Author Topic: The Walking Dead (comic book)  (Read 475 times)

Offline Battery

• Zombiesaurus Rex
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 53
  • Name's Ash....Housewares. Groovy.
  • Fursona Species: Lythronax argestes
The Walking Dead (comic book)
« on: January 09, 2013, 06:03:43 pm »
Since I go out to the comic book shop often and browse and buy I thought I start reviewing The Walking Dead and hopefully get some of you guys to read this brilliant comic book that inspired the wonderful show.
I started reading this sereis back in '06 when I heard wonderful things about it on G4's Attack of the Show
I go out almost every month and pick up the latest copy of the series.

For the Review:
Issue #106

Story:
For those who have been reading and are up to date you know that the new villain character Negen seems to be very mentally unstable. One second he's evil, then he's kind and is looked up to by his people "The Saviors", then the next he's cruel and treats Carl like total S**t.  With that said we see still see Negen taking a liking to Carl and Rick still making almost all of his members of his community thinking that he's still giving into Negen's orders (Which we see in a brief scene between Eric and Aaron). Again like the last couple issues it's slower paced then it was a few issues ago but that's good as it's building up story foreshadow Carl's fate with Negen, Especially seeing the cover for #107.

Cover:
I personally really like the A variant of this issue (which is the one I bought). It features Rick, Michonne, Andria, and Jesus fighting a group of zombies. Seeing the whole cover it would make an awesome poster.

Also on another note, This is Charlie Adlard's 100th issues as artist for The Walking Dead

issue #107 comes out Feb. 13th
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:16:05 pm by Battery »
DeviantArt - FurAffinity - Weasyl - Tumblr - Twitter - Skype: BatteryAcidLeak

Offline Battery

• Zombiesaurus Rex
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 53
  • Name's Ash....Housewares. Groovy.
  • Fursona Species: Lythronax argestes
Re: The Walking Dead (comic book)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 07:48:02 pm »
Issue #107

With all the build up of Negan having Carl made this issue look like it was something you should not miss. But it was a let down.
I hoping for something more dramatic but whatever. It was mostly a verbal (ad some physical) fight against Rick ad Negan. It seems that The Walking Dead is moving towards a path that very very few zombie stories show, the "long term after apocalypse". It shows in this issue that there would be the "new" law, order, and taxes. When Negan isn't smashing people's faces in or sticking hot irons to them he seems like a reasonable guy (even though I despise still him). He's still a more complex character then the Governor. So again this issue was quite boring and a bit of a let down. But it does at the end mention the character on the cover of the upcoming issue #108, Ezekiel. I look forward to seeing this character and if he really does have a tiger as shown on the cover.
DeviantArt - FurAffinity - Weasyl - Tumblr - Twitter - Skype: BatteryAcidLeak

Offline Skipper

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 19
  • Swag
Re: The Walking Dead (comic book)
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 01:54:46 pm »
I read the whole series sitting at Walmart on the floor pouring over every one of the volumes.  THAT took awhile but my review for it bleh art wasn't the best story was good but just way to much dark stuff in the end almost barfed once while I was reading the last volumes.  Dont suggest it or the show.