 am »
Maybe you could set a limit to only display 6 at most to avoid it getting too overwhelming? Like 2 rows of 3