Author Topic: any way to install Adobe Flash on Android?  (Read 574 times)

Offline Koty

• Purple Butt :P
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Gay Fur Pride
    • Twitter - kota4505
  • Fursona Species: Equestrian
any way to install Adobe Flash on Android?
« on: October 22, 2012, 11:52:40 am »
Okay so they Adobe Flash player for android has worked on every phone except my new LG Optimus Q ( LG55C Straight Talk). And I was wanting to know if there was a way to root it and install a new Rom and then maybe it would work. Bluestacks on my laptop is registered as a Samsung Galaxy II so there should be a way to do that. I know you can edit some files when you root it because I made my 1st phone (which was a Sharp FX Plus running android 2.2) and made it emulate an HTC One X.

Anyways I was hoping there was an easier way to do this instead of editing system files that if you don't do it just right, you brick your phone. Any one touch roots for Gingerbread first of all?

Any help is appreciated. Sorry if my post is hard to follow I have a scattered brain atm.
"I would rather die on paws than live on feet" -Unknown

Offline Zukaro Travon

• Prince of Kenthar
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 13
Re: any way to install Adobe Flash on Android?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 07:44:32 pm »
I've heard that they've just plain removed the ability for Flash to work in Android phones (in the newer versions of Android).  However, Android is Linux based, and Linux does play Flash (although Adobe dropped support for Linux, there are open source alternatives).  I personally haven't rooted my phone yet (plan to do that when I need to/when the Koodo tab is back to full), but if you root your phone you should be able to install the right packages.  Not sure exactly how to install packages on Android however, as I've noticed there's no package manager (at least not one I know of).

There might be something in the Google Play store however, so I'd look there first.  If not then the only way is likely to root your phone.

Offline AussieDax

• Photographer, car nut, gamer, con goer and professional turn off and on againer
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 56
    • FurAffinity - animosus5
  • Fursona Species: Vaporeon
Re: any way to install Adobe Flash on Android?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 12:33:08 am »
if you can find the adobe flash .apk you should be able to install it to your phone

This is what i did for a bit, but found it rather useless as i was hardley using flash based products on my phone and tablet anyway
  • Flag - britain
Add me on telegram @daxthevaporeon

I'm from Perth, Western Australia but now live in London UK!