Author Topic: Music - Guitar speed picking - Help?!  (Read 2786 times)

Offline Fenix the Wolf

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 25
  • Some.. guy
  • Fursona Species: MAIN: Blue wolf ALT: Phoenix
Re: Music - Guitar speed picking - Help?!
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 03:23:20 pm »
XD Thanks! I have done those things and it's a whole ton easier cx

Also, I now have 12 gauge strings on my guitar, but I've only just recently wanted to tune back up to standard. It's at Drop C atm so it's not that far off; I was just wondering how High it could actually go without risking the strings snapping.. :/

The strings won't snap if you bring it to standard tuning X>  It was made to be played at standard turning in the first place anyway X>

I found that out... CX I just need to grow some balls and be prepared to pay the extra 5$ If something goes wrong next time >.> Thanks anyway XD
So I'm back :3
Hugs given = 0

Geese suck >:I

Offline anz100

• Manager; Lead Guitar; Lead Vocals for The Jynx
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • FEAR THE FUR!
    • DeviantArt - anz100
    • FurAffinity - anz100
    • Twitter - @anz100
    • The Jynx
  • Fursona Species: Human-wolf hybrid
Re: Music - Guitar speed picking - Help?!
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2013, 12:08:57 pm »
You want a pick with a sharp point an little to no bend in it. I use a V-Pick, which is plexiglass. I recommend no thinner than a regulation heavy pick. Get some 1.0mm or thicker Dunlop Ultex if you don't want to spend $5 for a V-Pick (lasts much longer though). The rest is in your arm muscles or wrist, whichever works for you. I can also show you what I do through a videocall if you Skype me. My Skype is faanz100.
-Alex
PLEASE ASK FOR MY IM ADDRESS IF YOU WANT TO CHAT. I HAVE ACCOUNTS FOR ALL OF THE MAJOR IM SERVICES.

18/Male/Gay (Kinsey Scale 5.5)
I build guitars, and plan to make a living doing so. If you think you'll ever want a custom guitar, get in touch with me!