Author Topic: Rage Against The Machine  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Roofus

• Resident Grumpy Old Fur
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 86
  • Whatupwidat?
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
Rage Against The Machine
« on: March 05, 2007, 10:17:39 am »
So as some may know, Rage Against The Machine are back together for Cohella festival and some dates after that.

Hopefully they'll work it all out and get back for good, seeing as we need them now more than ever. Anyone who's heard Zack's newer solo stuff will hear the sorts of things he's about, and the band themselves have pretty much stopped being Audioslave now that Cornell's buggered off again.

Any thoughts on this momentous band?

Whadda ya mean "who are you?" :fox-;):

Offline Clockwork?

• عَدَم الجَوَاب جَوَاب
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 6
  • I lol'd.
    • It's mah Facebook!
Re: Rage Against The Machine
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 06:08:56 pm »
IT'S ABOUT TIME.

Finally, after all this time they're back together (Kind of!)! I've loved Rage as soon as I heard Bulls on Parade a couple years ago, and it's great to hear that they're at least working with one another now. I truely hope they'll be back together, but I can't help doubting it. They broke apart for some bullshit reason, and it seemed impossible they would be back. But, they were awesome then, and if they come back, they'll be awesome now. Truely a great band.

Was hilft laufen, wenn man nicht auf den rechten Weg ist?

Offline Roofus

• Blue Level
  • Whatupwidat?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 03:01:22 pm »
They broke apart because the band and Zack's ideas of what they should be differed. Zack wanted them to be "a voice of the voiceless" so to speak, and the band just wanted to be the "best and most important band in the world".

Hopefully, after Audioslave, they'll all realise that stadium rock really isn't what it's cracked up to be.

Offline Clockwork?

• عَدَم الجَوَاب جَوَاب
  • Yellow Level
  • I lol'd.
    • It's mah Facebook!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 06:37:07 pm »
They broke apart because the band and Zack's ideas of what they should be differed. Zack wanted them to be "a voice of the voiceless" so to speak, and the band just wanted to be the "best and most important band in the world".

Hm, makes sense. I always did picture Zack as the biggest activist, or at least the most outspoken one.

I sincerely hope they do patch things up though. Audioslave was good, but to me, they just weren't Rage, nor could they be as good as Rage.

Offline Eddy

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 671
  • Gone for good.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 04:38:30 am »
Politics and music shouldn't mix. I hate it when good bands decide to get all political. It's one of the main reasons I often don't find myself listening to modern music.

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • Örülök, hogy megismerhetem
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 10:26:19 am »
Indeed eddy. Though..it still happens. Especially punk rock the most. And I heard about this in the news a while ago...they're ok. I like a few of their songs.

Offline Clockwork?

• عَدَم الجَوَاب جَوَاب
  • Yellow Level
  • I lol'd.
    • It's mah Facebook!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 05:57:01 pm »
Many famous songs are quite political in nature, many just not as blatantly obvious as Rage makes theirs. Politics are simply something to write about, just like everything else you hear in music, from love to death and everything in between. Many very popular and well loved bands have been political since their beginnings. The factor that ruins this though, is when you have a band attempting to be political because it's "cool". They just change their focus and message because it's the popular thing to do, and there's a good number of them doing this, which cheapens politically charged music.

Offline Roofus

• Blue Level
  • Whatupwidat?
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 11:58:13 am »
Politics and music shouldn't mix. I hate it when good bands decide to get all political. It's one of the main reasons I often don't find myself listening to modern music.

I dissagree entirely, though you are of course allowed your own opinion, and I respect it. I feel that music is one of the best ways to get a message across to people of all ages, races, nationalities, classes.

Look at the 1960s. Music united a whole generation of people who wanted changes toward the way the world was run. And in some areas, namely women's rights and race rights they succeeded.

Also, you can tell when a song is political to sell records as it sounds incincear. For example, "Bring On The Lucie" by John Lennon sounds honest, whereas "Another Day In Paridise" by Phil Collins is blatently a millionaire exploiting sentiments about the struggles of the homeless to shift his lousey records.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 12:00:26 pm by Rooster »

Offline Flarecat

• The cat who could code
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 25
  • Contrary to popular views, the 'net is for cats
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 11:22:38 pm »
Kids don't read. Very few people read. Kids don't watch the news for information...they watch MTV. Zach managed to reach more kids than a book like 1984 would ever get to (And he quoted it in the song Testify, which is my personal favorite)...because music is what kids do listen to. And they were good. Very good.

Offline Airbag!

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 27
  • Desudesu.
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 04:09:46 pm »
    I'm extremely excited about their return.  Actually, I'm going to see them at Voodoofest this year.
Mate of Shwintay!

Offline Flarecat

• The cat who could code
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 25
  • Contrary to popular views, the 'net is for cats
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 02:01:00 pm »
I tried really hard to see them at Cochella.., but I am glad I couldn't go because THEY HAD VNV NATION (the other big headlining band) play at THE SAME TIME ON ANOTHER STAGE....so I would of ended up paying over $200 just to see VNV Nation...