Author Topic: Anyone an Inventor?  (Read 815 times)

Offline Banshee

• SCIENCE FOR THE SCIENCE GOD!!!
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 15
  • WARNING! MAY CAUSE MAD SCIENCE
  • Fursona Species: Winged blue-fox alternate: Puffin
Anyone an Inventor?
« on: November 22, 2012, 12:30:24 am »
I was wondering is anyone else an inventor/tinkerer? And if so what do you like to make, and what have you designed/built?

As for me I work with plasma, I've designed an "in-atmosphere" plasma engine, which is basically a jet engine but instead of useing fuel to expand the gasses it uses oxygen plasma contained within a magnetic field, so all you need is a lot of electricity to power it.
     Most of my designs include plasma and magnetic fields as so I've burnt down many a building testing them. But no one hurt so far :fox-:):

So anyone else make anything?
Live Hard, Have Fun, and Sail Fast.

"It was going well until it exploded"- Scott Manley

LOGIC IS FOR THE DAMNED!

Offline Larsen

• You could be next
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 21
  • I Want Crazy
    • DeviantArt - AnimalLarsen
    • Twitter - @musleh_yusef
  • Fursona Species: dog/wolf
Re: Anyone an Inventor?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 03:40:46 am »
         I just recently made one of those gingerbread trains that you buy at Walmart. Before I began building the train I washed my hands, making sure that every part of my hand was free of any harmful bacteria that could potentially ruin my train. After that I carefully opened the box containing all of the necessary parts to complete the final product, I performed the maneuver slightly so I wouldn't damage any of the materials inside. After the tricky part was out of the way, I kneaded the bag filled with frosting so it would properly be used as a glue like substitute.
        When that was finished, I took the pieces of gingerbread and broke them into squares and rectangles as the back of the box instructed me to do so. I made sure to follow all the instructions on the back of the box just as it said, I was disappointed to discover that an instruction manual did not come with the package, but that aside I completed assembling the train. With that part finally finished I took a deep breath and began to decorate my train with peppermints, hard ball candies, and gumballs. After I finished the final touches I was amazed at the end result, I showed it to my teacher and they gave me a letter of recommendation to Harvard University. This is how I got interested in baking.
#Ifeelpretty

Online Cam

• Photographer, car nut, gamer, con goer and professional turn off and on againer
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 55
    • FurAffinity - animosus5
  • Fursona Species: Snowleopard
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 05:22:09 am »
Best i have made was my home made spud cannon.

Mind you it does fire potatoes at ~400KM/h
Add me on telegram @Animosus

I'm from Perth, Western Australia but travel interstate frequently

Offline Banshee

• Orange Level
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 10:44:33 pm »
Ok so I have an idea but I need some help, does anyone know much in the way of protecting materials form extreme heat? Its a snag I ran into with my plasma jet engine... The walls of the "combustion" chamber keep melting, the plasma is 10,000F and vaporizes the chamber when it starts up... :sad-fox:

LOGIC IS FOR THE DAMNED!

Offline Skiggy the Skag

• Green Level
  • Candies: 26
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 10:50:06 pm »
During summer I make barbeque pits and use the leftover scrap metal I make sculptures.

Offline Blaidd

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 101
  • Fursona Species: a piece of fecal matter
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 11:43:45 pm »
I tinker. A lot. I have a ton of leftover and spare electronic parts from all sorts of things I've salvaged and taken apart. In the past I've made my own FM radio, RC car, fan, back massager, flashlight(s) and various other gizmos. I also weld. Taken classes for it and have a bit of experience. Mostly I make sculptures, but I have made functional things too.

In the imaginary sense, I come up with crazy inventions all the time. But none of them I could make without some sort of fat budget.
  • Pronouns: They/Them He/Him

Offline Sheriff

• To Serve and Protect
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 18
  • K-9 Unit
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 11:57:51 pm »
I like working on bikes a small engine stuff. I usually find or buy them real cheap, do a bit of work, then sell them (unless I can't part with it). Here are before and after pics of my customization, and a tow truck bike I made.

Awesome Avatar By the One and Only SonarSnow!!! Thank You :D

Offline Banshee

• Orange Level
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 07:22:09 am »
Nice Very Nice :fox-:):

LOGIC IS FOR THE DAMNED!

Offline CalmWolf

• Red Level
  • Candies: 5
  • thanks mango for the amazing avatar
  • Fursona Species: ram/wolf
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 10:51:59 pm »
Ok so I have an idea but I need some help, does anyone know much in the way of protecting materials form extreme heat? Its a snag I ran into with my plasma jet engine... The walls of the "combustion" chamber keep melting, the plasma is 10,000F and vaporizes the chamber when it starts up... :sad-fox:

Would it be possible to make a combustion chamber out of tungsten and reinforce the out side with what ever material you are already using but run liquid (oxygen, helium or another extremely cold liquid) cooling lines between  the tungsten and the outer shell? :???:
serene canis lupus

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 05:28:13 pm »

Best you build yourself a bomb shelter, mate, lest you hit Kingdom Come before your time!  :lol:

Me? After a few hits and misses I've made a brilliant spud cannon. Great build quality. :D

Offline Swift the Panther

• If you follow my advice you're either incredibly courageous or an incredible idiot.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Fursona Species: Panther
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 10:45:10 pm »
I taped a flashlight to a helmet and made a headlamp.  :fox-;):
Dear all,
I am no longer active on this site and would ask that none of you send friend requests/chat invites/etc. to whatever account of mine you may find. Thank you.

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 80
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 06:01:41 pm »
Well I tend to come up with new and ingenious ways to make sustainable power, but I also tinker in pushing the boundaries of 3D space, if the universe ever splits in half (*nervously laughs*) you can blame me.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan