Author Topic: Teacher stories!  (Read 2387 times)

Offline DjentlemanFurry

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 40
  • How do I cookie? Add me on Skype: TheColtonFactor
    • FurAffinity - TheColtonFactor
  • Fursona Species: Fox
Teacher stories!
« on: January 06, 2013, 02:36:50 pm »
Seems like most of the members here are in highschool or college, so I just wanted to hear your best teacher stories. Who is your most insane teacher, and what do they do? What was the funniest thing that happened in a classroom? Did you torture subs?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:48:53 pm by TheColtonFactor »

Offline Vincent

• This deer has an insatiable appetite...
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 150
  • ... For cookies
    • FurAffinity - Vincent-the-deer
  • Fursona Species: Deer
Re: Teacher stories!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 03:23:08 pm »
Oh I'd love to share a couple.
(Keep in mind, I'm a goody-two-shoes, and I've only had one detention in middle school other than this.)

This guy sitting next to me was throwing paper at another guy. Out of the corner of my teacher's eye, it looked as if I had done it. She got mad of course and stood up to find out what happened. Well, this guy behind her decided it would be funny to stand up on his desk and start dancing. I couldn't help but laugh, and as soon as I did, I got "Ryan! Detention!". I was in 6th grade and I almost cried because my record was perfect.

The second one was coincidentally with the same teacher. I daydreamed all class period and got 1 page out of the three I was supposed to do done. It was close to bus call when she found out I had done almost nothing. She said, "Ryan, you aren't leaving to go to the bus until after you completely finished!", so I obeyed. When I was the last person in class she seemed concerned and said, "What are you still doing here?", so I told her that I was doing what she said. She looked so bad. She called my Mom to pick me up and apologized to both of us profusely. She's lucky my Mom is so easy going or she would have gotten an ear full.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Never stop fighting what isn't right, even if you are outnumbered.

Offline starcandy12

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 1
    • DeviantArt - starcandy12
    • FurAffinity - starcandy12
  • Fursona Species: Omo (Otter, Mouse, Ocelot Hybrid)
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 06:59:47 pm »
Teacher stories are great~! My school has always had that one teacher that was just terrible for some reason or the other that never lasted more than a year, but the one I remember most was my ninth grade English teacher.

He was extremely passive to say he was a teacher, and we ended up learning next to nothing the entire year because no one was forced to pay attention, and by the end of the year he'd just about given up on teaching us anything. The most insane thing was on a regular day everyone decided that instead of paying attention, we'd play a game during his class. So we moved all the tables together, while he was trying to teach, and brought out several decks of cards and had a classwide game of Spoons. He was confused and kinda put-out at first, but ended up rolling with it, and even joined in to play when he thought he figured out what we were doing. He was particularly bad at the game, since he only barely understood how to play, so we had fun trying to teach him what to do (he couldn't figure it out and ended up quitting and just watching instead).

It was so widely known by the rest of the school that he never taught us anything, if any teacher caught a kid from his class out-and-about during class time, all they had to say was they were from his class and the teacher would just roll their eyes and be like, "Oh, okay then," and carry on. Needless to say, he didn't come back the year after.

Offline Tweak

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 4
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 05:56:03 pm »
Mine actually happened today!

I enrolled in microbiology this semester and got the craziest teacher at our school.
All classes have to take the pretest of the semester, then you take another one at the end to see how much you learned. Anyway today instead of taking a paper pretest he said to our class, "instead of taking a paper test we are going to do a bacteria lab. I'll assume you know what you're doing if you don't get sick." I thought I had misheard him so my response was the common O_o ? I eventually knew I heard right because after he said "to the lab!" Only one person got up and the rest of the class sat and had the O_O looks on their faces, and yeah I washed my hands like 6 times after the lab XP
I am crazy, but who cares I'm a furry 8)
(If you PM me be sure your inbox is not full XP)

Offline FurryPhil

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 44
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 07:15:21 pm »
Last year when I was just a freshie, I was supposed to be learning Algebra 2 from an experienced teacher who had been there for multiple years. Instead, that teacher was assigned a "student" teacher for our block only, lucky me -_-.

This teacher couldn't control a TV remote let alone a class of high school students. Of course, as any responsible high school class would do in this situation,  we immediately began assigning ourselves our own seats completely ignoring the whimpering student teacher attempting to get us to sit back in our originally assigned seats. After she gave up on getting us back in our assigned seats, she turned around to start writing notes on the board. Not 30 seconds into note writing someone threw a pencil at her. It wasn't a hard throw or anything but she definitely felt it. This spineless teacher's response to being hit by a pencil you ask, "Guys lets just settle down please".

From then on there was no limit to what people in our class would do. People would simply walk out of the classroom at random points with their backpacks and not return till the end of class. There was nonstop talking being done by the class, obviously not about Algebra. The throwing of items escalated to the point where someone threw a calculator at her 0.0 (Keep in mind these are kids in an honors Algebra 2 class). I felt kind of bad for her but there isn't much you can do to improve someones control over the classroom so I just accepted it.

This continued all throughout the semester, only ending the day of finals when she finally left.   

Offline Sheriff

• To Serve and Protect
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 18
  • K-9 Unit
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 07:16:32 pm »
Ohh school. My story comes from when I was in grade 8. We had to do an assignment in Math class with measuring the circumference, diameter, volume, etc. of a can of pop (soda for my American friends lol). Anyways I got the idea to shake the can of Coke since we weren't opening them till we were done. So after shaking it vigorously I notice sort of a line/dent on the can. I grab my ruler and press it against the line as I go to follow it. As soon as I touched it the can grenaded and Coke went all over me, my books, my friend and his stuff beside me, the two girls infront of me, and all over the back wall of the classroom. My teacher was like, "Who else but Brady", as she laughed with the rest of the class. My desk was sticky for the rest of the year lol. And anyone ever have a crush on one of their teachers? I had one on my teacher, Ms. Wagner, in grade 12 haha. She was a gorgeous and had paw print tattoos that ran up her leg. She used to drive a sporty motorcycle to school. And she never dressed like a teacher. She was just so causal and free spirited. I wish I was her age lol.
Awesome Avatar By the One and Only SonarSnow!!! Thank You :D

Offline Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 308
  • Hoofies down here.
  • Fursona Species: Sheep
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 10:09:52 pm »
I'm not sure if they count as stories, but my teachers have done some pretty interesting things. For example back in year eight, which was exactly five years ago and I was 13 at the time, one of my IT teachers had a strong resemblance Sacha Baron Cohen's Borat character. It was extremely uncanny. So his appearance lead to some amusing quips and jokes, though I felt little bad about them at the time (yes I realize kids do have the potential to act pretty harshly). Fortunately enough the man was fairly good humoured about it all. But one kid took it too far one time, as the kid practically did nothing in class and just cracked a load of Borat jokes at my teacher's expense, so the teacher then responded by giving him a detention while mimicking Borat's voice. It was hilarious.

Another interesting story happened within year 10 at the age of 15, when I was allowed to play on an Xbox 360 during Design/Technology class. We had essentially done a huge exam and it was reaching the end of the year, so our teacher brought in his Xbox for us to play. He told us to bring in any games we wanted, so long as they were deemed appropriate for our age by rating systems like PEGI and the once the BBFC uses. We were able to bring in some of the most popular games at the time such as Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. It was a lot of fun and I was able to beat a lot of people at said games - including the teacher himself. Mind you I'm able to play video games in my college's canteen and cafe right now. But I think what made this event so much fun was because I have never done anything like that in a class before.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:09:47 am by Gage »
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor

Offline kuri

• nope!
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 7
  • bleh
  • Fursona Species: grey wolf
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 10:44:21 pm »
well last year in grade 9 i took algebra 1 ( yeah i know i am stupid XD ) but my teacher literally for the first about 3/4 of the class just told stories of nothing to do with algebra, gave us some notes, then homework that we had the rest of class to work on ( plenty of time ) it was pretty sad for a freshman to get better grades than a senior in the same class  :fox-:P:

pixely thing by - crevontz

Offline Peter

• Time Traveling Pizza Man
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Shush, babu... u3u
    • DeviantArt - PetertheHumblePrince
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 11:33:17 pm »
I have a teacher for my Elements of Media class, and he is just... I don't even know. XD He keeps this giant block of styrofoam with random stuff shoved into it. But we get in trouble if we call it styrofoam. So we have to say what it isn't. He says we have to exercise our , or else we'll become boring business men and women, or 'penguins' that's what he calls them xD He's a cool dude.
Am I alive? Or am I just existing?

I lurk mostly at night... ewe

Offline Dingo

• #Hashtags
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 52
  • Ruff! <3
    • FurAffinity - okamiix
    • Twitter - @DingoFTW
    • my furrafinity page
  • Fursona Species: wusky :) wolf/husky
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 12:13:08 pm »
oh Mr B, he did the cinnamon challenge with us during our trip to washington, he was the coolest ^^

Offline Gaz

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 307
  • Icon created by Proto
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 12:29:46 pm »
My art teacher Mr.Babcoc always tells stories he says "all good stories start with, there I was" lol
Plus he has fake bricks that he throws at people when they are off topic! Haha

It's so fun to watch new kids dodge them thinking its an actual brick XD

Not really a story but just funny in my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 12:33:19 pm by Gaz »
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/They
Feel free to contact me with questions, concerns,
or if you just want to talk!

Offline TheIrishHusky

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 17
  • If at first you don't succeed, improvise!
    • FurAffinity - TheIrishHusky
  • Fursona Species: Husky
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 04:15:10 pm »
I had a teacher by the name of Mrs. Beaver-Dick...
She get maden name was Beaver, them she married a Mr.Dick, and the rest is history...
I'd rather laugh with the sinners then cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun only the good die young!

Offline Midnight

• Hakuna Matata - No worries.
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • When pigs fly!
  • Fursona Species: Wolf Thingy.
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 10:03:04 pm »
I had a teacher by the name of Mrs. Beaver-Dick...
She get maden name was Beaver, them she married a Mr.Dick, and the rest is history...
Rofl, theres a teacher at my friend's school my the name of Dick, Dickinson. Iv'e heard he's mean too.

Offline FurryPhil

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 44
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 11:37:31 pm »
I was in Drafting 1 last year and I basically goofed off the whole class. The class was essentially a joke anyway seeing as we did the same drawings everyday and the teacher, Mr. Brooks was extremely nice!

One day I decided to goof off more than usual and not do my drawings at all. Instead I used our school's photo editing software to take my teacher's face from the picture of him on the school's website and put it on the body of kim jong un from the college humor series "The adventures of Kim jong un" (this was the image that I put his face on: http://www.ufunk.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/The-Adventures-of-Kim-Jong-Un-1.jpg). So while everyone was turning in the assigned work at the end of the day, I slipped in my newly edited picture. The next day he called me up to his desk, and looked at me with a scowl while holding the picture.

Then all of a sudden he bursts out laughing and tells me that the picture was hilarious. All the time he completely forgot that I didn't do the actual assigned work.  :lol-fox:

Offline Larsen

• You could be next
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 21
  • I Want Crazy
    • DeviantArt - AnimalLarsen
    • Twitter - @musleh_yusef
  • Fursona Species: dog/wolf
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 12:53:52 am »
One of my teachers flipped this kid off in class once, it was hilarious.
#Ifeelpretty

Offline AussieDax

• Photographer, car nut, gamer, con goer and professional turn off and on againer
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 58
    • FurAffinity - animosus5
  • Fursona Species: Vaporeon
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 03:12:54 am »
My year 5 teacher was one of the best teachers i have had.

He was in his 60s, yet very forward with technology, having all the latest and greatest. We never did any paper work and, instead, did all of our work on comptuers. He was also the teach that introduced me to Faulty towers.

My year 11 English teacher gave another one the finger when they started bitching about our class listening to dubstep too loudly for an assignment.

My year 9 Science teacher knocked down a wall with some home made explosives which he demonstrated to us in class, needless to say the school has to be evacuated and closed for a week.

The head of science at my first high school, may not have been my teacher, but we play CS:GO, Battlefield 3, sins of a solar empire and DayZ frequently

• Flag - britain
Add me on telegram @aussiedax

I'm from Perth, Western Australia but now live in London UK!

Offline Subzero

• JB17
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 72
    • FurAffinity - szsubzero01
    • Twitter - SubzeroCheetah
  • Fursona Species: Cheetah
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 08:37:08 am »
Ohhh my math teacher last year...

Every Thursday was "Throw it down Thursday". Soo he would rap for us, usually to the beat of scypher 2.0 haha. You could rap battle him if you wanted, I never had the confidence though :P.

It gets better. Every Friday was "Failblog Friday". So every Friday, he would post a montage of fails for the last 10 minutes of class. He claimed we were learning 'what not to do over the weekend' and therefore we were still technically learning (thats a stretch). He was fired in the last month of school LOL.

Offline Midnight

• Hakuna Matata - No worries.
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • When pigs fly!
  • Fursona Species: Wolf Thingy.
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 05:52:58 pm »
Ohhh my math teacher last year...

Every Thursday was "Throw it down Thursday". Soo he would rap for us, usually to the beat of scypher 2.0 haha. You could rap battle him if you wanted, I never had the confidence though :P.

It gets better. Every Friday was "Failblog Friday". So every Friday, he would post a montage of fails for the last 10 minutes of class. He claimed we were learning 'what not to do over the weekend' and therefore we were still technically learning (thats a stretch). He was fired in the last month of school LOL.
Wish my math teacher was like that.

Offline CyrusTheWolf01

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 13
    • Twitter - A_THE_FURRY
  • Fursona Species: British Columbia Wolf
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2018, 09:09:05 am »
there is one story that will forever stick with me since I was there and it was genuinely funny watching it happen.
So it was prep and we had a substitute (which, spoiler: never ends well for the substitute). There's this boy in my class who I'm gonna call Jeremy. Jeremy didn't care about school, he was your typical entertaining popular kid who got in trouble a lot. (he's sadly moved schools now, and he was actually a nice kid. sometimes.) So when the teacher called his name out, he said "Oh for crying out loud! Sir, I'm not Jeremy, that's my brother." Silence falls upon the class. My friends and I look at each other in a shock. "They always get us mixed up on the register." everyone in the class is gripped, my friends' trying so hard not to laugh. The teacher looked at him, slightly suspicious, "Ok, what's your real name"
"Jacob. My name's Jacob, is there any way you can change it?"
I covered my mouth with my hand. The teacher believes him, he stops marking the register to try and sort the situation at hand out. so the teacher gets a piece of lined paper. "Ok, we're doing a paper register for Jacob here." (if you don't know, a paper register is handed around the classroom and students will write down their name. this is for if the website the school uses is glitching or down which happens too frequently). SO THIS IS ACTUALLY DONE. A PAPER REGISTER IS HANDED AROUND THE CLASS. When it gets to me I notice, the kid actually put Jacob down. I was stifling so much laughter and shown my friends. I wrote my name and passed it on. Then someone was nominated to bring it down to student services and what do you know it still said Jacob. It left the classroom. It set in what happened and my friends and I talk, "Ok someone has to change it." and "he's gonna get in so much trouble". Luckily the person who delivered it changed it so the boy didn't get in trouble, and I don't think he did. So that's my favourite example of the class pranking a sub because we all went along with it in the best way possible.
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - agender
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their
- I feel pretty, oh so pretty. I feel pretty and witty, and gay! -

Offline Adams

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • Fursona Species: Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2018, 04:15:16 pm »
I had a crazy supply teacher. I had him for a few weeks because my teacher was very badly ill. He was like 80 or something and was the most horrible person ever. Once, he swore at us because someone laughed. He spat near another student because he didn't know what was going on. He did a bunch of weird things but there are too many to write. Good thing he was fired before he could cause anything drastic...
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual