Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program  (Read 466 times)

Offline NightF0x

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 178
Kerbal Space Program
« on: March 24, 2013, 10:27:15 pm »
Does anyone else play this game around here? I started playing on Friday and just can't stop. It's a space simulator and super physics based. So far I've managed to get 4 satellites to orbit geosynchronously around the Earth, sent 5 manned flights into space, and deploy a deep space probe.

If you don't know what this game is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5OhFnq_iKw Watch the trailer.
Seriously the BEST game I've ever played. It's available on Steam for ~23 bucks (Part of the Steam Early Access thing.) My only fear about the game is that when it is released in it's final form, it will be so watered and dumbed down that it won't be challenging anymore. 
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Mega

• Red Level
  • Candies: 8
    • Twitter - megaghostspy
  • Fursona Species: husky
Re: Kerbal Space Program
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 11:37:42 pm »
ive played it almost since the first version and i love it! ive flown to every planet and every moon and spent way too long making planes and doing stuff like seeing how big i can make a controlable plane (its pretty big :P) and the same with rockets. ive spent way too long playing this game :fox-:): <3 KSP

Offline Cam

• Photographer, car nut, gamer, con goer and professional turn off and on againer
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 55
    • FurAffinity - animosus5
  • Fursona Species: Snowleopard
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 12:02:39 am »
I absolutely love this game. I have played it to excesses. A few weeks again I managed a Duna round trip, including landing on Duna and returning to Kerbin.

Some creations I have made.

Yeah I have too much time on my hands
Add me on telegram @Animosus

I'm from Perth, Western Australia but travel interstate frequently

Offline Atte

• Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 9
  • Fursona Species: Eurasian Lynx
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 03:41:09 pm »
When I first tried it I started playing at 8 pm. I had to stop 8 am the next morning because I had to go to class.

One of the few things I've saved is a tiny space station I built in orbit by docking together two parts I flew up separately. It was mostly for practice; next I can build a huge station by creating a lot more attachable parts.

• Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Zukaro Travon

• Prince of Kenthar
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 13
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 02:08:49 am »
Does anyone else play this game around here? I started playing on Friday and just can't stop. It's a space simulator and super physics based. So far I've managed to get 4 satellites to orbit geosynchronously around the Earth, sent 5 manned flights into space, and deploy a deep space probe.

If you don't know what this game is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5OhFnq_iKw Watch the trailer.
Seriously the BEST game I've ever played. It's available on Steam for ~23 bucks (Part of the Steam Early Access thing.) My only fear about the game is that when it is released in it's final form, it will be so watered and dumbed down that it won't be challenging anymore.

I have this game.  I got it awhile ago (before it was even on Steam).  It's really fun.  As for you feeling it'll be watered down and dumb; it wont be.  They've made improvements on it to make things more possible (you used to not even have that orbital map, so to get to the moon you had to eye it).  Then they added it and it still wasn't all that great.  But they've improved the game a lot; not to make it watered down and dumb, but to make it more possible and the things they've done actually make sense (like setting burn markers so you don't leave everything to guess work like you used to do).

I'm not sure what's new yet other than it being on Steam, but I can't wait for them to actually make rovers and such.

As for what I've managed to do; I've put a bunch of stuff into space (this was all before burn markers however; but it was after they added the orbital map and improved it); I got a few ships in orbit around Kerbin, smashed into the moon multiple times (never actually "landed" there however; but I have crash landed and everyone survived; as well as was about to crash and die so I sent one of the kerbals on EVA and he bounced of the moon and survived while everyone else died :p).  I've also gotten to that other moon they added (the one that's a lot smaller but in orbit around Kerbin; further than the moon).  I've actually been able to land on that one; as well as do a very low orbit (low enough I ended up smashing into a mountain after a few orbits :p).

Offline The not scary Dave

• INFP Personality~
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 64
  • [icon by a friend named Shaidz on dA]
    • DeviantArt - Adadave
    • Twitter - @AdadaveE
  • Fursona Species: A Fox with a werid mind
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 06:38:47 pm »
As an avid player of this game (granted haven't played it in a while) I feel this needs a revival. At least for my sake and to see if there's some Kerbal fans around here too xD

I've had it for about 3 years and still it's a complex game for me XD I haven't managed to get landing on other plannets good although the most advanced thing I've done is get a satelite observing the Juno system. Still have yet to finish a carrer mode or science save.

As for the person who said they feared the game being dumbed down... I think with the addition of satellite control needing signal strength, increased aerodynamics making reentry and overheating a thing, and then the entire fuel system being redone...

It's a pretty complex game but hey... at least I am very good at getting things into orbit? XD
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - homoflexible
  • Pronouns: He/His/Him They/them

Reality is the things that, no matter how hard you try, won't cease to exist.
Plz don't be werid XP -> http://www.thiscrush.com/~adadave