Author Topic: Shooter Recomendations plz  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Skiggy the Skag

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 26
Shooter Recomendations plz
« on: November 09, 2012, 09:53:33 pm »
Hey, Ive beat borderlands 2 three times now! I've played skyrim so much I now have carpal tunnel. I best some Helghast ass over and over, and the Chimaera were blown to hell by yours truly. My sad life aside, I need game suggestions. I have a Ps3 and Xbox 360, I'd prefer Ps3.
 Here are some I have in mind:
The Darkness 2 (beat the original twice)
Bioshock 3 (If its out yet)
Any other suggestions welcome.
Nothing too easy, I usually play games on the hardest difficulty. Know any tough games?

Offline Zeek TehHusky

• Huskies! :3
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 25
  • A party orientated husky!
    • FurAffinity - http://www.furaffinity.net/user/zeektehhusky/
    • youtube
  • Fursona Species: Siberian Husky
Re: Shooter Recomendations plz
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 09:59:39 pm »
I am Alive and Amy are 2 very challenging psn games while on the hardest difficulty
survey banner

Offline Wolf12

• Life is just a dream it's never ending.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 30
  • I'm not okay I'm crazy!!!!!!!
    • FurAffinity - bangwolf
  • Fursona Species: Gray Wolf
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 01:19:02 pm »
call of duty black ops 2 it's going to have a great single player and great online modes oh and some Awesome zombie modes. Bioshock 3 comes out in 2013.
All you base are belong to Wolf.
it's in the fine print.

my icon is done by Manicsfan.

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 307
  • Hoofies down here.
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 01:28:02 pm »
Halo 4 just came out, and I'm currently enjoying that. I'd recommend it to you if you enjoy Halo games. And yes, you can also look into promising titles such as Bioshock: Infinite and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 06:36:50 pm by Gage »
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline shdowhunt60

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 21
  • Yeah, well, that's just like your opinion man
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 01:47:59 pm »
I can't recommend anything new, as I'm not really into console shooters. But, for PC I can recommend older games, like Dues Ex. Very good game, shooter with RPG elements.

Offline worthless

• lest we forget
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 28
  • marf
  • Fursona Species: European short hair
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 02:26:51 pm »
ARMA Series
Dulce et decorum est pro patria pugnadum

Offline Skiggy the Skag

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 26
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 02:55:06 pm »
Thanks guys, just a few questions though...
How are the zombie modes on Black Ops? I've haven't played COD since I was 12, how's the campaign? I don't play online btw.

How good is the campaign for Halo four? The last three Halo games(ODST, Halo Wars, and Reach) were a little disappointing. I'm not sure if I'm ready to go back to Halo.

And lastly has can anyone vouch for mass effect 3? I'm a huge ME fan, but I haven't played 3 yet. My friends told me the combat was poorly structured and the story was really bad, especially the ending. Is that true?

Offline VivianTheFox

• =^-^= Vivian =^-^=
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 12
  • Living in the moment
    • FurAffinity - VivianTheFox
  • Fursona Species: North American Red Fox
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 08:34:14 pm »
I can vouch for Mass Effect 3, I believe it was just as good as the first two excluding the ending.

As for black ops 2 it comes out tuseday but zombies is the only reason I'm buying the game I was disapointed with the campaign and multiplay of the first and in all honesty I stayed with Modern Warfare 2.

Other than that I think your about right I am also waiting for bioshock infinite I belive it will hold up to its hype (and have you seen the statue that comes with the special edition!?)

My Furcode: FCF3ars>CF3acdfmrsw A-->+ C->++ D H+ M- P++ R++ T++++ W Z->+ Sm+ RLCT>E a clnovw++ d+ e+>+++ f h+>++ i++ j++ p- sm+

Offline Ganther

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 17
  • Rawr?
    • DeviantArt - FuzzBallGanther
    • FurAffinity - Ganther
    • Twitter - fuzzballganther
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 07:14:46 pm »
Gears Of War (any of the 3) have awesome 3rd person cover systems that make it a great shooter. Very tough game on insane.

If you haven't played them, like everyone suggested, play Halo IN ORDER. It's very story heavy and my favorite game series.

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. You can pick up Fallout 3 and New Vegas for very cheap (under 30 each) with all the map packs. It is seriously one of the best RPG's I've played. If you liked Skyrim you'll like this because it's basically the same type of game and world but with guns and a nuclear holocaust. Both games are pretty difficult at the start but as you get more weapons and spend more experience points you start vaporizing and dismembering everyone like they are made of butter. But that takes a good 60+ hours to reach.

Everyone says they are disappointed with the ME:3 ending and so I am. However during the game is awesome. They really made an attempt to make you feel for the characters as you play their side missions and the only reason I played those side missions was because the interaction between the characters was the best Mass Effect has had.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 07:19:02 pm by Ganther »

Offline Salem Ambrogio

• Salem Kills Kittens
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 9
  • I've got a method to my madness.
    • DeviantArt - SalemKillsKittens
    • Amateur Website :D
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 12:32:34 am »
Get arma2 Combined Operations, get dayZ, get Arma Ace, and wait for Arma3.
kik: SalemKillsKittens

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 307
  • Hoofies down here.
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 01:59:04 pm »
Thanks guys, just a few questions though...
How are the zombie modes on Black Ops? I've haven't played COD since I was 12, how's the campaign? I don't play online btw.

How good is the campaign for Halo four? The last three Halo games(ODST, Halo Wars, and Reach) were a little disappointing. I'm not sure if I'm ready to go back to Halo.

And lastly has can anyone vouch for mass effect 3? I'm a huge ME fan, but I haven't played 3 yet. My friends told me the combat was poorly structured and the story was really bad, especially the ending. Is that true?
Black Ops 2: I haven't seen much of the campaign, but it kind of looks like a typical Call of Duty campaign to me. Which isn't bad I suppose; it should prove to offer some enjoyment. But I think Zombies will probably be the magnum opus for this installment.

Halo 4: You would have to tell me what you found disappointing about Halo Wars, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo: Reach. Because I won't be able to tell if you'll like this game or not. What I can tell you is that I personally found it to be great, being much better than titles such as Reach in regards to storytelling, pacing, and gameplay in general. The game is more integrated in the expanded this time around. With stronger character development for characters like Chief and Cortana, the introduction of a new class of enemies called the Prometheans, and the appearance of characters from the books, the campaign feels much more deep and fresh this time around. Anyway that's just my perspective.

Mass Effect 3: Yes, the ending was pretty disappointing and anticlimactic. But it still still doesn't stop it from being a great experience in regards to story, gameplay, and interactivity before you reach the ending. I think it's still worth the overall experience.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Dingo

• #Hashtags
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 52
  • Ruff! <3
    • FurAffinity - okamiix
    • Twitter - @DingoFTW
    • my furrafinity page
  • Fursona Species: wusky :) wolf/husky
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 02:36:31 pm »
i'd say mass effect 3 was definately worth it :) quite a lengthy campaign with a good story :)