Author Topic: Gears of War: Judgement  (Read 613 times)

Offline Battery

• Zombiesaurus Rex
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 53
  • Name's Ash....Housewares. Groovy.
  • Fursona Species: Lythronax argestes
Gears of War: Judgement
« on: March 20, 2013, 12:12:08 pm »
First off I want to say I am a huge gears fan, I've been since the first game when I got it at it's midnight release. And after that every midnight release and picked up every game in the series including this one.

If you don't know GoWJ takes place 14 years before the first game and stars fan fave characters Baird and Cole.

Gameplay matches fairly well with the story and lore of the GoW universe, Each level functions like a mini version of horde mode from previous games. But Each has a thing call Declassified where you can add more enemies, environment challenges(impaired vision, dust, wind, ect.), or low to no ammo. The story is fun to play and each time you go through the enemies change so it's almost never the same thing twice.

Some gameplay is also changed such as having to main guns a pistol and grenades. Instead you only can carry two weapons and 4 grenades, it's a nice change with faster weapon swapping but it does make me wish the weapon switching was still like the pervious titles.

Multiplayer is the big difference I see in this. THere is no horde mode, instead they replaced it with Survival and Overrun modes. A lot of the game types are gone too, all that remains is team deathmatch and domination. Also they have taken out COG vs Locust teams in multi, it's now blue COGs and red COGs, for some reason that bugged me, I miss to totally different teams.

Over all I had fun with the campaign and had a ton of replay value, but multiplayer was a let down which was the reason I kept going back to gears in the older games. Gears 3 multiplayer is better in my opinion. Not the best Gears of War game, but it's a welcome entry in the series.
DeviantArt - FurAffinity - Weasyl - Tumblr - Twitter - Skype: BatteryAcidLeak

Offline Will

• British Mouse
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 43
  • meh, none of you gave a shit
  • Fursona Species: Mouse
Re: Gears of War: Judgement
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 04:13:41 pm »
I've not been attentive to GoWJ but when you say it plays like a mini version of horde do you mean the campaign as well? I didn't think the campaign was bad how it was in 1 and 2 and I played the campaign a LOT.
"To the world you may just be one person, but to one person you may mean the world."-Brandi Snyder

Offline Jaze

• Furry forever.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 20
  • The car is just an extension of the pilot.
    • FurAffinity - Nightfury84
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: Gears of War: Judgement
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 04:01:09 pm »
Even if I don't really play Gears of War, This game looks like a nice one. One of my friend has tried the demo and told me it was  great if you were a GOW fan.
Lupus sano in corpore sano.
Xbox live: Jaze Wolfcraig
I really love talking! Add me if you want.