Author Topic: Jack the Giant Slayer was Meh...  (Read 516 times)

Offline ArtiLove

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 55
  • Oh lo lo do I love you.
    • Twitter - SuperArtiLove
  • Fursona Species: Arctic River Otter
Jack the Giant Slayer was Meh...
« on: March 12, 2013, 03:12:21 am »
I did not enjoy this movie what so ever.  Who else here has seen it and please list some of the things you either liked or did not like, and let's discuss it. :P
Remember that smile, the one you wore with such beauty and grace?  Where has it gone?  What has happened to put you in this miserable, lonely place?  Smile for me, even it may be the last time I see.  A picture I will take not for myself, no. A picture for the entire world to embrace the happiness you once shared with me.  Just smile...

Offline Goat angst

• Your crazy ruler
  • Board Moderator
  • Cookies: 114
  • Mmmmm goat angst~
    • DeviantArt - crazymonkey45
    • FurAffinity - crazywolf45
  • Fursona Species: Crazy and spooky goat angst
Re: Jack the Giant Slayer was Meh...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 09:17:31 am »
Arti this isn't really a review. It needs a bit more detail and what not for it to become a review, so next time add a bit more detaill to it please.
  • Award - Beta Tester

Tacos are the best kind of weapons!

Offline Jaze

• Furry forever.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • The car is just an extension of the pilot.
    • FurAffinity - Nightfury84
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 04:39:41 am »
In France, it wasn't realesed yet, but the trailer didn't make me feel like watching it.
Lupus sano in corpore sano.
Xbox live: Jaze Wolfcraig
I really love talking! Add me if you want.

Offline ArtiLove

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 55
  • Oh lo lo do I love you.
    • Twitter - SuperArtiLove
  • Fursona Species: Arctic River Otter
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 02:08:42 pm »
To modify what I had posted before, for Chris.

The beginning of the movie was very hard to watch because the actors were making the story telling of the Giants way too cheesy sounding.  The graphics used to tell the story were very bad, and gave me a bad feeling about the film from the get go.  After the Prologue it started to pick up a bit, but I found myself enjoying the movie a bit more until they started developing the antagonist within the story line.  He wasn't evil enough I felt at all.  The so called "guardians" were nothing to get on about as well, because when the first giant fight began I thought I would see them have an epic battle with said giant but they just got their butts handed to them.  It was quite lame in my eyes.  They killed of the henchmen of the antagonist too early in my opinion and every time the goofy head of the main giant said or did anything it just fell flat for me.  The antagonist himself died way too early in the film for my liking as well.  I just felt like his death at that time was unnecessary.  The ending battle between the men and the giants was pretty good I must say.  A very clever battle sequence commenced, and I got a little bit of excitement.  Overall this movie was not that great of an adventure for me.  I would give it 2 stars out of 5.
Remember that smile, the one you wore with such beauty and grace?  Where has it gone?  What has happened to put you in this miserable, lonely place?  Smile for me, even it may be the last time I see.  A picture I will take not for myself, no. A picture for the entire world to embrace the happiness you once shared with me.  Just smile...

Offline Jaze

• Furry forever.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • The car is just an extension of the pilot.
    • FurAffinity - Nightfury84
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 04:10:12 pm »
Now I really feel like I won't watch it. Thanks for saving two hours of my life.
Lupus sano in corpore sano.
Xbox live: Jaze Wolfcraig
I really love talking! Add me if you want.